PVP/PVE

Ugoboom

Re: PVP/PVE

Post by Ugoboom » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:21 am

Shagwell wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:44 pm
Theres a problem on the server right now I feel.

Im running WARMODE, pvp flag all the time right.
I have encountered this several times now, that non-flagged players, they just see you on low health, or that you are way lower level, then they flag and kill you. As they can choose to flag whenever they want, wich is a dogshit mechanic if you ask me.
They always get the advantage when you cant attack them.

So to the suggestion to make the server more playable:

Force them to flag in major cities, they shouldnt have the option to flag when they want, or else whats the purpose, just make it a full pve andy server.
if you dont wanna be griefed, don't turn on the grief-me mode

simple as
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Jeannine - Leveling Undead Warlock
Cenaria - Leveling Resto Dryad

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:27 am

Shagwell wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:50 pm
Kazgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:39 pm
Thats the risk you take for the increased xp buff.
Like i said, i wouldnt mind if they were pvp flagged when they came ganking, but i assume that went past ur shrimp brain

Id like to point out that while they can turn pvp on demand, they cant turn it off unless being in a friendly city and not doing any pvp action for some time. So you have your time to go and take revenge.

Mcnair

Post by Mcnair » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:53 am

I don't think you thought this through very well. What would then happen if a non-flagged player gets attacked by a city guard from the opposite faction? Will they be unable to defend themselves? Will they be allowed to kill the NPCs without getting flagged themsleves? If someone sees a PvP fight, will they be unable to interfere/defend their side? If so, this might even make ganking worse, as the ganker will have a serious advantage as noone near will ever be able to interfere in what they are doing. And so on, there are way more issues with your proposal than one would think at first glance.