What is the direction of this server?

Post Reply
Jongyi
Posts: 21

What is the direction of this server?

Post by Jongyi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Is Turtle Devs trying to become Tauri Evermoon (PVE) or do they want to become Stormforge Mistblade(PVP)? They can't be both and it is impossible to please both sides of playerbase.
Population maybe increasing, but sense of community itself is collapsing quickly with influx of gankers, griefers and corpse campers.
Non-warmode ppl are also affected badly as gankers killing quest objective npcs and camping the escort npc. You can sense the increasing the hostility in the air by looking at World Chat and Newcomer Chat. Toxicity is becoming rampart and "Turtle Community is friendly" quote is slowly becoming a joke.
PVPers insulting and belittling RP PVER community in the chat is also becoming rampart. Recent changes catering to PVPers also alienate RP PVE community which most of them are OG players.
Devs should be open about their direction and become complete PVP server like Evermoon if they want to.
I love Turtle and I see many redflags pointing which will hurt the server's community in the long term

User avatar
Proudwell
Posts: 16

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Proudwell » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:13 pm

I think there may be some disagreement with what I say here, but I think that the PvP/PvE split is okay. The real community split is with HC/non-HC, since they literally split the community for a massive chunk of the game.
While I think HC players should have every right to play HC, I have a personal concern with people being (mostly) mechanically split from the other side of the community in a game that relies a lot on cooperation. Thankfully HC can cooperate together, but they're still in a different box from everyone else.
There's also some talk about HC players stopping at 59 to keep the challenge going, so that's a group of people (however large or small) that are permanently outside of the non-HC pool.

Jongyi
Posts: 21

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Jongyi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:37 pm

Environment is getting hostile though. You can see the mood of the people with excessive amount of griefing and camping.
Even the chat is getting flooded with these issues. We are seeing voices of unhappy people in this forum too. That is very concerning and may eventually lead to community drama.

User avatar
Proudwell
Posts: 16

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Proudwell » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:37 pm
Environment is getting hostile though. You can see the mood of the people with excessive amount of griefing and camping.
Even the chat is getting flooded with these issues. We are seeing voices of unhappy people in this forum too. That is very concerning and may eventually lead to community drama.
It was my assumption- and forgive me if I'm wrong on this- that griefing was against the rules. Things such as ganking and world PvP are not forbidden, though.
I think it may fall to the GMs to decide if they want to actually do something. The most I've seen any GM do is moderate anal jokes in world chat and tell people not to talk about politics, and then ignore people blatantly disregarding them.

Though I may be wrong on this, as well, I suspect that Turtle's team doesn't want to clamp down on people because they don't want to push people away from the server. Even if the people they'd be pushing are bad members of the community.

Jongyi
Posts: 21

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Jongyi » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:46 am

Proudwell wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:14 pm
Jongyi wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:37 pm
Environment is getting hostile though. You can see the mood of the people with excessive amount of griefing and camping.
Even the chat is getting flooded with these issues. We are seeing voices of unhappy people in this forum too. That is very concerning and may eventually lead to community drama.
It was my assumption- and forgive me if I'm wrong on this- that griefing was against the rules. Things such as ganking and world PvP are not forbidden, though.
I think it may fall to the GMs to decide if they want to actually do something. The most I've seen any GM do is moderate anal jokes in world chat and tell people not to talk about politics, and then ignore people blatantly disregarding them.

Though I may be wrong on this, as well, I suspect that Turtle's team doesn't want to clamp down on people because they don't want to push people away from the server. Even if the people they'd be pushing are bad members of the community.
Yeah, things need to be moderated from devs and GMs. Lack of moderation of blizzard is what leads retail community becoming a toxic cesspool nowaday we sees. How they will moderate will be up to the devs

User avatar
Adunai
Posts: 21
Location: The Western Ukraine

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Adunai » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:48 am

Jongyi wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:14 pm
Population maybe increasing, but sense of community itself is collapsing quickly with influx of gankers, griefers and corpse campers.
I honestly could not believe my eyes when I first saw the incident of people whining about world PvP... on a PvE server! Like, you can literally turn off your PvP flag at any moment, it's just incomprehensible to me.

And yes, the Turtle WoW community is still quite peculiar. This is the first time I can see Tolkienist names wherever I cast my view. Low-level (thus not from the old cohort?) players constantly saving one another. I got my gear enchanted for free. Now, at level 19, I randomly gave a Greater Magic Wand to a stranger. The dungeon group I was in persevered after a wipe, zero toxicity.

Regarding the competition for quest mobs - I could definitely see it rising, as the population has grown from 0.5k to 2.5k in the span of 2 months. And personally, I would be a huge fan of the PvP ruleset... although I can't even comment on whether the PvE setting will interfere with my experience, as I'm barely on the cusp of venturing to Ashenvale. Either way, you must be overdramatising things out of nothing.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Jongyi
Posts: 21

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Jongyi » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:19 am

Adunai wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:48 am
Jongyi wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:14 pm
Population maybe increasing, but sense of community itself is collapsing quickly with influx of gankers, griefers and corpse campers.
I honestly could not believe my eyes when I first saw the incident of people whining about world PvP... on a PvE server! Like, you can literally turn off your PvP flag at any moment, it's just incomprehensible to me.

And yes, the Turtle WoW community is still quite peculiar. This is the first time I can see Tolkienist names wherever I cast my view. Low-level (thus not from the old cohort?) players constantly saving one another. I got my gear enchanted for free. Now, at level 19, I randomly gave a Greater Magic Wand to a stranger. The dungeon group I was in persevered after a wipe, zero toxicity.

Regarding the competition for quest mobs - I could definitely see it rising, as the population has grown from 0.5k to 2.5k in the span of 2 months. And personally, I would be a huge fan of the PvP ruleset... although I can't even comment on whether the PvE setting will interfere with my experience, as I'm barely on the cusp of venturing to Ashenvale. Either way, you must be overdramatising things out of nothing.
If you think everything is rainbow and sunny in community, go to world chat, newcomer chat, flagged pvp in goldshire or crossroads, or see the recent forums about how griefers are ruining PVE experience.
Ignoring obvious flaws won't help the devs improve the server

User avatar
Aquaria
Posts: 5

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Aquaria » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:32 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:19 am
If you think everything is rainbow and sunny in community, go to world chat, newcomer chat, flagged pvp in goldshire or crossroads, or see the recent forums about how griefers are ruining PVE experience.
Ignoring obvious flaws won't help the devs improve the server
OR... leave World Chat and get out of the Newcomer as soon as you want to.

My guildies, and friends from other guilds have encountered griefers. Sometimes those griefers then get their butts handed to them or they get ignored and we move on to another spot. We always have multiple things and places to adventure in.

Eventually the griefers get bored or frustrated at being ignored and leave. smiling_turtle_head
------------------------------------------
A mind to think, a thought to ponder.
When thinking’s thought a mind should wander.

The yester is here.

Jongyi
Posts: 21

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Jongyi » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:08 pm

Aquaria wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:32 pm
Jongyi wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:19 am
If you think everything is rainbow and sunny in community, go to world chat, newcomer chat, flagged pvp in goldshire or crossroads, or see the recent forums about how griefers are ruining PVE experience.
Ignoring obvious flaws won't help the devs improve the server
OR... leave World Chat and get out of the Newcomer as soon as you want to.

My guildies, and friends from other guilds have encountered griefers. Sometimes those griefers then get their butts handed to them or they get ignored and we move on to another spot. We always have multiple things and places to adventure in.

Eventually the griefers get bored or frustrated at being ignored and leave. smiling_turtle_head
Really hard to ignore griefers when they keep killing defias messenger on spawn location or camping Keeshan in Redridge.
Anyway, i have three toons which only one of them are in Newcomers and others are in others guilds. I found smaller guilds tend to be more social and close than larger ones. Chill people and chilld environment. I love them turtle_tongue

User avatar
Aquaria
Posts: 5

Re: What is the direction of this server?

Post by Aquaria » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:48 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:08 pm
Really hard to ignore griefers when they keep killing defias messenger on spawn location or camping Keeshan in Redridge.
Anyway, i have three toons which only one of them are in Newcomers and others are in others guilds. I found smaller guilds tend to be more social and close than larger ones. Chill people and chilld environment. I love them turtle_tongue
Yeah, it's a small nuisance (at least to me), BUT I have never once found a group of people and a WoW server that I love sooooo much other than years ago on a retail RP server during a specific era.

Well all get through it... It's just growing pains and a surge. I thin the bad ones will leave if we either tame them or show them no attention... at least for now. satisfied_turtle

<3

~Aerdrienya of Golden Moon~
------------------------------------------
A mind to think, a thought to ponder.
When thinking’s thought a mind should wander.

The yester is here.

Post Reply