Turtle Classic+ WoW slightly changes that would make life easier

Lipidus

Turtle Classic+ WoW slightly changes that would make life easier

Post by Lipidus » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:33 pm

Hello Guys.

in my opinion, the most serious reason why ppl would quit or not continue classic wow(+) is time.

So I have a few small changes that would make life a little easier and would not change the experience alot:

1. If your dead, in some zones its unbelievable annoying to run like 5-10 minutes to your corpse and if your unlucky, die again.
so what about :
- more ghosthealers or
- make ghost running faster.

2. I startet like two weeks ago and the first thing that annoyed me was the difference in the starting zones due the proffesions trainer.
In Brill u can learn every (or almost any) profession and UC is like 2min away.
In Bloodhoof village u can not (or barely) learn any profession and TB is far away.

I did not check the other zones now, but i think there are more differences.

So what about adding profession trainer in every starting zone main village?
Even adding a forge and a anvil would help in Bloodhof village.

3. More flightpoints. Needs no explanation.
( really like the travel improvements u already made)

Thats it for the "time" issue. And i have one more little suggestion which would be great too.

4. Enchantement.
Implement a paper to enchant on which is not bop.
I know its a profession in wotlk but i just want the paper here so enchanter can use it to buff their chars and maybe sell some of them in the ah.

thats it
love your work
cheers

Lipidus

Ishilu

Re: Turtle Classic+ WoW slightly changes that would make life easier

Post by Ishilu » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:13 pm

Hey there!

As a classic veteran from "back then", I have to vote against your well-meant suggestions.

Of course, the suggested changes would make the game slightly more accessible than it is right now. However, there will always be some point or other where a player will personally think that the game could or should be "improved": shorter corpsruns, more farmable resources, lower prices for riding, skills, dual-spec, etc.

At this point, let's just take a look at what years of Qol - changes have done to retail WoW and its community and ask ourselves: Is that the game we want to play? Are those the kind of people we want to play with? Do we want turtle WoW go down that road?

Not saying your suggestions wouldn't make the game easier, and maybe I'm too much of a purist here, but I personally like my games a bit clunky and unforgiving ;-).

Fornow

Post by Fornow » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:44 am

I can see running speed as a ghost being higher than the current default but getting successively lower if you die several times within a certain time span. That way an occasional death is less punishing but bashing your head against a wall is prohibitive.

And yes, some zones could really need another spirit healer. I chalk those up not to some strict design philosophy by the original devs but simply to the fact that the game was on crunch time near release. Pretty sure that with another year of development time they would have optimized both the graveyard locations and the flight routes some more.

Lipidus

Post by Lipidus » Thu May 25, 2023 11:37 am

hey guys. I did a half year break and iam back again.

Unfortunately some of those issues still exist.
Iam writing this while iam ghostwalking in Tanaris from Gadgetzan to The Gamping Chasm, over the whole region....
Another Spirithealer in the south would be great.

cheers.

Lightbloom

Post by Lightbloom » Thu May 25, 2023 12:38 pm

I am on board with your idea about spirithealers. All other changes I am against for reasons states above: what dis years of QoL changes to retail wow?
HC - RIP - Melotonia - level 34 Undead priest
HC - RIP - Bloodflower - level 9 Night Elf priest
HC - RIP - Lightbloom - level 11 Night Elf priest
HC - Alive - Mulu - level 32 Night Elf priest

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Thu May 25, 2023 3:17 pm

They do need to add Spirit Healers to new locations. If you die in Powder Town (or in the questing zone) you end up having to run for 5-6 minutes which I am sure is not meant to be intended.

It feels like they forgot to consider the new questing zones for that.