content

Leluch

content

Post by Leluch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:13 am

I can't wrap my head around it. You're turtles, and the content is open immediately.
I would once again raised the issue of the gradual discovery of content.Even better to do a survey.I am personally for the content to be opened gradually . Waiting for your votes in the subject .
I'm waiting .that turtle will add poll in this topic :3

Eleison

Re: content

Post by Eleison » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:21 am

From what I can find, AQ and Naxx are time gated, but everything else isn't?
Does that mean tier 0.5 and DM are there from the get go too?
It's not what I'd expect from a turtle realm, but interestingly I can kinda see an argument for it.

it popped into my head from the Q&A thread. In there, the idea of weekly or daily level caps was proposed with the idea being that no one would feel pressure to rush, since there's a limit anyway. But, personally I think it would create the opposite effect since people would see a goal to meet and try to reach the cap within the limit.
So applying the same logic to raids, maybe having more unlocked from the start will make people less inclined to try to "keep up" so to speak.

I'm not saying that's definitely the case, and maybe more time gating is a better idea, just a random thought.

When you speak of content, are you referring to raids mostly? or catch-ups like DM and 0.5 as well? What would look ideal to you?

Kat

Post by Kat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:45 am

Yeah, I was sort of expecting them to have ZG and DM closed at the start as it will certainly change the level 60 endgame which should be something to look at since it is a pve/rp server

Edo

Post by Edo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 pm

With DM available, i doubt many will bother doing scholo or strat. I'd really lockdown DM and ZG until MC is cleared for the first time.

Leluch

Post by Leluch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Eleison , sure i say of all content.
My firs vanilla server is Kronos.. and I can't resist comparing other servers to Kronos.
http://www.kronos-wow.com/2018/01/28/kr ... emization/

Orntz

Post by Orntz » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 pm

This is a good point. I would guess that it depends on the core that they are using and whether it is going to be stock or whether they introduce custom scripting and changes.

It is easier to take a stock core and launch it with the instances already open. I don't know what is required for coding as far as locking the instances.

Edit: I was forgetting about the AMA.
Last edited by Orntz on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eleison

Post by Eleison » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:08 am

I see, thanks for the list.
I'm not so sure on the timings though, two months until MC/ONY might send the message that you should be 60 and pre-bis/near pre-bis in two months, which I think goes against the point of the server. Of course that can be solved by modifying the timings between the content. Would you like Kronos' gaps? Or would you like them increased?

I always thought I was pro time gating, but I'm really on the fence now that I think about it. Something about knowing there's a sort of "Time limit" gets people in rush mode I think. That being said, I'm a bit worried about DM leaving little room for other dungeons.

Leluch

Post by Leluch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:43 am

No. You can do it any time. Given the "slowness" of the server.
This list is more for a good example of how to open content in Warcraft.

Kat

Post by Kat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 am

I think a static release isn't needed for a server like this, but for DM/ZG/D1/D2 I believe needs to be looked at and put to a vote whether it's disabled until certain raid goals have been obtained.

Leluch

Post by Leluch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 am

Turtle, take a vote .(2)