So about weird consumables. . .

Deadcrow

So about weird consumables. . .

Post by Deadcrow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:34 am

I have been enjoying the server exploring and questing and I noticed something there is a slew of consumables that have status effects attached to them like the Slumber sand or Bag of Marbles. My question is this would it be possible to have a vendor for each faction selling these items. I personally love the idea of a warrior carrying extra equipment to supplement his fighting like armor wax or wizards carrying slumber sand to knock someone out in a tight spot. Stuff like that, I think it would be a cool unique edition to the game, a small one but cool none the less.

Tortuga

Re: So about weird consumables. . .

Post by Tortuga » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 am

I think it would be better if these items will drop from appropriate mobs, so lowbies can sell them on AH for a little income. Maybe they should not be exact the same items as the quest rewards (just imagine everyone has a stack or two of Really Sticky Glue from Senjin Village in their pockets!), so longer cooldowns, Unique(N) (to limit insane farming), and "does not affect player characters" are the way to go.
Vendor could have some limited amount of those, but like 1-2, or it will be too EZ.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 am

That's fair. I was just interested in them because they really only exist in vanilla wow

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am

These items are OP in PvP hence they are quest rewards (bop type) and are limited to a lower levels for survivability in PvE.

Slumber Sand alternative - Magic Dust off Dust Devils in Westfall (not bop item). Really Sticky Glue - Large Rope Net off murloc Netters or some Defias Trappers (limited in quantity since do not stack, bop). Wax is … kinda unique in that reagard but almost every class has it's own way of bypassing some armor, some weapons can do that as well.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Every item you mentioned is available in game just with other name...

Sinrek basically told you everything.
Pay a visit on classicdb.ch and check them out
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you voted today?
Too lazy to find links?
You lazy ass angry_turtle
TopG.org & Top100Arena.com & XtreamTop100 & WoWStatus.net

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 am

The only quest reward's with no actual alternative power wise would be Light of Elune. Sure thing we have LimInvPot but it's duration is far from alternative.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server on WoW Status & TopG.org & Xtreme100.com & Top100Arena.com