[Hardcore Battlegrounds, Hardcore Players]

Dakka97

[Hardcore Battlegrounds, Hardcore Players]

Post by Dakka97 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:15 am

When I started on this server, I went in with a fresh mindset and a readiness to tackle the unknown. I've played on countless servers across many years, but I'm always attracted to the PVP World of Warcraft offers time after time. TWoW has PVP and even has a designated Warmode too, but unfortunately I've found myself playing a Hardcore character first before a regular playthrough.

Hardcore players can join battlegrounds, but the risk is very high and the reward is pretty meh all things considered. So how about we introduce a type of battleground specific to hardcore players?

How I envision Hardcore Battlegrounds:
  • The battleground itself isn't an instance, instead it's a physical location players have to travel to. The building is much like a coliseum, with a center battle arena and rows of stands surrounding it. There are vendor stalls, faction representatives, flightmasters, and maybe some references to popular media here and there. Neutral guards (similar to Booty Bay) are posted all over to prevent unsavory behavior, but are otherwise not invulnerable nor impossible to fool.
  • Each major city has a booth set up with two NPCs: One that shows the current and upcoming rosters for each bout, and another for signups. Signups are done using gold, with the price of signing up increasing by level bracket. Participants can sign up early to secure a spot, before their level bracket's bout is even announced.
  • The level brackets are the same as normal BGs, with the exception of a bracket for lvl 60s. Level 59 participants cannot earn XP while participating (they should be told this beforehand).
  • Bouts are done in 30 minute intervals, from lowest level bracket to highest. Each bout is announced by the booth NPCs, signalling to players that a bout either started, is about to start, or has ended. Participants are prompted to teleport to their team's prep room. If a bout times out, all participants are kicked out and banned from participating again for the next 24 hours; no prize, no glory.
  • A possible betting system where spectators place bets before they enter the stands, and odds are generated by determining participant strength via what level they are, what gear they're wearing, what spells they know, and if they've won previous bouts. Gambling is fun!
The rewards for winning a bout is as follows:
  1. The signup gold pot (multiplied by 2 or more) split evenly between the victors (e.g if 20 participants deposited 5 gold each and 6 survived on the winning team: 20*5 = 100, 100*2 = 200, 200/6 = 33g 33s each)
  2. Rare or epic quality armor and/or weapons appropriate for the level bracket and also appropriate for each players' class
  3. A care package of consumables appropriate for the level bracket that includes pots, scrolls, and misc.
  4. A special voucher, called a "Mark of Victory", which can be used to purchase ultra rare cosmetics, mounts, pets, tabards, etc. Higher brackets and higher numbers of participants means more Marks of Victory.
  5. A title to let everyone know you've won a bout in the Hardcore Battlegrounds (probably 'The Victor')

By implementing Hardcore Battlegrounds, hardcore players will now have a way to engage in meaningful PVP and earn rewards in a manner appropriate to the "all-or-nothing" style of play that hardcore mode provides. Non-hardcore players will also get a kick out of it too with a new place to hang out & roleplay, gamble, and entertain themselves as they watch hardcore players put their lives on the line for the ultimate PVP prize. I think it would be especially cool if Immortal players (those who've completed hardcore mode) also had the option to have special seating and the best view of the arena.

This is probably too rough or too unbalanced, but I do hope you appreciate the idea behind it all. smiling_turtle_head

Helki1

Re: [Hardcore Battlegrounds, Hardcore Players]

Post by Helki1 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:23 pm

If you're an enthusiastic bettor in Bangladesh, the 1xbet platform has a special treat just for you – the 1xbet Promo Code designed exclusively for players in Bangladesh. By using the promo code, you open the door to a world of exclusive bonuses and rewards, enhancing your online betting experience from the very start.

To take advantage of this fantastic offer, simply visit 1xbetpromobd.com and enter the promo code during the registration process. This personalized code, tailor-made for Bangladesh, ensures that you receive a warm welcome and additional perks as you embark on your betting journey.