Remove Hardcore Gravestones Please

Allknighty

Re: Remove Hardcore Gravestones Please

Post by Allknighty » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:37 am

I've read some interesting suggestions.

The idea from F41lz0rs is a great one. An actual graveyard with some tombs is a great idea.

As a HC player myself, I find it hard to get immersed when you encounter that many gravestones...

I don't think those from under lvl 20 deaths should last more than a day (and I say this as a player who has already died 3 times under that lvl). From lvl 21 to 35, they could last for a week, from 36 to 49 2 weeks and from 50 to 59 they would be the tombs at the permanent graveyard.

For the world messages, those who die under level 20 should be hideable because they occur very often. I think under level 10 they shoudln't even be displayed (death under that level aren't even displayed on the HC census page of Turtle WoW).
Nadys, hardcore High Elf Paladin (currently around lvl 36)

Died at lvl 27 (Paluns' ooze), lvl 19 (Westfall coast's murlocs), lvl 18 (afking), lvl 21 (Redrige Mountains' gnolls), lvl 15 (Vagash), lvl 24 (Loch Modan's Horde patrol)

Eazyp

Post by Eazyp » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:36 pm

Nivny wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:20 am
.hc messages <level> might be it
That gives an error for me, saying I'm not a hardcore character :(
dead_turtle_head

Taela

Post by Taela » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:56 am

I like the idea but i agree they are annoying. The best idea i believe would be to lower the timer. preferably, if someone die at early levels make them go away rather quickly. If they got to a high level as hardcore i think the graves are cool but i really dont see the point with someone taking that visual space when they die before even getting to level 10.

Velmerk

Post by Velmerk » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:34 am

How about the gravestones act almost like a totem. Giving buffs to players
Only something small like +1 to attack.
Here lyes a fallen mortal brother. Seeing there gravestones grants +10 HP.
Could be quite cool in caves where many fall.
Velamir. Leveling warrior.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Velmerk wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:34 am
How about the gravestones act almost like a totem. Giving buffs to players
Only something small like +1 to attack.
Here lyes a fallen mortal brother. Seeing there gravestones grants +10 HP.
Could be quite cool in caves where many fall.
Totem but with debuffs is more interesting. U see the graves of the fallen and you get demoralized. You lose your spirit, you lose your strength and start trembling with fear.

Ashkir

Post by Ashkir » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:59 am

I think the 1-10s could be disabled at least for the gravemarker :/ or despawn faster they're everywhere and there was a series that blocked entrance to a cave I needed to go itno so I had to jump over one of them

Sometimes they add movement blocks