Give some use to companion pets

Reploidrocsa

Give some use to companion pets

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:36 pm

I think with the companion tab there's a missed oportunity to incentivize pet collection, so i'm thinking we could give them somethin aditional for players.

First, no. No wild pet battles and capture, this ain't pokemon.

While implement a backported battle system from mist could be doable i'm not sure its a good idea and could cause way more bugs than we can expect

Maybe implement a loyalty system similar to hunter pets, which levels up by having the pet around and upon reaching max loyalty be able to get a book with lore about that pet? I.e. it's origins, if its an animal how they live and behave, what they eat...

Another idea could be allowing you to transform into different things/give you different glow effect temporary.

I dunno, seems like companion pets have good wasted potential

Hombrehongo

Re: Give some use to companion pets

Post by Hombrehongo » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:49 am

The pet tab and mount tab already incentivize collection. Before that pets and mounts whould take valuable bag space.
I cant really think of a way of making pets more useful/fun without adding mecanics. The whole idea of the pets is to have a small cosmetic option and brag if you have a rare one.
Maybe adding small animations to pets like running around the player if you stay idle or go to sleep if you AFK, make a sound if you /pat them and stuff like that.