Pets and lvling rate

Myth

Pets and lvling rate

Post by Myth » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 am

While in hardcore mode (i am inclined to say the rewards doesnt worth it) i need to say that pets gain xp in a very slow way. That creates problems as :
You can not change pets cause of the long training they need . The pet gains a lvl approximately when you are around 3/4 of your lvl. What happens though when you group with friends?
That is a disaster because pet really stays behind making you consider seriously that you should solo .That isolates you.
When you have 10 quests in a dungeon your pet does not gain important xp but you do when you complete the quests. That always creates a gap.
If by mistake you want to try a 9 lvl pet when you are 25 then you will need around to 3-4 your lvls to get your pet there.
I would kindly suggest that the mathematics in pets gaining lvl to be seriously alter specially for hardcore players .
Except the general difficulty that we have to deal with there is no need to struggle with the pet lvling also.
Best regards
Myth - Hunter

Sinrek

Re: Pets and lvling rate

Post by Sinrek » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Didn't play any hunter here but I had impression hunters didn't bother with pet levelling at all, seems like I was brazenly mistaken on that regard. Imo, XP rates shouldn't be changed at any rate for hunters at all. I mean it should be at least at a normal gain rate.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Same. Hunter leveling is by far the smoothest for 0.5 XP rates. Leveling to 30, my pet always stayed just a quarter step behind on level. Can't really imagine what your issue might be. What zones and dungeons did you do? Are you leveling with a friend?

As a side-note, hunters aren't supposed to change pets often, as you are suggesting in your thread.

Myth

Post by Myth » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Now i am 45 . Because of ZF i did , Pet is still 43.
I believe there is no cost for Game masters to change it asap. Today i have a guild run to ST.
I will be reluctant to send the pet which will diminuish my dps greatly . It will create more problems with lvl aggroing than help. If i decide to follow my friends to dungeons - quests i will surely have a pet left behind and forced to tame another one of my lvl. Shouldnt that be my choice?
To my fellow wow player Peeves i wish to state that i could not play with friends as much i could have. If i have decided to lvl with them changing pets each lvl or 2 would be the only way.
Anyway i wish the matter to be resolved soon because it is a big restraining factor .
Matter for another post also is hunter no working track hidden and intimidate that can be casted even if pet is nowhere near the npc. Both of those are so unimportant compared to the xp matter.
With respect to all who said their opinion.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:04 pm

I think that even if a hunter takes 0.5 rates, their pet should be on the unchanged, default system so a hunter could cope with the levelling speed of the pet. Hunters depend on their pets much more than warlocks.

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Myth. I too love playing the Hunter class. Your pet being two levels behind isn't quite the story you make it out to be though. Vanilla WoW wasn't planned for 0.5 XP rates, so any arguments you could hold against that are deemed pretentious. There are always going to be hardships when undertaking the Loremaster's challenge. Hunter or not, you are always going to feel a struggle with leveling. This is all part of the experience you personally chose to undertake.

I also do believe the pet XP rates are always the default Turtle WoW XP rates, meaning no XP rate change for pets ever occurs. With this in mind, I'd consider this thread closed.

See you in game!

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:25 am

My pet always lags 1 or 2 levels behind. I do not consider it a big deal personally.

I do wonder about my Pet training points though. If I buy 'stamina lvl 6' that costs me X points, but I could also buy 'stamina 7' for X+a bit points. If I have 6 already, it still costs X + a bit, so when I want the highest rank of a skill I nee to untrain everything and immediately go for that rank. Seems a bit counter-intuitive. Oh well, sorry for the hi-jack :D
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:36 am

Pigglebee! Greetings!

Pet skill training is outside the point, but let's continue the topic ITT for convenience. I feel like the system emulates the player skill training - for example the Warrior Rend ability costs more at Rank 2, than Rank 1. This is also the case for every class.

The pet skills are supposed to be trained when feel needed - before dungeons, when having trouble, if you have sufficent funds, inter alia. You should get only what feels needed too. This "feel" based system is indeed faulty at times, but soon becomes an integral part of your hunting skills. I feel like this original and cool Vanilla WoW system doesn't require any changes and if any are done, it would only make the game easier for the price of originality.

In short - if you are having trouble with your pet, you should just try harder. I'm serious. If feel like your pet level (ref. to the post above) or your pet skills are dragging you down - you are blaming it all on an AI system, not the human effect. Not everything in this game is faulty, guys! Some things just seem unfair, but they're made to balance out the game.

Hunter have it the easiest in both PvE and PvP, we all know that... They are balanced enough! dead_turtle_head
Last edited by Peeves on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myth

Post by Myth » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:02 pm

The thread is closed,< but let's continue the topic ITT for convenience>.
I want to mention something you said Peeves.
<I also do believe the pet XP rates are always the default Turtle WoW XP rates, meaning no XP rate change for pets ever occurs. With this in mind, I'd consider this thread closed.>

Could you pls link us the mathematics of the pet gaining xp? That would be the most correct answer instead of trying to answer a mathematic issue with a kind of ,could be inslulting, reference to human skills and human effects which has nothing to do with the topic. I didnt said anywhere that i have difficulty lvling or play so you should be more carefull . I will state again the real problem of it in case that you need to <try harder-i am very serious> to understand it.
In 46 lvl you kill a 50 lvl Naga and you get 165 xpoints. Your pet gets 162 xp. So this is not the normal rate , its hardcore 0.5 and if we want to speak strictly with maths it is even less than hardcore. So In short i didnt ask your opinion about how i play i asked you to redo the maths so the pet xp can allow for the hunter to be more eligible to group. In any case the proble here is that you stated something which is false without checking it first and <you are blaming it all in Human>effect instead of realize the inbalance of the matter. It has nothing to do with easy or not .
Please try to keep this civilized, answer to the point andhave in mind that i am not your guy or your kid. So lets respect each other

Peeves

Post by Peeves » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:17 pm

In my opinion, the pet rate being the default one or not makes no difference to the point of pet leveling feeling fine. Sorry for the mistake, but I never stated I'm using facts, just my experience.

I'm not trying to argue or school anyone, I'm just against your idea and advocate for no changes to be had, in spite of the current situation.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Myth, can you check how much XP needed for both hunter (type us the amount of XP needed on at least current level) and your pet (what's pet level and the amount of XP) to level up.

See how much XP do you gain per one kill of a mob of your level and how much does your pet get for it and let us know! Perhaps there is some inequality for these.