Add Essential NPCs

Hal

Add Essential NPCs

Post by Hal » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:30 am

Hey! i thought of adding essential NPCs for certain things that'll improvise both gameplay, lorewise & immersion, like me perhaps, i want to get low honor title, but i don't want to kill important vendor, quest, innkeeper etc NPCs so i don't disturb others' gameplay, i can kill these citizen NPCs perhaps that aren't that important, it's better you add a little mini-role for them like vendoring things like bags & sorts, but not really important to disturb gameplay, these citizens are a good farming title NPCs, so here is what this does, first of all, easier title farming, immersive citizen quantity, you know, in the normal WoW there's simply too little NPCs to populate a WHOLE city, so maybe if you add citizens with randomized names or simply "Citizen Commoner" etc, it could enhance game immersion, when people enter the city now they'd find it populated & lively looking, more vendors that add just a bit of immersion, it won't change the game greatly, but it would make things easier, in gameplay (title farming), lorewise (quantity in a town/city etc), & immersion (lively cities & shires etc), just a little something that'd surprise players when they find out something new :P i hope you like this idea of more mini yet essential & helpful NPCs turtle_tongue_head

-Yours, 'Hal' Lorphar. maintenance_turtle here's a poor example but it'll give you the idea Image

Sinrek

Re: Add Essential NPCs

Post by Sinrek » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:40 am

If these Citizens would be interactable with some flavour text made by the community and devs all together, yet, without the "kill for farming" purpose, I'd say that I like the idea. I mean, immersion is what Vanilla used to lack a lot if it goes up to the retail state of events on WoW now. Just comparing how scripted some non-quest NPCs all over the cities and smaller towns all those guards, vendors and alike...
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com & MMoHuB

Hal

Post by Hal » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:53 am

Exactly, i just added the killing part because i don't want to leave lowbies waiting for the important NPCs' respawn and waste their precious gaming time

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:55 am

Like ... which NPCs are we talking about now? Bosses?
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com & MMoHuB

Hal

Post by Hal » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Um, what do you mean? i'm talking about citizen NPCs that give you low honor title when killed, add immersion, make cities etc lively, and something new to get used to

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:05 pm

So you want a honor grinding option with the nice side effect that the cities look lived?

Hal

Post by Hal » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Exactly, from the enemy faction it's a grinding farm, for the ally it's an immersion, as simple as that, should'nt be too hard for the gms to implement some side-npcs in cities & towns

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 am

Perhaps, to let Paw feel the inevitable doom from kids, we could add some orc kids running around Orgrimmar with some frog or a squirrel and spamming the channel with nuisance.

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Wed May 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 am
Perhaps, to let Paw feel the inevitable doom from kids, we could add some orc kids running around Orgrimmar with some frog or a squirrel and spamming the channel with nuisance.
I'm totally in for this <3