Make fishing attractive!

Manxy7

Make fishing attractive!

Post by Manxy7 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:41 pm

- New school of fishes / floating trunks
- Viable Loot with a low chance to fish in certain areas (For example: Bloodsail gear, Ancient troll gear, Ancient Night elf gear, Venture Co gear, old alliance and horde navy gear and more!)
- New Alchemy and Cooking recepts!
- Fishable Pets and Mounts with a low chance that need to exchange with the same amount of gold for a 60/100% Mount to an "Azeroth Exotics" NPC
- Fisherman Set 2) 4) 6) (Obtainable by fishing, exchange fishs and a questline!)
Voodoo be with ya mon!

Geojak

Re: Make fishing attractive!

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:20 pm

+1

Fishing and cooking could use some love

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:53 pm

Manxy7 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:41 pm
- New school of fishes / floating trunks
You could come up with certain ideas here instead of just "GEIF NAO" sentiment. For example: add up a School of Mackerel with an 80% chance for Raw Mackerel, 5% random junk of level 1-5 grey loot shared by any level 1-5 aquatic-based enemies, 5% for low-level trunks with Light Leather and Tailoring … and so on and so forth.
Manxy7 wrote:
- Viable Loot with a low chance to fish in certain areas (For example: Bloodsail gear, Ancient troll gear, Ancient Night elf gear, Venture Co gear, old alliance and horde navy gear and more!)

That's what I'm talking about! Be more specific!
Manxy7 wrote:
- New Alchemy and Cooking recipes!
Details, Billy, we need details!
Manxy7 wrote:
- Fishable Pets and Mounts with a low chance that need to exchange with the same amount of gold for a 60/100% Mount to an "Azeroth Exotics" NPC
- Fisherman Set 2) 4) 6) (Obtainable by fishing, exchange fishes and a questline!)
Do you mean a weekly event similar to Fishing Extravaganza?

I'd love to see more random catches we could have with fishing based on the zone you're fishing in. Fish at Hillsbrad and get some ye olde books and whatnot from the First or Second War times. Fish at the Lordamere Lake and randomly catch some old boots or a rusty sword (not a weapon type but like a vendor trash) perhaps even some novelty items; banners, tattered tabards, broken shields and similar …
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:45 pm

There are fishes thaz cns be fishes thaz have zero use.we need recipes for these. Like Ligning else, or "raw" fishes thaz have no cooking recipe. I thought its a bug at first and made issue which got proply closed, reason no time for fishing.

There is this argent dawns craftsman wit fishing quest which ask you to get 3 special fish which have no other use.

Since noone does these crsftmans wits, this should be the first thing to make relevant!

Witch101

Post by Witch101 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:53 am

I think this is a great idea. Particularly having a low chance to fish up old armor pieces, weapons etc.
They can be more than just vendor trash. TurtleWoW has a great transmog system. Expand upon it. Let there be afew full sets of old armor or old weapons from previous times that dedicated people can spend the time to fish for the whole set for transmog purposes. Aslong as the sets look good. people will do it. People love having unique looks to their gear. Makes u stand out from the crowd.

Taela

Post by Taela » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:51 am

Hear me out, i didnt start playing wow until legion, i just think classic is more fun. Especially this version of it. That being said, legion had a great quest to get a legendary fishing rod that had some cool quirks for fishing. Not saying you should do that, but fishing events and quests to get new cool fishing rods would be really cool.

Thol

Post by Thol » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:50 am

Fishing is already very lucrative for alchemy mats though. Novelty items like Sinrek suggested would be nice. And maybe the sea turtle mount could be added as a very rare drop?

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:30 am

Yes, fishing can be improved upon, but also fix it. There are sagefish schools in the sea. These are sweet water fish.

Lezano

Post by Lezano » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:07 pm

+1

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:46 pm

Ordinary standard fishing is pretty boring except fishing in wreckles.
Need additional interesting potions with fish ingredients
and new types of fish to add to all locations (at least cities)

This must be a little like a kinder surprise. Not like "again another comon snapper..."

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:17 am

Some rare fish from lava at high level areas, "plagued fish" from plaguelands, and other stuff like this serving as crafting materials for new items thats being added.
You could also fish some scales like "lava worm scales"
Other than that do you guys remember that one boss in SSC that needs to be fished? And in ZG?
Could use some outdoor encounters like that in specific areas, could also be a weave of enemies with a small miniboss at the end - " you have disturbed and awakened an ancient force" - with 1% chance and needing some very high level fishing.
And random quest starter items for all levels rewarding equipment and xp
Other than that new fishing rods as mentioned above, make it require the enchanting rods from BS and a quest to make the line.
Could also make them staves crafted by fishing and having stats while also serving as fishing rods
I think thats enough for a whole fishing revamp patch.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:25 am

How about among bloddkelp fish able to alkaz inland in dust wallow, plus a custom recipe for the blood kelp potions from the t0. 5 questc