VALID THROWING Weapons

Smejkyspiritcz

VALID THROWING Weapons

Post by Smejkyspiritcz » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:31 pm

Why do we have thrown skill if it rly cant be used to be valid to play with. Well i came up with some weapons that should make it possible: will not consume it self (no ammo so no dmg+ from it) there for it has higher base dmg than bows/guns/xbows but shorter range (25yd)

Lvl5:(world drop) https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd
Lvl13:(world drop) https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... JOVUxMIl0=
Lvl20:(world drop) https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd
Lvl35:(the crescent grove) https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==
Lvl48:(world drop) https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==
Lvl56:(Dire Maul-North) https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==
Lvl60:(ZG 5%->Bloodlord Mandokir?) https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==

Garish

Re: VALID THROWING Weapons

Post by Garish » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:22 pm

vanilla has throws with stats?

Smejkyspiritcz

Post by Smejkyspiritcz » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:25 pm

Garish wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:22 pm
no but if u want to make them valid u have to make them like if it is bow/gun othervise its not worth using for huntrers

Garish

Post by Garish » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:35 pm

Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:25 pm
Garish wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:22 pm
no but if u want to make them valid u have to make them like if it is bow/gun othervise its not worth using for huntrers
yes.I just didn't know there was a way to make them
now with deadly throw it can make a way to be viable with stats

could have one in a class quest for hunter focused on Melee(with wolf aspect)
or better a new skill like deadly throw but for melee hunters(Based on Melee attack power)like "rexxar axe throw"

Moebius24

Post by Moebius24 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:41 pm

Thrown weapons being useful, especially spears would make me level an alt troll hunter to rp as a WC3 Headhunter. That would be dope.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:11 pm

As a rogue, I absolutely support this.

Throwing weapons are in a beyond sad state.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:13 am

+1000 to this

And +2000 to add javelins as throwing wep
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Smejkyspiritcz

Post by Smejkyspiritcz » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:43 pm

Raukodor wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:13 am
+1000 to this

And +2000 to add javelins as throwing wep
Javelins shouldn´t be that hard to make they already have model for trolls (dwarf zone teh frost trolls) but they would need to make them for other races and that requires time. For now atleast the knifes and axes shouldn´t be that hard to add. Atleast i think so.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:52 pm

Moebius24 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:41 pm
Thrown weapons being useful, especially spears would make me level an alt troll hunter to rp as a WC3 Headhunter. That would be dope.
Sold!

Smejkyspiritcz

Post by Smejkyspiritcz » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:42 pm

Lets pray that someone from dev team will read this and approve it :D

F41lz0rs

Post by F41lz0rs » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:14 pm

Thrown weapons need recharging count to simulate use during and reclaimation after fight. count resets after battle, swap out multipled for prolonged fights. High repair cost. increase their damage to offset the lack of stats and make them useable with autoshoot. reduce use count to 10-15ish to further balance its higher damage. low uses per stack gives more bag space use for less ammo count compared to bow. (I am indiffrent to giveing them stats at all. the stats on bows is low in teh first place. and i dont care if not all my armor is green or blue/purple......)

F41lz0rs

Post by F41lz0rs » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 pm

Also isnt ther a crafted throwing spear by blacksmiths? there was one in the Classic retail server but i dont know it that was added, it seems like a waste they would have added that in classic wwhen no one wanted to use thrown..... EDIT#######
found it added in TBC thick bronze darts.....

Smejkyspiritcz

Post by Smejkyspiritcz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:57 pm

F41lz0rs wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:14 pm
Thrown weapons need recharging count to simulate use during and reclaimation after fight. count resets after battle, swap out multipled for prolonged fights. High repair cost. increase their damage to offset the lack of stats and make them useable with autoshoot. reduce use count to 10-15ish to further balance its higher damage. low uses per stack gives more bag space use for less ammo count compared to bow. (I am indiffrent to giveing them stats at all. the stats on bows is low in teh first place. and i dont care if not all my armor is green or blue/purple......)
Thats nice idea but i rather keep it simple so we atleast have some chance of getting them what u suggest would take way morw effort to do than just adding those items i made. (yours idea would be more realistic/mine is easy to execute)

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:08 am

They could have very high durability (let's say 1k) and each toss would consume one instead of having it degrade through use or dying.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:21 am

Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:42 pm
I have brought it up for discussion :)
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Greatgrass

Post by Greatgrass » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:24 am

Big agree. me and my roommate often get drunk and have elongated discussions about how throwing spears and throwing axes should be 100% implemented as an alternative to hunter guns, especially for trolls if nothing else.
The animations are already there in the game.

Smejkyspiritcz

Post by Smejkyspiritcz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:17 am

Akalix wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:21 am
Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:42 pm
I have brought it up for discussion :)
Yes!! Thats great news 👍🏻😉♥️

Kaspah420

Post by Kaspah420 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:48 am

I love this idea, yes please!

F41lz0rs

Post by F41lz0rs » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:42 pm

Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:57 pm
F41lz0rs wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:14 pm
Thats nice idea but i rather keep it simple so we atleast have some chance of getting them what u suggest would take way morw effort to do than just adding those items i made. (yours idea would be more realistic/mine is easy to execute)
I agree it would be hard but if its worth doing its worth doing right. I issue it a challage to the devs if they want to bring this item/system out of the depressing state. In the end it is up to them and their skill/comfort with the games engine. we can only use discourse to bring the solution they wish to use into existance.