A Change for Warmode that will make Low Lvl BGs actually happen!

Moebius24

A Change for Warmode that will make Low Lvl BGs actually happen!

Post by Moebius24 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been playing on Turtle WoW for two Weeks now and I'm loving it so far. I think the idea of Warmode on a PVE Server is a great idea and I wouldn't have come here without it. Of course it has its problems as many players point out on this forum. The problem with the XP Boost is that it makes people turn on warmode who aren't interested in PvP. This leads to frustration and more negativity etc. (other people have pointed this out already)

I've been thinking about this a bit and came up with this idea:
Instead of a general XP boost the Warmode could give you a large boost for the XP you get in BGs (below 60). Furthermore it could also boost your Honor and Reputation gains in BGs (I always thougt the rep gain was ridiculously low).
Right now there are no BGs happening in 20-29, 30-39, 40-49. And that is a pity! You can only do BGs from 10-19 (at peak times) and then you'll have to level up to 51 so you can at least do AV. I'm currently lvl 27 and I've noticed that I'm now trying to rush the Levelling process to get to do BGs again. So I've stopped being a turtle crying_turtle I really wanted to take my time. No rush to get to 60.
Low Level BGs are great because you get to learn your class in PvP while levelling. I once levelled to max Lvl on another Server that had the same issue. No BGs and no PvP at all until max Level. The result was that I was completely overwhelmed by my spells and couldn't really contribute in the BGs. I actually quit the game at that point.

With this change only people who are interested in BGs would choose warmode. So no more people who don't like PvP in this mode. AND it would make BGs in the lower brackets happen.

What do you guys think?

Jambiya

Re: A Change for Warmode that will make Low Lvl BGs actually happen!

Post by Jambiya » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:20 pm

Increased bg exp and rep sounds good to me.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 pm

I have also floated by the team the idea of doubling reputation and honor received from battlegrounds for players below level 60, as a way to get low level battlegrounds popping again. Perhaps the actual bonus can be negotiated by level, but in essence, the idea is for PvP to be encouraged with PvP aspects much like this warmode change proposes. I tend to agree with it.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:45 pm

When it comes to suggestions regarding War Mode, one thing I seem to notice is that people continually recommend it be changed… but they offer no alternative "challenge" to purely boost Experience Points.

I'm not saying the game absolutely needs a permanent XP booster, but having indulged a little… I've gotta say, it's pretty nice.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:24 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:45 pm
When it comes to suggestions regarding War Mode, one thing I seem to notice is that people continually recommend it be changed… but they offer no alternative "challenge" to purely boost Experience Points.

I'm not saying the game absolutely needs a permanent XP booster, but having indulged a little… I've gotta say, it's pretty nice.
Simple: The people who want to do Slow and Steady aren't necessarily the same people who want items or want the EXP loss. I was going to do it until I found out about the EXP loss on death, and I didn't even know there were item rewards, which I would gladly do without. I simply wanted a slowed down experience, and feel like I'm being double-whammied a disadvantage in return for rewards I don't even want. Take that EXP penalty on death and instead attach it to the 30% EXP bonus and rename the glyph something like Hedge Your Bets.