Permanent Hardcore mode at lvl 60

Juicyx

Permanent Hardcore mode at lvl 60

Post by Juicyx » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:31 pm

Why isn't there a permanent hardcore character option?

Some of us think it's really lame the journey essentially ends at lvl 60. At first I thought it made some sense but after leveling and experiencing what the hardcore restrictions actually entail, it became quite a different game from what i'm used to with WoW. You have to socialize and get to know players to a greater degree. You don't go to a dungeon with just anybody, you need to make connections if you want enchants or whatever, professions are much more important, no infinite bank space, etc, etc.
You know what i'm talking about if you legit leveled as hardcore. It introduces a lot of nuances that you simply sidestep in normal WoW, and these nuances could be explored even further if there existed a common ground created by devs.

Let players end the mode if they want and have their Immortal title, i don't care. Just give us the Mortal title, a permanent hardcore mode that is not a scuffed lvl 59 experience.
Last edited by Juicyx on Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hannigan

Re: Permanent Hardcore mode at lvl 60

Post by Hannigan » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Agree. Currently leveling a hc slow and steady (52). Staying 59 is even less of an option here because I wouldnt only miss the title but also the lvl 60 SnS rewards.

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:26 pm

Give us last talent point!

Tristfrukt

Post by Tristfrukt » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:18 pm

Gogo! ☺️ Such a good idea!

Zirtox

Post by Zirtox » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:02 am

agreed got 3 chars now at 59 almost 4 would love to see 60 hc becoming a thing so we could finally prepare for some raiding. its useless now to raid. much more content becomes available which would be lovely.
Trckster - Tinkerspell - Truckster - Trackster - Trickster - Trcknaked

Nudibranch

Post by Nudibranch » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:11 am

I wouldn't make it permanent at 60, but instead, if you want to become immortal, you talk to the Mysterious stranger once again, who gives you immortality. That way you can be mortal for as long as you like, but once you do become immortal, there's no going back.

Juicyx

Post by Juicyx » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:43 pm

Nudibranch wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:11 am
I wouldn't make it permanent at 60, but instead, if you want to become immortal, you talk to the Mysterious stranger once again, who gives you immortality. That way you can be mortal for as long as you like, but once you do become immortal, there's no going back.
I could've worded it better, but yes something like that is exactly what I mean.

Apimius

Post by Apimius » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:47 pm

+1

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:48 pm

This discussion is exactly the same as in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1673&start=20

for whatever reason - which I asked about - the discussion has dies for over 2 weeks now.
And my question fully applies to this thread too. Why is nobody talking about the success Road 2 Ragnaros had?!

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:15 pm

I would never raid at HC 60, maybe not even reach 60 on HC, but I'd love to see the world chat explode when a raid of 40 HC's wipe. So +1 from me :}

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:05 am

Yes, the anticipation for a full 40 ppl HC raid wipe was definitely one of the reasons for the hype around Road 2 Ragnaros. And ppl willing to participate in such a raid are fully aware.

Juicyx

Post by Juicyx » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:54 am

Shamma wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:48 pm
This discussion is exactly the same as in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1673&start=20

for whatever reason - which I asked about - the discussion has dies for over 2 weeks now.
And my question fully applies to this thread too. Why is nobody talking about the success Road 2 Ragnaros had?!
Yes it's evident there is a crowd for this style of play if a platform exists. As of now it's not very attractive to stay 59 for a multitude of reasons, and as we know with MMO's, playerbase is half the incentive.

Picking up on some of the discussion in the other thread about resurrection through expensive mats. I'm a bit conflicted here, seems like it would spoil the prestige no matter how expensive you made it. Perhaps something very limited that would only be obtainable through considerable risk as in downing Rag, etc. But we're really getting ahead of ourselves, the simple mechanic of death means death would suffice in my view.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:51 pm

Shamma wrote:
because of the success road 2 nef or hakkar didn't have.

also remember this server's damage values onto the party are all overtuned. MC will clap and not forgive. and yeah the 59s HC community hasnt even tackled UBRS yet in over 1 year of the HC challenge being out, and ubrs is fixing to wipe out the entire team. you guys are getting ahead of yourself.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Jeannine - Leveling Undead Warlock
Cenaria - Leveling Resto Dryad

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:31 pm

Is MC overtuned here? MC was WAY harder on SoM than it was in classic era. 2x hit points on all bosses + new mechanics. On top of that no world buffs. I raided back on Lightshope - the MC on Lightshope was about the same as the MC on normal classic. Is MC here twice as hard as it was on Lightshope?

Road 2 Nef failed due to 3 reasons:
1. Onyxia's cloak is mandatory and Onyxia was a VERY VERY difficult raid on SoM.
2. The new mechanics in BWL were akin to modern wow.
3. Ppl got burnt out. On the EU side the banking characters stopped playing. Raiders lost their banks. Guild banks solve this.

As for Kara. You guys are playing here, not TBC. Fuck TBC. Ofc Road 2 Kara failed. TBC sucks.

UBRS took more lives on R2R than MC did. So? Ofc ppl are afraid to go to UBRS as lvl 59. The place is dangerous.

HC Raids go in the raids prepared. Everything is maxed out. All consumes are there, all pre bis, all are flasked. Do not compare HC raids to normal raids. HC raids blow normal raids out of the water when it comes to performance. Kill times for the HC raids on SoM were much quicker than most. I believe at the time it was achieved it was top 3 kill time worldwide. Nobody is on those raids to get carried to free epics.

Juicyx

Post by Juicyx » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:14 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:51 pm
Shamma wrote:
because of the success road 2 nef or hakkar didn't have.

also remember this server's damage values onto the party are all overtuned. MC will clap and not forgive. and yeah the 59s HC community hasnt even tackled UBRS yet in over 1 year of the HC challenge being out, and ubrs is fixing to wipe out the entire team. you guys are getting ahead of yourself.
Armor & damages values might be higher but that doesn't mean it's harder in the end. Mob behavior is generally more predictable on private servers. As Shemma said, SoM changes were much more substantial than any differing we have here and from the first classic. And UBRS, yea we have no f*king people cause who wants to stay lvl 59? There's no glory in it, just fighting Rend who's 4 levels higher than us is a tall order.

I think TWoW is well suited to adopt hardcore since it has that persistent niche, and will probably live on much longer.