Initial thoughts on the "diplomat" thing.

Pumpkinbot

Initial thoughts on the "diplomat" thing.

Post by Pumpkinbot » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:18 pm

It's nothing huge, really. I think it's a great idea for a smaller server like this. Maybe later on, once we get bigger, we can say that the faction war started up a little more hardcore, and showing friendliness to a member of the opposite faction is considered treason, giving us an IC reason as to why -not- to do that.

But, from an RP perspective, I feel it's too easy to get these "important diplomatic papers". I've only done these Horde-side, but I'd assume it's very similar. I just talked to a guy in an inn, and he was all "Yep, you sure know that diplomacy's important. Here ya go." It just doesn't sit well with me, I think.

I could see this being improved in one of two ways. The harder way would be adding a small quest chain, maybe something doable at 30 or so, that requires a bit more effort than just talking to a dude. Maybe you have to speak to an NPC just outside Orgrimmar as an Ally, or outside Stormwind as a Hordie. Something like that. Gives a little more weight to it.

The second route would be turning these papers into something like [Orcish for Dummies] for the Alliance, or [Karg's Common Primer] for the Horde. A translation book that our characters refer to, giving them a way to communicate to other members of the faction. But, they can't translate a natural Common speaker so easily, so they can't understand them back, unless they've got a book on Orcish.

If the second route is taken, they could be just grabbed from somewhere, like, Booty Bay, though it should be kept in mind that it's easier for the Horde to get there, than the Alliance. Horde can just go to Ratchet at level 10 and take the boat, while the Alliance has to trek through Stranglethorn Jungle.

In the end, this is all very, -very- minor fluff stuff. But still, I think it would be a nice way to improve it. c:

Sinrek

Re: Initial thoughts on the "diplomat" thing.

Post by Sinrek » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:36 pm

We need this fluff. VERY!
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Also, shouldn't those Diplomats be at either Embassy or something like City hall or at least at the Keep?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:15 am

Sinrek wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 pm
Also, shouldn't those Diplomats be at either Embassy or something like City hall or at least at the Keep?
They are not doing any diplomat work at this moment, just recruiting new adventurers.
Four years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated.
However a few in number have maintained their past relationships ever since. Jaina Proudmoore of Theramore and Thrall, Warchief of the Horde see the looming dangers threatening their people's existence to this very day. Thus have they appointed diplomats of both faction to rally those who are still willing to fight under the same banner in the coming battles ahead. Two of very good capabilities have been tasked with executing the navigation of the new alliance. Namely Tarun Swifteagle, a veteran warrior and general of the human army stationing in the Stormwind Keep and Karn Deepeye in the Valley of Wisdom who now serves as a scholar for the Horde leaving his warlock past behind.

Seek them out if you heed their call!