Endgame tank weapons inbalance favoring Alliance (Humans)

Yomanbg

Endgame tank weapons inbalance favoring Alliance (Humans)

Post by Yomanbg » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Makin the option for Thunderfury and Quel' serrar to be crafted into an axe OR sword will make them as viable a weapon for an Orc as it is for a human. Otherwise humans get more out of the two best endgame tank weapons. "Hardiness" is nowhere near as good as +5 weapon skill for PvE. This would help as the alliance already have more players and even so, it doesnt hinder them in any way, it only helps make orcs on par with humans.

Thank you for contineusly imrpoving a great game! :)

Isvya

Re: Endgame tank weapons inbalance favoring Alliance (Humans)

Post by Isvya » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:45 pm

Quel serrar dead_turtle_head
If anything its hungering cold which already has +6 on it
Otherwise yes, also high elves have swords skill.
We need more non sword tank weapons

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:48 pm

since when do highelfs have sword skill? did i miss that? that would be amazing.

i wish they just nerfed all meele weapon skills from +5 to +3.
ever noticed how in Wotlk you get only +3 weapon expertise. Yea blizz did exactl this, we should too.
having OP racials forcing ppl to play humans is not the essence of what makes vanilla, vanilla.

this is an issue and we can easily fix it!

Ilynlor

Post by Ilynlor » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:52 pm

Give me a pair of good fist weapons and i'll body-tank =P more variation in weapons that are equal would definately be a solid addition!

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:38 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:48 pm
since when do highelfs have sword skill? did i miss that? that would be amazing.
Maybe i am confusing it w something else

Talenne

Post by Talenne » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:06 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:48 pm

i wish they just nerfed all meele weapon skills from +5 to +3.
ever noticed how in Wotlk you get only +3 weapon expertise. Yea blizz did exactl this, we should too.
having OP racials forcing ppl to play humans is not the essence of what makes vanilla, vanilla.

this is an issue and we can easily fix it!
Orcs remained +5 in their axe skill with fist weapons added to it, it was just humans that got nerfed there for whatever bizarre reason. It also notoriously became the "axe expansion" as an axe was always designed as the bis weapon for melees and Combat Rogues pushing general PvE content much more in the Horde's favor.

Darkgestalt

Post by Darkgestalt » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:08 pm

The issue isn't weapons like Thunderfury or Quel'serrar, but the OPness of the small weaponskill bonus for some races.

There have been numerous discussions on removing the racials - or giving every race a favored weapon type - in favor of other mechanics, but I don't think the devs want to open that can of worms.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:20 am

Devs are very reluctant to do nerfs.but of you only ever do buffs you end up with Wotlk stemaroll too easy boring game

Yomanbg

Post by Yomanbg » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:55 pm

This is not a nerf, nor a buff. It's a balance. Make more weapons of different types and the same strengths, maybe different variety, but overall same strength.

Klouther

Post by Klouther » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:21 pm

+1 from me.

There are too many good swords and makes rolling a non-human melee class feel like you are gimping yourself. Also, smithing got 2 really good swords recipes (the blue runeblade that leads to an epic 2h prebis and Dream's Herald)... axe or mace recipes equivalents would be good for variety and more horde-friendly alternatives.

Talenne

Post by Talenne » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:05 pm

Something else I don't like is that dwarves don't have an axe skill racial and offer little in the way of good combat bonuses despite being a race that has a warrior culture.

But that's always kinda been Alliance hat for a while, lack of good combat racials and carried by that one human sword racial and sometimes moments where Stoneform gets to shine, but otherwise zzz when Blood Fury and Berserking became more obscenely overpowered and useful in later expansions.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:27 am

Darkgestalt wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:08 pm
The issue isn't weapons like Thunderfury or Quel'serrar, but the OPness of the small weaponskill bonus for some races.

There have been numerous discussions on removing the racials - or giving every race a favored weapon type - in favor of other mechanics, but I don't think the devs want to open that can of worms.
This.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:38 pm

Yomanbg wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:12 pm
Makin the option for Thunderfury and Quel' serrar to be crafted into an axe OR sword will make them as viable a weapon for an Orc as it is for a human.
more importantly, shamans can get it. The devs keep crapping up the loot tables with shaman tank gear yet shamans cant use the weapon that makes or breaks your ability to tank endgame.

big +1

i personally run THC Gressil right now, and when garr puts out i'll be doing TF THC or vice versa, so skill is indeed solved at endgame
but until then, it's scuffed. I relied on ACLG and MC fist belt to use whatever dagger or slow cleave fist I had, and this sacrifices the defensiveness slot to make my threat viable. If i was a human, this would be of no concern.

wep skill racials, without much much much much much more skill on gear that we need... its incredibly frustrating and even more when I see devs put damn polearm skill on 2 items but we still have no +5 swords 1 or even 2set pieces to make this viable.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.