Melee hunter suggestions in 1 post

Raukodor

Melee hunter suggestions in 1 post

Post by Raukodor » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:57 pm

Hello fellow turtles. I saw a lot of post made about melee hunters. With a lot of different suggestion

I think we should mix all of them into a single post for make it easier

IN SHORT the main suggestions about make melee hunter viable are

-melee skills dont scale at all. Should scale with ap

-allow the use of traps in combat in wolf stance. Will add a nice boost to dps and a bit of aoe (and make melee hunter more attractive)

-add wolf stance +8 parry (like monkey but parry instead dodge)

-mongoose bite/counterattack should proc not only from dodges. If ur dpsing you will dont get any proc. Make it proc from your own crit and pet's crits (adding synergy with pet)

-lacerate. Still not added. But seems a bleed dont help a lot. Maybe turn it into a melee hit wich put a debuff wich increases the damage recived (so melee hunter will be a nice add to a raid) and a bleed can be bad because breaks your frost trap

-idea for adding new skills: turn shots into strikes in wolf stance (arcane strike, multi strike , serpent strike.... Same efects than shoots but in melee)

-(this not only for melee but all hunter spec) pets are good for leveling but suck in endgame. Maybe adding a level 60 skills (claw bite screech....). Or adding new skills (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2738)

I Think those are the main issues and most suggested stuff. New iddeas or suggestions inthink should be added here to make the work easier
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Tristanaki

Re: Melee hunter suggestions in 1 post

Post by Tristanaki » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:09 pm

Agreed. Melee Hunter aught to be a thing. It would be the most unique change to Turtle WoW vs. regular Vanilla. I'm not even asking for it to be GREAT, I just want it to be good.

Vladis

Post by Vladis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:50 am

You got me here ! Agree in all points. Melee classic hunter does not have to be superb DPS, just so it becomes playable and useful in group content.

Garish

Post by Garish » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

Raukodor wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:57 pm
Hello fellow turtles. I saw a lot of post made about melee hunters. With a lot of different suggestion

-allow the use of traps in combat in wolf stance. Will add a nice boost to dps and a bit of aoe (and make melee hunter more attractive)

-mongoose bite/counterattack should proc not only from dodges. If ur dpsing you will dont get any proc. Make it proc from your own crit and pet's crits (adding synergy with pet)

-lacerate. Still not added. But seems a bleed dont help a lot. Maybe turn it into a melee hit wich put a debuff wich increases the damage recived (so melee hunter will be a nice add to a raid) and a bleed can be bad because breaks your frost trap

-idea for adding new skills: turn shots into strikes in wolf stance (arcane strike, multi strike , serpent strike.... Same efects than shoots but in melee)

-(this not only for melee but all hunter spec) pets are good for leveling but suck in endgame. Maybe adding a level 60 skills (claw bite screech....). Or adding new skills (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2738)

I Think those are the main issues and most suggested stuff. New iddeas or suggestions inthink should be added here to make the work easier
turn shots into strikes in wolf stance is not viable and is not lore accurate tho
the Spec needs a "job" in pve and pvp to be balanced
i made some takes on this:
1- better melee attack power scalling for melee skillsEX: Raptor strike as a "fill spell" like heroic strike, moogoose strike as a overpower like skill damage wise and so on...

2- Survival talent that lets hunter in wolf aspect be able to put traps in combat.(it has to be a talent if not the other hunters will just use the wolf aspect to put the trap and get out of it soon after)

3- lacerate(bleed based on melee ap) plus a -healing debuff ONLY usable in wolf aspect after parry/dodge or melee crit(that way the other hunters won't take an unintentional buff)

4- MORE BOSSES with "aoe phases"(mob rush like onyxia or bwl) for our entrapment(talent) frost trap strat usage(creates demand for melee hunter in raids)

5- A NEW SKILL idea: that ends the dot from lacerate and deals all remaining damage plus give Blade fury/sweeping strikers(hitting 2+ mobs at once). call it "BLOODBATH".its a form of aoe in raids and "niche pvp" usage(with 25-40sec cd).

6-Role-Play skill "HUNTER DEADLY THROWN" just a ranged skill with melee attack power scaling just like "Rexxar axe thrown". instant procs primitive instict talent(the new AS one)

that would make "viable" a Attack speed(DualW) aoe melee hunter build in raids and give melee hunter some pvp usage.
what do you guys think about this?

Vladis

Post by Vladis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:27 pm

Garish wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm
Raukodor wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:57 pm

turn shots into strikes in wolf stance is not viable and is not lore accurate tho
the Spec needs a "job" in pve and pvp to be balanced
i made some takes on this:
1- better melee attack power scalling for melee skillsEX: Raptor strike as a "fill spell" like heroic strike, moogoose strike as a overpower like skill damage wise and so on...

2- Survival talent that lets hunter in wolf aspect be able to put traps in combat.(it has to be a talent if not the other hunters will just use the wolf aspect to put the trap and get out of it soon after)

3- lacerate(bleed based on melee ap) plus a -healing debuff ONLY usable in wolf aspect after parry/dodge or melee crit(that way the other hunters won't take an unintentional buff)

4- MORE BOSSES with "aoe phases"(mob rush like onyxia or bwl) for our entrapment(talent) frost trap strat usage(creates demand for melee hunter in raids)

5- A NEW SKILL idea: that ends the dot from lacerate and deals all remaining damage plus give Blade fury/sweeping strikers(hitting 2+ mobs at once). call it "BLOODBATH".its a form of aoe in raids and "niche pvp" usage(with 25-40sec cd).

6-Role-Play skill "HUNTER DEADLY THROWN" just a ranged skill with melee attack power scaling just like "Rexxar axe thrown". instant procs primitive instict talent(the new AS one)

that would make "viable" a Attack speed(DualW) aoe melee hunter build in raids and give melee hunter some pvp usage.
what do you guys think about this?
Some good points as well. You might be right that we dont have to have shots coverted to strikes. But it would really help melee gameplay if existing skills (RS, MB, CA and perhaps wing clip) had melee AP scalling and under AotW had procs tied to offensive actions (crits e.g.) and not defensive actions. This Lacerate bleed dot spell would definitively help.

Trap mastery could be modified such that some traps could be usable in combat.

AotW should make MB and CA to proc from player and/or pet crits.

Basically the minimum in order to make melee gameplay viable is AP scalling for RS, MB and CA and MB and CA to proc from crits under AoTW.

Adunai

Post by Adunai » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:12 pm

Don't Hunters already use melee abilities if a melee closes in on them? There is a minimum range for ranged weapons, after all.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:53 pm

Well... Hit with some auto and raptor dont do a lot of damage

The idea is make a melee spec that dont shoot

Vladis

Post by Vladis » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:28 pm

BTW, the Lacerate spell, was it ever implemented or or will it be ? I saw it on the website under changes to classes but it is no longer there.

Suggestion - and actually, if it was a dot spell, the dot tick could for example have a chance to activite MB outside of its dodge requirement. Something like affli nightfall talent.

Akil1337

Post by Akil1337 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:08 pm

Hey

My Hunter is 32 now and i played him only as Survival and tested Aspect of the Wolf the last days.
Lets analyse the different playstyles first, maybe we find fitting ideas to get a great setup :)

Analysis of Playstyles

The Solo-Style or you have Aggro-Style
This is a Mid-Range playstyle, cause you prepare the fight with a (Fire)Trap, pull the mob with a Sting and melee him down with pet at you side. Here you play with Aspect of the Monkey, to buff your Dodge. Dodge lets you use Mongoose Bite and later Counterattack adds to the combo.

I must say, only from how the build feels to play, it's very nice! Its not only Auto hits, its a bit planing and overall fun!

The Problem with Solo-Style:
No scaling of Abilities with either Weapon-Dmg or Attackpower

Raptorstrike is pretty rewardig, but the most boring of all the abilities. In my testing, Mongoose bite startet at lvl 16 (? i guess) with around 4% dmg after a whole session played. Its now down to 1,5%-2% at my current level.
So while this playstyle feels good, it doesnt perform good.
Image ca. 20 min Combat

The not have Aggro-Style
This is a Melee only playstyle where your pet or the tank in the group has the aggro. You use Aspect of the Wolf, which disables range attacks. Here you run in, with the pet at your side and Raptor Strike the mobs down. Tbh, its a pretty boring playstyle.
Most of the time you dont use traps, cause you need to "guide" the mob into. The loss of Range feels pretty bad, you are a Hunter over all. You cant debuff a target in dungeons with a Sting to support you group...

But I must admit, the dmg on my lvl is a bit higher with Wolf, than Monkey and Mana isnt a problem at all.
After testing for a few hours, the DMG Plus is ca. +4 to +6 dps. (which is 5% at my level)

Following are from Dummys
Image 94 DPS = Aspect of the Monkey (no Mongoose Bites, cause tested on Dummy. Add ca +2% DMG like picture above states)
Image 99,5 DPS = Aspect of the Wolf (no Traps and Stings like real combat)

The problems I see:
- I think the dmg + will be negated at higher levels, cause Aspect of the Wolf has a fixed Attackpower value and dont scale. (this statement needs further testing)
- you dont support you grp with stings
- its absolutly boring

Conclusion
I think its pretty obvious, that scaling is the hard hitter here. But I also really like the idea of using Traps in combat while in Wolf and the Bleed and consume bleed idea from above. That sounds like a cool playstyle!
But the easiest was is prob. changing the trigger for Mongoose and Counterattack in Wolf. If they do decent dmg, ill be a good build.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:04 pm

Only getting more procs from mongoose dont change a lot... Mongoose bite at max rank only does 115 physical damage (so is reduced by armor)

The main problem is the 0 scaling of skills.

Making them scale. Allowing traps in combat and being able to proccing mongoose without tanking would be enough i think

Chiefshonah

Post by Chiefshonah » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:32 pm

I feel that something like "X% chance to add an extra melee attack" should be added to wolf stance as well.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:44 pm

+1. Melee hunter would be fun. Give those abilities some scaling. <3
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Vladis

Post by Vladis » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Thank you guys for good suggestions turtle_in_love_head

I also suggested introducing a mail set for melee hunter in a different thread. I hope some suggestions will make it to the game.

Phoenixphire

Post by Phoenixphire » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:27 pm

I don't care about melee hunter all that much but I see your posts all the time and love your ideas. GET THIS MAN HIS MELEE HUNTER.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:07 pm

Hey new idea. Dumb but inthink could be really good

Hunter's mark increase melee app power too when wolf stance. And rapid fire affect melee ap.in wolf stance

AND for raid gear bonuses make them applied to melee too

For example the dragonstalker ser bonus give +20% ap bonus to hawk aspect and chance to apply expose weakness (only ranged) so.my idea is that those buffs affect wolf stance and melee ap.too when u are in wolf stance

And more. All set bonuses give bonus damage to ranged skills. Could be good if you add bonus to raptor strike damage (main melee hunter attack) or even reducing his cd

What do you think
Last edited by Raukodor on Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm

(i know hunter is supossed to be played at range. But hey now that we are making melee hunter a thing the raid bonusses should buff melee skills too to.make it more attractive)

Buffing melee skills damage. Reducing his cd's. Buffing traps or even reducind feing death cd (to be able of using traps in combat)

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:12 pm

I see t2 have a little buff to wolf aspect

Could we add bonusses to melee skills or allowing expose weakness work in melee?

Or rapid fire affecting melee could work for t3 bonus set in melee

Rhedora

Post by Rhedora » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:01 pm

I think must add more survivality to hunter, not just damage, to make it more like a unique class,

for example aspect of the wolf can have a talent on survival pretty low maybe lvl 30 or more to get it, /predator style/ all melee atack give you health regen pasive

Feign Death its a unique skill for hunters can be one of the best utily skills so I think must improve it
/survival tactics/ reduce cd time

can add another sting exact like the serpent to steal mana, now for life
/sting leech/ steal life from the objective,

and finally to give more damage I think on two spells
/hit and shoot/ atack with your mine hand if 2h its equipped or off hand and do a quick shoot with your range weapon (if atack with off hand the shoot damage increase xxx damage)

/elemental traps/ when someone aactivate your trap depends of what trap is activate a passive effect on your weapon or weapons this effect increase damage if a 2h weapon its on your main hand, immolation trap (fire oil gives your melee atacks a fire damage) explosive trap (explosive dust your melee atacks do fire aoe damage) freeze trap (frozen weapons your atacks do frozen damage slow weapons do more damage) frost trap (quick freeze oil every hit do little water damage and when you hit your target with 5 atacks stun it for 2 seconds, when you do physical damage the stun breaks and do xxx damage to the target)

I really prefer all the trap skill but I see a little hard to do it in vanilla wow.

Akil1337

Post by Akil1337 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:05 pm

soo I lvld my melee hunter to 40 now and did alot of dungeons on the way.

I used a lot of traps in and outside combat, so a change to Aspect of the Wolf that you can place traps without Feign Death would add so much to this playstyle!

And I thought more about melee hunter at all: With Mongoose Bite and Counterattack after Parry/Dodge youre playing a very reactive playstyle. You react to what the opponent does is for me one the Core-Ideas of Survival Hunter. (The other one is preparing before combat, traps...)

Lets think the idea further, of reacting to stuff happening in combat: We already can react to melee attacks made against us. Would be cool if we have some abilities for ranged attacks made against us. So Kick is a rouge ability and should stay there but an ability to pump up your resistance temporally would be thematic. (Cause dodge dont work against magic?? tbh dodge magic would be cooler xD)
Or an ability, that is usable after you got hit with magic (or resisted).

And the big plus is, you get hit with often with magic in dungeons aswell (aoe...) so that would be an reactive ability usable in dungeons AND in solo play.

These Ideas could add up the reactive gameplay of survival hunter and are uniq, as far i know.
I would love to see other ideas to this kind of playstyle :D

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:24 pm

Wolf Stance: Current version in terms of AP. Melee crits allow Mongoose Strike to be used offensively and reset Raptor Strike's CD. Traps can be used in melee without FD but all share CD.
That way you can use traps on CD in combat and you share a crit focused melee build with dual wield to give the Rexxar appeal.
Mongoose Bite also being made 100% free with ZERO cooldown so Monkey aspect as a reason to be used as a melee hunter.
It won't dynamically change the game, primarily to the same issue Shamans face and thats shitty gear, and will make the class more interesting to play but not overpowered.
If you aren't adding lacerate back in for survival, at least allow more Mongoose Bites aggresively.
Dual wielding spamming Mongoose Bites due to a high crit % means you have another class that can benefit from fast melee weapons such as daggers or those 2.0 axes, while not actually encroaching on dominant melee DPS.
Lightning Reflexes also needs some kind of change. Like 2 melee AP per Agi rather than 1. There's not really a reason to take it even as a survival hunter.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:22 pm

Time a go when they first talked about wolf stance i suggest that doubles your ap gaining from agility (2 melee ap per 1 ag instead 1-1) better than a raw 155 ap so it scales with gear

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:06 pm

What I would love to see on a melee hunter is a AoE-like attack outside of traps. My suggestion would be pretty fitting on group content.

Counterattack:
Only usable after you, your pet, a group or raid member dodged, blocked or parried.
Strike you target with X damage + X% AP scaling and up to X enemys closest to your target with X damage + x% AP scaling.

This way counterattacks name keeps making sense and it becomes something unique instead of just mongoos bite 2.0.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:01 am

I like this one

Or create a talent that make raptor strike does damage to the target and the nearest enemy

Vladis

Post by Vladis » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:03 am

Venytas wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:06 pm
What I would love to see on a melee hunter is a AoE-like attack outside of traps. My suggestion would be pretty fitting on group content.

Counterattack:
Only usable after you, your pet, a group or raid member dodged, blocked or parried.
Strike you target with X damage + X% AP scaling and up to X enemys closest to your target with X damage + x% AP scaling.

This way counterattacks name keeps making sense and it becomes something unique instead of just mongoos bite 2.0.
Yeah, actually thats a good one. Really like this idea.

Akil1337

Post by Akil1337 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:22 pm

(this one I half-stealed from vanilla+)

Aspect of the Wolf: Increase you Melee AP by X% but decrease your Range AP by X% and you can use your Traps in Combat.

This way you still have the hunter feeling, pulling mobs to you. In addition, the use of Traps in Combat solves the AOE problem, cause there is a Trap for single and one for multi targets. This change also let Feign Death be an aggro reset and can safe your life instead of being used for dmg. In addition, you better can Freeze a target to really help you grp with CC, like a Mage or Rouge. (Cause in a pull-situartion u can run to the Mobs and try to freeze the 2nd incomming, cause the first always gets attacked by impatient DPS xD.) Otherwise a Freezing Trap you can shoot like later expensions can solve the CC problem as well. (prob much better)

Additional changes would be to for Mongoose Bite and Counterattack to procc from Dodges and Parries of ALL party members. With this the original design is unchanged and you have a use in group situartions. (Scaling in these Abilities is expected for this change. Cause if they useless like now, you dont use them even if you could)

Last change to awesomeness would be some kind of spammable. Maybe a scalable Wing Clip can help with that.

- In this suggestion, the original Abilities from the hunter can simply be used effective and no need for deep changes of the class itself, by adding more abilities.
- the changes to Aspect Wolf can maybe tranfered into Talents
- the CC change would make the class valueble for grps.

Edit: Making Traps usable in Combat should be a Talent and usable with Monkey and Wolf. Cause I can see myself running with Monkey in Open World or PvP and with Wolf in PvE situations.
Last edited by Akil1337 on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Just to add to it, viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3778 I would like this to be taken as target. Merging/upgrades topic. V+ has great stuff in terms of char development and I see many people here want better development of races and classes so...I am fully into your idea, but we got that already as I've stated in the topic...we just need to push that to happen for either merge, or good template to learn and develop on from their talents

Vladis

Post by Vladis » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Akil1337 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Aspect of the Wolf: Increase you Melee AP by X% but decrease your Range AP by X% and you can use your Traps in Combat.

This way you still have the hunter feeling, pulling mobs to you. In addition, the use of Traps in Combat solves the AOE problem, cause there is a Trap for single and one for multi targets. This change also let Feign Death be an aggro reset and can safe your life instead of being used for dmg. In addition, you better can Freeze a target to really help you grp with CC, like a Mage or Rouge. (Cause in a pull-situartion u can run to the Mobs and try to freeze the 2nd incomming, cause the first always gets attacked by impatient DPS xD.) Otherwise a Freezing Trap you can shoot like later expensions can solve the CC problem as well. (prob much better)

Additional changes would be to for Mongoose Bite and Counterattack to procc from Dodges and Parries of ALL party members. With this the original design is unchanged and you have a use in group situartions. (Scaling in these Abilities is expected for this change. Cause if they useless like now, you dont use them even if you could)

Last change to awesomeness would be some kind of spammable. Maybe a scalable Wing Clip can help with that.

- In this suggestion, the original Abilities from the hunter can simply be used effective and no need for deep changes of the class itself, by adding more abilities.
Perhaps I will take back my suggestion of MB and CA usable after melee/pets crits and instead going with the idea of MB and CA usable after the player/party/raid member dodges/parries/blocks.

MB or CA could be therefore made aoe like warrior's Cleave.

Plus +8% parry in AotW and traps usable in combat.

MB and CA scalling in AP. And a gap closer or ranged slow would be nice for PvP.

And melee hunter becomes awesome.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:49 pm

As a veteran melee hunter player i really love they make this spec really viable. Or at least less crappy

Wolf aspect with improved aspect is a begining

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Vladis wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:18 pm
Akil1337 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Perhaps I will take back my suggestion of MB and CA usable after melee/pets crits and instead going with the idea of MB and CA usable after the player/party/raid member dodges/parries/blocks.

MB or CA could be therefore made aoe like warrior's Cleave.

Plus +8% parry in AotW and traps usable in combat.

MB and CA scalling in AP. And a gap closer or ranged slow would be nice for PvP.

And melee hunter becomes awesome.

I think the melee hunter should not get a gap-closer because thats where his shots come in play.

For mongoose bite and counterattack, my suggestion to counterattack already is in this thread earlier but now for mongoos bite.
Mongoose bite should not proc from any sort of dodge, parry or block, counterattack already covers this in my suggestion.

So.

Mongoos Bite:
Only usable after you or your pet hits with a critical attack.
Strike your target with X damage + X% AP scaling.

Pretty basic so far, but now the interesting part.

Talent!

Improved Raptor Strike [1/5] :
Reduce the CD of Raptor Strike by 0,4(up to 2 seconds) Seconds, in addition, whenever you hit a target with Mongoose Bite your Raptor Strikes CD gets reduced by 20%(up to 100%).

Raptor Strike:
Your next Auto Attack deals 100% Weapon Damage, in addition, the next Auto Attack of your Pet deals X% Weapon damage additional damage.

I think this could be happen and it would be fun and interesting to play, what do you guys think?

Akil1337

Post by Akil1337 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:20 pm

one thing i would like to point out further:

Im back to the classic wow feeling here now for a few week. The strongest point gets me with classes here is, they are really individual. There is a Warri with good physical dmg and charge... a Rouge that can stab and kick.... every class has something unique.

And they also have stuff usable outside of normal combat situations. For Hunter this is i.e. Eyes of the Beast and so on. Lets call this niche or RP stuff. Both together puts a picture of the class together, a class fantasy. Especially because they cant do anything but can do stuff others cant. The experience and the way to do a dungeon is very different, when you replace one DPS like a Shaman with a Warlock. The shaman lets melees shine with WF, the Warlock can safe the grp with Soulstone and stuff.

Thats in example is why i disagree with giving (Melee)Hunter another gap closer than the build in ones: Concussive Shot and Wyvern Sting. And thats also why i think a change for Aspect of the Wolf to "you can use range, but its way worse than other play-styles", as I suggested.

Hunter has already cool build in stuff, it only needs to be usable. Like everyone of us would like the idea of using traps in combat. Its simply making built-in stuff usable. And to cut Meleehunters the Range part really feels so bad. Its like cutting a part of you class away.

I also want to change my suggestion from above i lil bit:
Making Traps usable in Combat should be a Talent and usable with Monkey and Wolf. Cause I can see myself running with Monkey in Open World or PvP and with Wolf in PvE situations.

Zyrael

Post by Zyrael » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:29 pm

Just some thoughts I had.

Superior Strikes - instead of just decreasing cooldown also give AP scaling like let's say 30% of attack power.

Mongoose strike - through talent or new passive make it be able to proc on melee swings. Like for example 10% chance to proc on melee swing.

Rapid fire - just make it work with melee instead of ranged exclusive.

T2 bonus - make it work with melee.

A new cleave ability, instead of changing the current ones a simple cleave ability on low cooldown.
Cleaving could be melee hunters niche. So a strong cleave ability instead of a version of warriors cleave.
Something like a 4-5 second cooldown 110-120% of weapon dmg or add x amount to attack scaling of Attack power.

Rhedora

Post by Rhedora » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:10 am

just want give one warning, spell damage increase dont affect traps, if someone want try it I buy one neck that gives fire damage and I trougth will increase the damage of immolation trap and dont do it, sad for my 25g neck :(

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:41 am

They already added a melee bonus to the t2 set

And i.like your ideas

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:43 am

No. Traps dont scale at all they never scaled the only way is have the talent that increase their damage. But dont Matter have +fire or +sp

(Maybe resistance reduction works like curse from lock or stonerender gauntlets/bleakwood hew)

Zyrael

Post by Zyrael » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:35 pm

Raukodor wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:41 am
They already added a melee bonus to the t2 set

And i.like your ideas
Yeah I saw the 3 set bonus (it's great), I was thinking something for the 8 set bonus.