Ret paladins must have reason to be deep retri.

Feomatar

Ret paladins must have reason to be deep retri.

Post by Feomatar » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:08 pm

And this reason is reworking Crusider strike.
1. Its must be a last retri talent.
2. Its must be a real nuke ability not a holy sunder armor, with weapon scale and cd (something like 30% of weapon damage as holy damage with 4s cd, and get already existing debuff what stacks for 3 times, numbers not final, just concept).
because ret pally is the only dps spec who doesnt have normal "i hit u in the face" ability, and its a very bad thing what must be revorced in first place.
3. vangence can be tier 5, repentance tier 6 and CS tier 7 last talent.

Ugoboom

Re: Ret paladins must have reason to be deep retri.

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:22 am

I agree, in that holy strike should be moved to become the 21 pointer of ret. Having both shock and holy strike in one build is too much PVP burst and is the main source of complaints, the fact that the holy healing tree also has the best burst of all specs.

For prot, the 31pointer should instead be an AOE tanking talent, and so single target pally tanks would be 0/30/21 instead. If you put holy strike as the ret 31pointer you ruin this.

Crusader strike being holy sunder armor is okay. Don't get attached to the name you recognize from TBC. It doesn't need to be that.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Unchallenged

Re: Ret paladins must have reason to be deep retri.

Post by Unchallenged » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:49 pm

I like the current (Vanilla Version) of Crusader Strike and it should remain the way it is.

I agree ret paladins should have a reason to be deep RET, and would provide a uniqueness that nothing else could bring, so Ret would be brought to fill a gap/buff etc.

I suggested changes to Paladin in general here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4174

But as far as 31 Pt Ret I had suggested:

Paladin creates a magical zone that increases the Attack and Spell Power of party members with 45 yards by X. Lasts 30 min.
Last 30 min.
* Provides a group buff that would benefit both ap/sp users as Paladin is a Hybrid class and would be a unique yet nerfed buff of say Trueshot Aura.

Lv 30 Rank1: 40 Attack and Spell Power
Lv 50 Rank2: 60 Attack and Spell Power
Lv 60 Rank4: 80 Attack and Spell Power

---
31 Pt Ret: Heroism
Increases melee, ranged, and spell-casting speed by 20% for a party member within 150 yards. Lasts 15 sec.

---

31 Pt Ret Thunderous Smite: The next time you judge with a seal of command during this spell’s duration, your weapon rings with thunder increasing critical strike chance by 10%. This effect last 30 seconds or until you have caused 3 critical strikes with judgment of command.

---

31 Pt Ret, Holy Weapon: You imbue a weapon you touch with holy power. The weapon emits bright light and your attacks are now holy-based and generate 30% less threat for 30 minutes.
Streaming On YouTube Here