More exp

Lordlasse

More exp

Post by Lordlasse » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:33 pm

Love this server so much, best server i have everplayed on. I just wish we could increase the xp gain even more! +2 times maybe. Dont want to lose my characters when the server is going to have attack and other stuff happening. Iam not even close to some ppl on this server have in /played. this is just what i think. turtle_tongue_head

Gantulga

Re: More exp

Post by Gantulga » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:59 pm

The server is already x2 thanks to tents.

Razzz

Post by Razzz » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:10 pm

People keep misunderstanding the whole reason why it's called Turtle in the first place....
NOPE. dead_turtle_head

Lordlasse

Post by Lordlasse » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:13 pm

turtle_in_love Like i said, its just what i think, why cant it be both, ppl that would love to play as vanilla can do that if they want, would be awesome if we could have both

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Lordlasse wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:13 pm
turtle_in_love Like i said, its just what i think, why cant it be both, ppl that would love to play as vanilla can do that if they want, would be awesome if we could have both
Because servers or video games that try to please everybody are always bad.

If you see yourself in a competition with other people about their /playtime, wich is hilariously stupid in my opinion,
then this is the wrong server for you. I would suggest RetroWoW, instant 60, no leveling at all.

If anything, tents should be reworked, so that they become actuall RP-elements, and not just a XP-boost.
Razzz wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:10 pm
People keep misunderstanding the whole reason why it's called Turtle in the first place....
Imho the server lost its RP identity anyways. When was the last serious RP that you have seen?
Last time ive seen RP was the caravan in crossroads, 8 months ago, before we became a mass-PVP-server,
wich is what we are now.

Fin

Post by Fin » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm

RP events are announced very often. Just today 3 new RP events were announced on discord.

Experience won't be increased. You don't need to be pressured to catch up with people. You can do things at your own pace. Enjoy the journey cause eventually you will reach the destination anyway.
There are lots of features and quests added in the world for you to explore and find.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:26 pm

You love this server so much. Best server you ever played on. Your words. Enough said by yourself.

OP somehow makes me think of this classic:

Razzz

Post by Razzz » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:49 pm

My comment as actually about enjoying the leveling journey and how the server got it's name from when it had 0.5exp rate and also the slow and steady feature....
NOPE. dead_turtle_head

Vasyan

Post by Vasyan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:55 pm

get out normies

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:44 am

Razzz wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:10 pm
QFT

Nothing much to add here. Bask in the light of the Truth.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Lezano

Post by Lezano » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:59 pm

The name of the server is turtle wow for a reason (and that is why i dont like the warmode bonus)

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:27 am

Lordlasse wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:13 pm
It can't be both, because it's not a fun server. It's a server with some rules that apply for everyone. There are already tents where you can sit and get rested. A lot of people discovered this server just now and don't even know that around 2018, it used to have a x0.5 XP rates and there were no tents either.

Just get used to how things are and it's already made super easy. If you want to play on a fun server with "fun XP rates" or an instant max level server, those exist, Turtle WoW is neither.

Nevillelong54

Post by Nevillelong54 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:21 am

Yeah, x2 or x3 rate would be nice.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:08 pm

Nevillelong54 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:21 am
Yeah, x2 or x3 rate would be nice.
It's already x2.

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:31 pm

You already can get permanent rested EXP from tents. And +30% EXP with war mode. This makes leveling easily 2x faster than it normally would be.

Shoo.
Shamma wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:26 pm
(video)
I never understood the "MUH NOCHANGES" crowd. I mean sure I can understand not trusting Blizzard to make good changes for Classic (and that lack of trust has proven to be correct) but to claim that someone is wrong and bad and dumb and stupid for wanting to improve the game is just ridiculous. No game is perfect, especially not one like vanilla that was released heavily unfinished and went through a bajillion changes throughout its original run.

I'd love AoE looting in vanilla simply because having to click 30+ corpses individually is a pain, especially when they're stacked around each other, making them really hard to click in the clunky 1.12 client. I don't give a shit about being "hardcore", if I wanted to do that I would go play Everquest, not WoW. WoW is fucking disneyland compared to EQ lmao

The game should be "hardcore" in fun and interesting ways, not in frustrating and time-wasting ways.

Nevillelong54

Post by Nevillelong54 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:41 am

Getplucked wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:31 pm
You already can get permanent rested EXP from tents. And +30% EXP with war mode. This makes leveling easily 2x faster than it normally would be.

Shoo.
Shamma wrote:
(video)
I never understood the "MUH NOCHANGES" crowd. I mean sure I can understand not trusting Blizzard to make good changes for Classic (and that lack of trust has proven to be correct) but to claim that someone is wrong and bad and dumb and stupid for wanting to improve the game is just ridiculous. No game is perfect, especially not one like vanilla that was released heavily unfinished and went through a bajillion changes throughout its original run.

I'd love AoE looting in vanilla simply because having to click 30+ corpses individually is a pain, especially when they're stacked around each other, making them really hard to click in the clunky 1.12 client. I don't give a shit about being "hardcore", if I wanted to do that I would go play Everquest, not WoW. WoW is fucking disneyland compared to EQ lmao

The game should be "hardcore" in fun and interesting ways, not in frustrating and time-wasting ways.
This bonus from tents disappears after the first mob is killed, so its benefit is questionable. And the hardcore people are annoying. They kill all the mobs in the area, forcing you to wait for an hour until these damn mobs respawn. One hell of a fun adventure. Higher XP rates could improve the situation and make the game less boring.

Szalord

Post by Szalord » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:47 am

Nevillelong54 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:41 am
This bonus from tents disappears after the first mob is killed, so its benefit is questionable.
This is completely false, unless you stand under the tent for not more than 3 seconds or so. You get a level and a half worth of rested XP if you stand under the tent for 15 minutes.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:55 pm

Nevillelong54 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:41 am
Getplucked wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:31 pm

Shoo.
Shamma wrote:
(video)

This bonus from tents disappears after the first mob is killed, so its benefit is questionable.
You did remember to stand under it for more than two seconds, right?
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:58 am

I think you all miss the " turtle_tongue_head " in the original comment. Obviously a joke. 😄

Za5adlo

Post by Za5adlo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:13 pm

I guess i would ask change x1 rates to x0,5 really thx to tents lol