More Race/Class matches sooner?

Mamozen

More Race/Class matches sooner?

Post by Mamozen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 am

Hello. I am curious to try out this server but I am curious about at least one part of your plans. Do you plan to add more Race/Class combos sooner than when they originally came out (such as Human Hunter or Night Elf Mage)? Are you at least open to discussing it?

Update:

Last edited by Mamozen on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neria

Re: More Race/Class matches sooner?

Post by Neria » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 am

Human hunters I imagine are fine... but at this point in the timeline I'm really not so sure about Night Elf mages given that arcane magic is very strictly banned. Though I could see a case for maybe RPing as one of the Shen'dralar that escaped?

Mamozen

Post by Mamozen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:43 am

Right. Lore should be taken into account as well, but I was thinking in terms of adapting race/class selection with a mind for knowing what combinations had become available later on, and adjusting said availability.

That said I'll update the OP with a chart showing class/race combos, with races and classes from pre-Mists.

Eleison

Post by Eleison » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:09 am

Interesting idea, and I'm not strictly opposed if there is lore justification. But, I don't think it would be as simple as a toggle on, it would probably take time and effort from the devs, which may be better spent elsewhere.

Leluch

Post by Leluch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 am

I'm strictly opposed too. it's classic server.
Night Elf have Arcane mage.... its moonkin =P

Mamozen

Post by Mamozen » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:35 am

Just because it's a classic-based server, does it really mean we have to follow all its rules? They've already reduced the exp rate.

Kat

Post by Kat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:59 am

I think the only choices that wouldn't be actively changing the vanilla lore would be making hunter a global class like warriors. The others were added later as the lore expanded and changed (The council of three hammers bringing in Shamans, Mages, and Warlocks for Dwarves for example). And some not so explained by lore such as Gnomes and Taurens randomly becoming religious.

Mamozen

Post by Mamozen » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:16 am

The global hunter class would be a really good change. Again I would like to play as a human hunter at the very least on here. Or at least a gnome hunter since their class section of character creation isn't as stuffed with options.

Leluch

Post by Leluch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:24 pm

why make another addition? from classic server

Orntz

Post by Orntz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:10 am

I wanted this also but thought that it was too outlandish to be implemented. I'm all for changes like this personally. I don't even know how people can argue that it is against lore because Blizzard changes/deletes/retcons the lore every expansion.

Scott

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Undead Hunter is my favorite race/class combo. It would be awesome to play in vanilla

Hiccup

Post by Hiccup » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Did we get an answer on this? As I would love to be able to play a human hunter!

Laizek

Post by Laizek » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm

My opinion it's wrong and way too custom for Vanilla :) But maybe dev have different point of view.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:14 pm

We currently don't plan anything like this, sorry :)

Hiccup

Post by Hiccup » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Don't be sorry sugar! thank you for conformation! :)