rogues need some love and good additional finisher

Feomatar

rogues need some love and good additional finisher

Post by Feomatar » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:41 pm

Ok, with no offence but Flourish is a cpar of a finisher, what is unusable in pvp, pve and leveling (maybe combat lvling is okeyish with this but bad even for combat).
Maybe this ability will give 25% hp for 25s at 5 cp (5s 5% at 1 cp) instead? It will not affet pve at all, not broke pvp balance at all but will be a good cp eater when target in cc and will be usable nwhen u are on dots, and will be good def. option of expose armor. Pls, rogues need a small quality of life finisher, not this abomination with useless 20% parry for 7s for 5 cp, no one used it lol... Just think about it. turtle_tongue
P.S. BTW devs can merge "tank" poison with selfheal, but pls with ranks. Somethink like in last rank like poison make hight treat deal (about 80% of instant poison) and heal rogue for same amount. Or or something like retail vial heal (but it can be alitle overpowered, like its straight buff and i DONT want to make rogues overpowered si it must be with huge cd, like 5 mins.
Last edited by Feomatar on Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gantulga

Re: rogues need some love and good additional finisher

Post by Gantulga » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:58 am

Flourish is a neat idea but the duration increase per CP is absolutely laughable.

It is also obvious that the finisher was intended to work in tandem with Surprise Attack, which would have allowed you to pop 1 CP Flourish in PvP which still has good enough duration for some clutch moments.

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:29 am

Gantulga wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:58 am
Flourish is a neat idea but the duration increase per CP is absolutely laughable.

It is also obvious that the finisher was intended to work in tandem with Surprise Attack, which would have allowed you to pop 1 CP Flourish in PvP which still has good enough duration for some clutch moments.
Rogue already have utility, rogue needs a little class selfheal. And finisher with long duration for 25% of hp is ideal for it.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:24 am

I thought that finisher was for tank rogues

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:29 am

Geojak wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:24 am
I thought that finisher was for tank rogues
20% parry - one of five attacks are blocked @ other 4 oneshot your leather ass by any raidboss.
tank rogues.. it was for tank rogues...

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:00 am

I don't think anybody ever said anything about rogues tanking in raids. 5 man dungeon tanking could potentially be a thing though but you don't even get the threat poison till 60.

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:00 am
I don't think anybody ever said anything about rogues tanking in raids. 5 man dungeon tanking could potentially be a thing though but you don't even get the threat poison till 60.
dude you serious? Rogue tank tool is what this class needs but not light selfheal? specially in terms of huge buffs to other classes. Druid can have wotlk ability, but rogues cant have lil class heal?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:37 pm

They should make threat posion lvl 20.let tank rogues become a suitable low level tank. Would be awesome

Adunai

Post by Adunai » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:45 pm

Wouldn't adding self-healing to Rogues go against the policy of no class homogenisation?
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:59 pm

Yes, that is why we are making em tank. Safe healing for later

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Adunai wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:45 pm
Wouldn't adding self-healing to Rogues go against the policy of no class homogenisation?
yea, druid have wotlk ulti talents, and rogues cant have shitty heal as finisher... Like your point is irrelevant.

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:01 pm

Adunai wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:45 pm
And in how way 25% heal for 25s somehow ruin rogue identity?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:15 am

If you absolutely want a heal for whatever reason, at least suggest something interesting and thematically fitting like crimson vial which you can give to allies too.

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:18 am

Gantulga wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:15 am
If you absolutely want a heal for whatever reason, at least suggest something interesting and thematically fitting like crimson vial which you can give to allies too.
Healing finisher 100% fits rogue, something like retail vial 2 btw, but can be overpowered because u just press button, dont lose anything (like here u losing cp) and get health. I dont want rogues be overpowered, just a little selfheal. And i think small cp usage heal finisher over time is the best choise, maybe something like retail vial or health-siphoning poison (porc of poison deal x damage and restore y health when proc). Nothing big, but something what can counter "ubermench" tactic of "i dot u now u cant bandage i'm so good" and jump with healing themselves. Especially when palas, druids and priests get huge buffs in pvp...