Hardcore Trade Suggestion

Ibux

Hardcore Trade Suggestion

Post by Ibux » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:07 pm

How about making trading an item on hardcore turns the item soulbound. No more cheating with middleman, alt characters, multiboxing etc. to dodge the trade level requirements.

Voku

Re: Hardcore Trade Suggestion

Post by Voku » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:12 pm

I like the idea, but it's probably difficult to manage. If someone gives you 10 light leather and you happen to get 1 from a chest how would that work? You would probably have to make them two different items for them not to stack.

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:46 pm

yea maybe. or have the items that get stacked with other soulbound items become soulbound.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:55 pm

Voku wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:12 pm
I like the idea, but it's probably difficult to manage. If someone gives you 10 light leather and you happen to get 1 from a chest how would that work? You would probably have to make them two different items for them not to stack.
yeah pretty much, you'd have to set up a system that has item ID 17056 light feather, become ID 1017056 soulbound light feather once traded. It would take dev work for sure. But yes OP, if implemented correctly this would make HC trading fulfil its actual purpose, to share something you wouldnt use while someone else would... without enabling people to make +-5 level toons to create a logistics system to move products around like they are Amazon lmaoooo
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:46 am

And this is a good suggestion; why? Turtle's been supportive of middlemen for ages; The "can only trade with people within 5 levels" rule was only made in the first place to attempt to mend the issue of some level 60 giving a level 20 loads of gold, consumables and item upgrades.

Getting rid of middleman is just punishing level 15s from getting a level 15 upgrade from a level 21 player; Getting rid of this does more harm to the supportive and helpful hardcore community than it does good.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:08 pm

the restriction is just pointless then, when you can just trade a middleman. might as well just remove the restriction then, and prevent hardcore characters from trading with level 60s.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Ibux wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:08 pm
the restriction is just pointless then, when you can just trade a middleman. might as well just remove the restriction then, and prevent hardcore characters from trading with level 60s.
The 5 lvl restriction is an attempt to limit help from above in a simple understandable way. It has shortcomings and is not perfect - everybody knows that. But as long as it (at least sort of) works, it is good enough. Its simplicity offsets its shortcomings as it is. If anybody can come up with another SIMPLE system that is also better to replace the current one - by all means, suggest it and promote it. The OP's soulbound idea works for gear, but definitely not for mats and consumables. It makes bank alts (quite necessary for HC60 when it comes) less useful as they would not be able store gear anymore. It may also be somewhat difficult to understand and implement as the concept of bind on trade does not exist at all atm.

To sum up: KISS.

Safyre

Post by Safyre » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:24 am

I still thought my idea was good. It would make it a bit tedious at first because someone would have to go in and set a level to every item in the game but...

Make the trade restriction based on the item and not the trader. For example, a level 60 could trade with a level 1 but the item being traded would have to be within four levels of level 1.

Edit: And if possible make it so the receiver of the trade has to pay a minimum of vendor price of the item. I mean for those who think it's exploitable.