Cancel half of hardcore notified

Bloodline1x9

Cancel half of hardcore notified

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:50 am

The server lags a lot now. This is a fact. Many players have a question, how to play pvp in such a situation? This server is well upgraded comparatively with "Light's Hope". It's super cool. But that old one could hold 15.000 online without lags and nonetheless here we already see certain problems. Admins should to focus on server performance first of all right now. This is the main thing.

You could notice that the lags (in addition to the situations themselves) often occur together with orange system messages about hardcore players. Someone achieved something, and someone died. In addition, the game modifies the layout by adding a grave as object for everyone without any restarts.
I am not asking you to remove the graves completely, but what should have been something special has ceased to be so.
"Received level 10" is this an achievement? Maybe a little, but not so much that the whole server must knows about it. No one pays attention to it anymore! For 10-20 lvl its absolutely correct.

In order to reduce lags, I suggest removing all messages about hardcore players below level 30 (half way) along with their graves. Along with this, level 40-50-60 yellow messages will become rarer and more visible to people, so hardcore players will start getting more glory for their achievements

As a consolation prize for this change, I propose giving hardcore players an additional reward at level 40. They have a blocked auction and mount-levels are starting, so the best gift will be some gold.

Nokidding

Re: Cancel half of hardcore notified

Post by Nokidding » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:25 pm

Seems pretty far-fetched to relate server lag to a simple text message/gravestone spawn. How do you draw this conclusion? I didn’t notice lag being related to any of those myself…

Hannigan

Post by Hannigan » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:27 pm

If you dont want to see the hc levels/deaths, there's a command for that (dont remember rn).

The lag is not produced by these messages. If lag occurs, these messages dont get sent to you either in that time but are rather displayed once the lag ends.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:21 pm

you do understand that not every computer that serves as a game server, is identical? you do know that's like a real thing how computers are various levels of strength due to price and age?

come on man, you can't just base your entire argument on the fact that megaservers hosted 15k without lag while turtle lags with 3k, then call it a software issue.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.