Paladin glyph idea

Bryonus

Paladin glyph idea

Post by Bryonus » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:17 pm

I think a great glyph for a paladin would be something that keeps the animation of your active aura underneath the paladin permanently. Each aura has an animation that lasts for about a second but having it stay permanently would be more similar to diablo 2's paladin. I think this would be fairly easy to implement and I would definitely buy one.

Chnams

Re: Paladin glyph idea

Post by Chnams » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:54 pm

+1, would look cool

Novola

Post by Novola » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:40 pm

Never thought about it, now that i have, i dont see how we can live without it!

Make it happen!

Bryonus

Post by Bryonus » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:50 pm

Hopefully this gets seen, I think it would look awesome for paladins as well as providing a visual queue for others to make sure they're near an aura

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:44 pm

+1 yeah spirit regen aura on mage does this why not let pallies get this
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Jeannine - Leveling Undead Warlock
Cenaria - Leveling Resto Dryad

Unchallenged

Post by Unchallenged » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:37 pm

This is a cool idea, it shouldn't be to hard to implement because when swapping aura it becomes active.

I think you'd just have to program how to keep the "effect" not the sound persisting.

I do like the idea tho :-)
Streaming On YouTube Here

Bryonus

Post by Bryonus » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:14 pm

Just bumping this to hopefully gain some more traction as I'm thinking of hopping back on and leveling my paladin.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:05 am

Mages arcane aura is weirdly under every affected group member. It should be only on the mage in my opinion. Similiar could be done for paladins!!

Dogfight

Post by Dogfight » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:09 am

+1 Awesome idea. Kinda like the WC3 game iirc. Hope this happens

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:04 am

Honestly, this would be cool, and a great reminder for people with tunnel vision.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:11 am

I was a heavy D2 player, and shifted to Wow in 2004 when it first launched, it took me so long to get used to the paladins auras not showing below them and party members!

I've still got the original manual and there's a 'Healing Aura' in there. Maybe we could bring this back.

Bryonus

Post by Bryonus » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:18 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:11 am
I was a heavy D2 player, and shifted to Wow in 2004 when it first launched, it took me so long to get used to the paladins auras not showing below them and party members!

I've still got the original manual and there's a 'Healing Aura' in there. Maybe we could bring this back.
Same here! Diablo 2 was how I got into paladins and it was generally my go-to class archetype in many games. I feel as though the aura underneath just belongs, even if it doesnt show for other party members it at least provides a visual clue to be near the paladin for the buff.