Alliance flightmaster in Strangethorn vale

Pablito

Alliance flightmaster in Strangethorn vale

Post by Pablito » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:25 pm

add a flightmaster for the rebel camp in strangethorn vale, soo traveling to SV isn't too time consuming for the alliance players.

Ugoboom

Re: Alliance flightmaster in Strangethorn vale

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:35 am

+1 the tbc flight path here is an easy addition that makes sense and we don't lose anything of value compared to how it is in 1.12
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:44 am

This is probably the flight master I've missed the most from later versions.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:58 pm

It's not really needed. You can easily get to STV by flying to Booty Bay once you have the flight point or ride there from Duskwood which is not that far.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:08 pm

Karrados wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:58 pm
It's not really needed. You can easily get to STV by flying to Booty Bay once you have the flight point or ride there from Duskwood which is not that far.
nothing is really needed. thats not the argument. it'd just be nice, and help lead new players to that questing hub.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Thol

Post by Thol » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:56 pm

It's a 2min ride from Darskhire to the rebel camp. Exploration is part of vanilla design, if you get teleported everywhere you no longer experience the world. I know some players like that but turtle WoW is one of the last bastion of vanilla WoW. They already implemented infinite rested xp and +30% xp while leveling, I just hope they don't keep going towards the retail philosophy to attract more new players. scared_turtle_head

Lipidus

Post by Lipidus » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:50 pm

push ;)

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:33 pm

Thol wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:56 pm
It's a 2min ride from Darskhire to the rebel camp. Exploration is part of vanilla design, if you get teleported everywhere you no longer experience the world. I know some players like that but turtle WoW is one of the last bastion of vanilla WoW. They already implemented infinite rested xp and +30% xp while leveling, I just hope they don't keep going towards the retail philosophy to attract more new players. scared_turtle_head
Does everyone get +30% xp while leveling by default, or only players that fulfill certain criteria?

Lipidus

Post by Lipidus » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:22 pm

Kanto123 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:33 pm
Thol wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:56 pm
Does everyone get +30% xp while leveling by default, or only players that fulfill certain criteria?
u have to choice the WARMODE Glyph.
that means your always pvp flagged but get the 30%

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:43 am

Also Alliance need FP at Bael Modan, dwarf fortress in Barrens.
Last edited by Tasman on Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:00 am

Though I'm usually against convenience and stuff.. the Rebell camp flight path kinda seems neccessary for Alliance. STV is more walking than actual questing at times. :/
Though i'm questioning the need for the Bael Modan flight path.. except it's just for convenience to reach RFK and RFD a bit better. if this was the 'only' reason.. then I'd say no.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:29 pm

I enjoy traveling throught duskwood to the rebel camp.
Not that far and you can buff other players along the way.

"On the road again, i just cant wait to get on the road again
The life i love is buffing my friends, and i cant wait to get on the road again"

-Wrathweaver, quotes of superior human wisdom page 69.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:03 pm

Tasman wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:43 am
Also Alliance need FP at Bael Modan, dwarf fortress in Barrens.
And the new dwarf fortress in stonetalon

Wher0

Post by Wher0 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:59 am

What is different about the orc alliance?

Gee3

Post by Gee3 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:03 pm

+1 A flight point would certainly be much better at the rebel camp. It would give it that Vanilla+ feel.

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:43 pm

+1 It's a simple QoL improvement that would make STV much less of a grind to simply walk through. After all, a flight master was added to the new dwarf town in Stonetalon and this isn't breaking the game.

As for the person who says he likes to walk from Duskwood every time, you're still free to do that.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 am

I have been arguing for this for a while now. Really would be a great QoL improvement. This is not "teleporting everywhere" at all. It's a matter of saving a couple of minutes and allowing STV to stand on his own for the Alliance instead of being forced to run through emo-forest every time. This is at the absolute northernmost point of the zone, so nothing will be changed balance-wise. One of the good additions from TBC, I consider it an oversight by the developers that it wasn't already included in vanilla back then.

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:22 am

Explain me please that, how a rebel camp may connect to the human kingdom!

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:31 am

Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:22 am
Those are rebels against their Company (which has gone mad, inlcuding their Colonel Kurzen), not rebels against the Alliance or the Kingdom of Stormwind. So if they sent for help, it might be plausible to have a flight route to that camp.

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:35 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:31 am
Paw wrote:
Those are rebels against their Company (which has gone mad, inlcuding their Colonel Kurzen), not rebels against the Alliance or the Kingdom of Stormwind. So if they sent for help, it might be plausible to have a flight route to that camp.
Can you tell me about the purpose of Colonel Kurzen?

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:07 am

Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:35 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Paw wrote:
You need to train the gryphons to follow a certain flight path which takes time. My second question is then about the purpose of Colonel Kurzen in the Stranglethron Vale and his time of arrival if you may, please! I glaldy read through more if you can elabore.
You're right, that gryphons need to be trained, but if we go by that logic, none of our new areas would have any flightpath. ^^ Especially the connection from Everlook to Nordassil would be unbelievable.

Regarding Kurzen's Expedition: I had to do a bit of Research: So Kurzen was apperently a noble from Stormwind and his expedition into Stranglethorn was a mere expansion of military presence (which ran Stormwind into a huge debt.. so that might fall into the same time as the nobles were not able to pay the Stonemasons). I also have to correct myself: Only Kurzen has been mind controlled by Mai'Zoth, that ogre mage, but Kurzens medicine men distributed some kind of elixir to prevent insubordination. So technically most of those men are still loyal to Stormwind, but manipulated so they have to follow Kurzen's orders nonetheless. Those rebels came from Kurzens camp, noticed the change that was happening and rebelled against what was happening there. Wanted to end that madness that was coming from the mind controlled Colonel Kurzen.

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:31 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:07 am
Paw wrote:
Mavbyte wrote:

You need to train the gryphons to follow a certain flight path which takes time. My second question is then about the purpose of Colonel Kurzen in the Stranglethron Vale and his time of arrival if you may, please! I glaldy read through more if you can elabore.
You're right, that gryphons need to be trained, but if we go by that logic, none of our new areas would have any flightpath. ^^ Especially the connection from Everlook to Nordassil would be unbelievable.

Regarding Kurzen's Expedition: I had to do a bit of Research: So Kurzen was apperently a noble from Stormwind and his expedition into Stranglethorn was a mere expansion of military presence (which ran Stormwind into a huge debt.. so that might fall into the same time as the nobles were not able to pay the Stonemasons). I also have to correct myself: Only Kurzen has been mind controlled by Mai'Zoth, that ogre mage, but Kurzens medicine men distributed some kind of elixir to prevent insubordination. So technically most of those men are still loyal to Stormwind, but manipulated so they have to follow Kurzen's orders nonetheless. Those rebels came from Kurzens camp, noticed the change that was happening and rebelled against what was happening there. Wanted to end that madness that was coming from the mind controlled Colonel Kurzen.
Idk. When you rebel against your commander in an enemy territory who is under troll magic you kinda don't have the rescources to build a strong outpost. They have some supplies they managed to bring with themselves and thats it. Building a gryphon nest when you have just escaped with your sanity intact... I don't know... I mean... It sounds like an overkill

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:42 am

Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:31 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:07 am
Paw wrote:

Idk. When you rebel against your commander in an enemy territory who is under troll magic you kinda don't have the rescources to build a strong outpost. They have some supplies they managed to bring with themselves and thats it. Building a gryphon nest when you have just escaped with your sanity intact... I don't know... I mean... It sounds like an overkill
"Just" escaped might be a bit far fetched, as far as i know, the rebels are stuck there for quite a while, and since they've been cut off from Stormwind since the nobles just don't act they started trading with Booty Bay to get new supplies. (Btw. The nobles did not act regarding the plight of Westfall and Redridge either. So why maintain the gryphon route there? Why is there a route from Ironforge to Thorium Point, when Bronzebeard and Dark Iron Dwarfes don't get along very well? Why is there a route from the little Nightelf Outpost in Aszhara to Ratchet? Night Elves do not trust goblins, especially they love to exploid nature for its resources. At this point we can't use lore to justify every flight point anymore.)

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:46 am

But we should stick to the lore regardless. I mean... No? :) I am gonna sit more on the dilemma a bit later.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:47 am

But then we would have to remove all flightpoints that do not make sense also. ;)
Either all or nothing. ;D

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:10 am

The notes about lore not properly explaining most flightpaths are good. At the end of the day, flightpaths exist to facilitate travel for gameplay instead of having to walk everywhere. And there are plenty of places players have to walk to regardless. An alliance FP in northern Stranglethorn would facilitate gameplay. Compare it to the horde there, who have easy access to their main 2 quest hubs in STV, which are Booty Bay and Gromgol. Alliance have their Booty Bay quest hub but no *great* way to get to their northern quest hub; the walk from Duskwood not being a great way from any gameplay perspective.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:45 am

Rebel Camp is like 5 folks … they can't and shouldn't be able afford a gryphon aviary point with a flight master and so many supplies at a small, tucked away rocky spot.

Blizzard proved such additions shrunk the not that big of a world to your sandbox …

IMO it's a bad idea. Was bad back then. Bad nowadays even still.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:47 am

Sinrek wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:45 am
Rebel Camp is like 5 folks … they can't and shouldn't be able afford a gryphon aviary point with a flight master and so many supplies at a small, tucked away rocky spot.

Blizzard proved such additions shrunk the not that big of a world to your sandbox …

Then both flightpoints in Aszhara, for Horde and Alliance, shouldn't exist either. those camps are even smaller. ;)

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:51 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:47 am
Sinrek wrote:

Then both flightpoints in Aszhara, for Horde and Alliance, shouldn't exist either. those camps are even smaller. ;)
Those aren't rebels and supported by their factions.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:53 am

Sinrek wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:51 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:47 am
Sinrek wrote:

Those aren't rebels and supported by their factions.
Those rebels are still Stormwind Military. We can continue this conversation forever. :D

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:08 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:00 am
Though I'm usually against convenience and stuff.. the Rebell camp flight path kinda seems neccessary for Alliance. STV is more walking than actual questing at times. :/
Though i'm questioning the need for the Bael Modan flight path.. except it's just for convenience to reach RFK and RFD a bit better. if this was the 'only' reason.. then I'd say no.
I like hiking. That's my first point. One and a quarter point is that it is the same in Azshara. One of my favourite areas. It's beautiful. Then there is that normally you level a character once.

Bael Modan would require a story to put there a flight point. Right now the newly enlisted horde soldiers keep blowing up the one and only gnomish flying machine on that pedestal of a wooden stair construction on cooldown timer.

The Thorium brotherhood were part at one point but presently is at conflict with the Dark Iron and parted from their society.

Night elves might not enjoy the goblin's company but they accept all beings.

Cutting ties entirelly with Lakeshire and Sentinel Hill, that provide border defense and under constant attacks, especially Redridge... don't know. I personally wouldn't.
Last edited by Paw on Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:21 pm

Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:08 pm
Cutting ties entirelly with Lakeshire and Sentinel Hill, that provide border defense and under constant attacks continueously... don't know. I personally wouldn't.
Yet still they're abandoned by Stormwind Military. Darkshire as well. That's why the People's Militia and the Night Watch were founded.

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:22 am

I am all for the Rebel Camp getting a Flight Path. The Rebel Camp about the same size as the Un'goro Crater Refuge and they got a Flight Path.
For those whom think we should stick to Alliance walking only: If TWoW was meant be that way the Auberdine boat would still go to Menethil and AHing would only be possible in ORG and IF. This is a reassuring convenience for Alliance toons that may need to leave and return for their reasons.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:55 am

Lasershadow wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:22 am
I am all for the Rebel Camp getting a Flight Path. The Rebel Camp about the same size as the Un'goro Crater Refuge and they got a Flight Path.
For those whom think we should stick to Alliance walking only: If TWoW was meant be that way the Auberdine boat would still go to Menethil and AHing would only be possible in ORG and IF. This is a reassuring convenience for Alliance toons that may need to leave and return for their reasons.
The problem is that you suggest something and wish to put zero work into it whereas you expect that others will.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:47 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:21 pm
Paw wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:08 pm
Cutting ties entirelly with Lakeshire and Sentinel Hill, that provide border defense and under constant attacks continueously... don't know. I personally wouldn't.
Yet still they're abandoned by Stormwind Military. Darkshire as well. That's why the People's Militia and the Night Watch were founded.
It is Ony that's moving the strings behind the Stormwind royalty. I am not sure of her intentions. Certainly as one of the chaos dragons she wants to disrupt the peace of the country and open a war. However she must be mindful of her actions, not to draw too much attention because then she might be found out. I would say that she gained the political status of advisor in the throne room by winning over the royalty and removing the king, Varian from Stormwind. The military is probably not under her sway but it is rather that the royalty that is pulling the strings behind their actions. I doubt she has control over the citizenship either apart from her obviously higher position in the hierarchy. If that is the case then I have one further information to clear before I reached to conclusion. Is the gryphon aviary under military command or is it controlled by the citizenry? In case the gryphons are under the citizen's control then I think it is safe to say that they may remain available as an instrument for transportation. In case however it is under military command then the question would become yet again more complicated.