Third profession

Bloodline1x9

Third profession

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:14 pm

Mining is needed for engineering and blacksmith. So 3 professions are required for this combo.

Enchanting is perfect to dis all trash what you have. Letherworking and Blacksmith create a lot of trash that would be great to convert into shards. But disanchant can only afford tailors. Cause another require 3 profession

You will no longer have to choose between herb or alchem at high levels (cause as you know a lot of ppl
take engineering as a default) Dont choose bettween skinning and letherworking if you took for skinning for farm at start.

3 professions will allow you to play much more comfortable and also I believe that it will increase the popularity of the server a little, because people are always looking for some tasty bonuses turtle_tongue_head

Chnams

Re: Third profession

Post by Chnams » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:22 pm

I think it would be a controversial change, but I don't see why not. Maybe make it like dual spec, cost a hefty sum of gold, or a possibility after you already have two professions at 300. Make people earn that third profession slot.
I'm a bit worried however that everyone would just take a usual two-prof combo (herb/alch, mining/forge, skin/lw, tailor/ench) and slap engineering on top of that.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:12 pm

I think 1 profession only per character is better. More interaction needed with other ppl that way. More coop. And for those who want to be able to do it all by themselves - there is alt lvling on different accounts.
A change in either direction is however highly unlikely I think.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:05 pm

Yeah it's highly unlikely they'll allow third professions, but I would love to see it, even if it's bought at a hefty price like the dual spec. +1

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:29 am

-1 dead_turtle_head

Sorry, but those are not intended to be taken together. And as it's already been stated before, the idea behind professions' limitations is that you have to colaborate with people to get them working. I would like to see some balance in the profesions, as this "cause as you know a lot of ppl take engineering as a default" should be worked on. Engineering is one of those super useful profs that you want to have at lvl 60, while blacksmithing or alchemy don't report unique benefits to the professional. Everything a blacksmith or an anchemist creates can be used by everyone, unlike engineering.

TLDR: there should be more balance among profs, all while keeping their social/colaborative aspect.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:47 am

-1 this is an mmo, you are suppose to interact with others, and trade and not do everything yourself like in a, single player game
Msg