Make Razzle Longpipe neutral

Raukodor

Make Razzle Longpipe neutral

Post by Raukodor » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:11 pm

Hello fellow turtles

My suggestion is make Razzle Longpippe neutral so aliance players can buy his rarities too

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=91256

In fact in database he is neutral but ingame is only horde-friendly

He is a goblin. He only cares about gold not loyalties

A goblin seller dont care about red or blue. The only colour he cares is yellow. The yellow of a gold coin

What do you think?
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Karrados

Re: Make Razzle Longpipe neutral

Post by Karrados » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:55 am

Hard to sell the whole "Goblin sellers only care about red or blue" if the Horde has an entire race of Goblins in their faction.

So I am saying No, keep it as it is.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:34 pm

But only that specific vendor? He sells very interesting stuff

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:49 am

It seems that his being hostile to alliance players is a bug, because the database indeed says he should be neutral to both factions and he sells the following item:
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=81355
That is ONLY useful to paladins, and last time I checked, horde don't have any of those.
So perhaps open a bug report on the github?
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:03 pm

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:37 pm

I'm sorry, but Razzle is a Horde NPC in a Horde town. It's a bug in our knowledge DB to display him as neutral.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:46 pm

Torta wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:37 pm
I'm sorry, but Razzle is a Horde NPC in a Horde town. It's a bug in our knowledge DB to display him as neutral.
I see. Why does he sell BoP paladin gear then? Forsaken paladins foreshadowing? :D
No need to make him neutral, but maybe make his items BoE so they can be traded to allies that want them? Pretty please? :3
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:43 pm

Then could make his items boe? They are pretty unique and cool effects

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:48 pm

We will discuss it. Originally this NPC was supposed to be a rascal selling totally scammy and useless goods :) We did not expect such a high demand for Razzle's rarities!

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:47 pm

Razzle wants gold! A customer is a customer. No matter his race

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:28 am

Make sure to remove the Pants though once you do open him up to the Alliance.

The NPC would no longer fulfill his purpose if he was selling something that is not actually "useless" and could be used well into some Raids for a rather small amount of gold at that.

Otherwise it would seem quite unfair if Horde was stuck with a Merchant that sells useless junk to them while the Alliance would get an incredible piece of Gear for gold and nothing else.

Kindredsoul

Post by Kindredsoul » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:20 am

I like the idea of goblins neutral to the alliance/horde & horde goblins hostile to the alliance. Since goblins care about gold first and foremost having most (not all (?)) trading with alliance chars would make sense.
Warcraft 2-3 player from childhood! maintenance_turtle
UD & Trolls are my jam. Taz Dingo mon

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:23 pm

ligthning damage cape procs clearcasting for shamans, vengeance for pallies, and omen of clarity for druids

its actually stupid broken for druids

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:39 pm

Same as fiery plate gauntlets or storm gauntlets and other +damage items. Is.a.old mechanic

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:55 am

Karrados wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:55 am
Hard to sell the whole "Goblin sellers only care about red or blue" if the Horde has an entire race of Goblins in their faction.

Don't act like Goblins weren't neutral before Turtle WoW or Cataclysm. If anything, Goblins should be the race that should work like Pandaren - they start neutral and can choose to join either the Horde or the Alliance. If WoW had a more sophisticated faction system like SWG where you can be a part of a number of factions - Rebels, Empire, Neutral and more, it would've been even better for Goblins to remain neutral and benefit from both the Alliance and the Horde.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:20 am

Raukodor wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:39 pm
Same as fiery plate gauntlets or storm gauntlets and other +damage items. Is.a.old mechanic
druids cant equip those though, now the incendosaur added with hateforge is a different story but is much harder to obtain. Also the cape can be used by low level shamans even

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:56 pm

Just farm hateforge mobs endlessly like me lol

Desprit

Post by Desprit » Sat May 20, 2023 6:31 am

Yeah, it would be nice to have him neutral. Or have the same gear sold by some other merchant to alliance only.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat May 20, 2023 11:05 am

Alliance druids are super disadvantages simply by not being able to buy the +ligning strike cloak from this npcs. The best feral gearing is actually full +dmg items and the mauradon dagger to procc lots of spells. Nighelf can't get the cloak. It's super unfair in my opinion and significant issue in endgame since this meme build is doing upward of 450 dps with no raid gear required which is ALOT for a cat. I would never make a non horde druid on twow for thsi reason alone.

So yea, pls change this npcs. I know this is meta gaming but pls protects the players from min maxing. Change the game so it's not required to roll horde

Oh yea making the items boe too would work too Sicne we got crossfaction trading.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat May 20, 2023 7:45 pm

Just add another goblin in Ratchet for selling the same stuff. Big deal.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Elmirill

Post by Elmirill » Mon May 22, 2023 5:02 am

Agree. It seems not fair having this goods Horde only.
Make him neutral, or make another NPC with the same gear available for Alliance.
Or remove him and add another NPC with the same function, for example in Ratchet, where a neutral character would fit better in terms of lore and balance.

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:08 pm

+1 items are great for everyone leveling

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:33 pm

Have you considered just playing a horde toon if you want items from a horde vendor? Minor things like this don't have to be perfectly balanced. Roll horde for once and find out that the entire faction rep vendors have exactly a mediocre leather and mail helmet at 25 and cry about unfair vendor items again, compared to entire leather and mail item sets with kinda op stats for the rep 'grind' (to honored, not exactly a grind) time and gold investment.

Edit: the purpose of these items was them being kinda shit for horde, see above. The equivalent would be to add an alliance only vendor that sells mail pants with +30 nature spell damage, hooray for that.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Oronil Lenymo

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:39 am

Karrados wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:55 am

I continue to argue that Goblin should be a race option for both factions, precisely because Goblins are opportunists, and their cities are neutral.