Hunter Racials

Notawen

Hunter Racials

Post by Notawen » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:08 pm

Changes to make them balanced are here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3847

Ork:

Emotional Bond: [Passive] "If your pet falls in battle you become Enraged. This increases your movement speed by 40%, melee and ranged attack power by 20% and reduces the Cooldown of your Mongoose Bite to zero. This effect lasts 30 seconds."

Tauren:

Spirit Shot: [300 Yard Range] [9 Minute Cooldown] [30% Mana Cost] [3 Second Cast Time] "Shots a spiritual projectile at your target, causing 300% weapon damage. It ignores armor and it can't be blocked, dodged or prevented by any other means. If the target has less spirit than you it will always be a critical hit."

Troll:

Headhunting: [Passive] "Increases your critical strike chance against humanoids by 3%. After Inflicting a critical strike to a humanoid you become Bloodcrazed, increasing your melee and ranged attack speed by 30% for 10 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times."

Undead:

Putrid Shot: [10% Mana and 3% Health] [30 Seconds Cooldown] "You dip your next projectile in your own rotting flesh, giving your target Neuro Necrosis for 5 minutes. Only affects humanoids and beasts. Requires a bow or a crossbow. Neuro Necrosis [Disease]: The afflicted target has a 10% chance for their spells to be interrupted on their own while casting. The afflicted target has a 1% chance to be stunned for 5 seconds at each second."

Goblin:

Trap Carrier GO75 [3 Minute Cooldown] [30 Yard Range] "After enabling this masterwork of goblin engineering you only need to choose one of your traps and then shoot it. Fear not! It doesn't even trigger the cooldown of the trap itself. It is guaranteed to work... 75 percent of the time." (it has 25% chance to trigger your choosen trap on you)

Night Elf:

Ambush Hunter: [Passive] "Decreases the cooldown of your Shadowmeld by 5 seconds. While Shadowmeld is active your first attack deals 300% damage."

Dwarf:

Aspect of the Bear: "Increases your armor, stamina and strenght by 30% and your threat generation by 200%. You can wield shields while this effect is active."

Gnome:

Knee Shot: [6 Minute Cooldown] "Blasts one of your opponents kneecaps, reducing their movement speed by 75% if they are humanoid, or 40% if they are a beast, an undead or a demon for 10 seconds. Requires a gun."

High Elf:

Charming Shot: [9 Minute Cooldown] "You imbue your next shot with magic, bewitching your target to fight on your side for 2 minutes. After this effect ends your victim will be very angry with you. Only works on beasts and humanoids." (duration is 30 seconds if it's a player)

Rogue Racials: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3836
Paladin Racials: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3817
Mage Racials: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3812
Warlock Racials and a new spell: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3785
Warrior Racials: viewtopic.php?t=2352
Druid Racials: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3797
Last edited by Notawen on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phoenixphire

Re: Hunter Racials

Post by Phoenixphire » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:43 am

I really like the idea of racials for each class, super cool.

Zaccar20

Post by Zaccar20 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:15 am

No, most of them are very overpowered.

Novola

Post by Novola » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:34 am

All of them sound super nice and immersive, but for sure would need to tone them down a bit.
I mean:
"Headhunting: [Passive] "Increases your critical strike chance against humanoids by 3%. After Inflicting a critical strike to a humanoid you become Bloodcrazed, increasing your melee and ranged attack speed by 30% for 10 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times."
3 times 30% attack speed? I would be ok with 3x 1% speed increase let alone 90%!

Nice suggestions though, if properly implemented, (and toned down) they could be nice flavor addition to races.

Notawen

Post by Notawen » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:42 am

Novola wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:34 am
All of them sound super nice and immersive, but for sure would need to tone them down a bit.
I mean:
"Headhunting: [Passive] "Increases your critical strike chance against humanoids by 3%. After Inflicting a critical strike to a humanoid you become Bloodcrazed, increasing your melee and ranged attack speed by 30% for 10 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times."
3 times 30% attack speed? I would be ok with 3x 1% speed increase let alone 90%!

Nice suggestions though, if properly implemented, (and toned down) they could be nice flavor addition to races.
Yeah these are more of an outline for flavour and mechanics than implementable versions, but the number crunching shouldn't be impossible. smiling_turtle

Novola

Post by Novola » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:44 am

Still very nice list! Gnome one is amazing, i like most of them

Rhedora

Post by Rhedora » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:32 am

really good I like the idea of all classes have unique skill, hope this come to turtle wow one day but in this case I see someones overpowered and others bad, the one of the undead looks good have a low chance of do the trick but can be good if procs, plus a little more damage of the shot but others are to much or too low, the one of the gnome I feel bad they already have two slows have another can be or overpower or uneccesary maybe something more like a time bomb, and the one of the troll its soo broken, the goblin dwarf and undead looks good, dwarf defensive undead about do damage to both and the goblin to tramps (they are tricky)

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:33 am

I really like them but a bit overpowered
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer