Hardcore "tent-party" Funerals, Ghosts, Tombstones, Passing on

Mativh

Hardcore "tent-party" Funerals, Ghosts, Tombstones, Passing on

Post by Mativh » Sun May 15, 2022 3:03 pm

1. After level 10, allow players to remain in the world after death as ghosts

It would be nice if we could say goodbye etc as we get quite attached to our HC chars. There could be also dead-only RP abilities that could be used on living players, like "Spook" or "Eerie Presence" that would be displayed as a debuff.

2. Pass on from ghost to perma logged out by choice

As ghosts, an option to speak to the Mysterious Stranger again, who has said when we accepted the quest that "Should you die, your soul will forever be mine", or perhaps the Spirit Healer to "pass on / go beyond" and only then get logged out for good without being able to remain as a ghost

3. Tombstones after death

When we die in hardcore after level 10, either a tombstone would appear at the place of death for a period of time (hours or days), (with the name, race, class and level displayed if a living player clicks on it or hovers over it), or at the graveyards;
There are many graveyards in Azeroth with a handful of unnamed tombstones in each of them, they could be used as the tombstones of deceased hardcore characters, the nearest free tombstone in a graveyard could get assigned to us at the tome of death.
Or when we talk to the Mysterious Stranger/Spirit Healer, all the unused tombstones become selectable so as ghosts we choose one.

(The graveyard having real players buried in them sound interesting on one hand, on the other it could perhaps take away from the lore for the sake of MMO mechanics, which I'm not a big fan of, so perhaps the tombstones generated at the place of death, or new ones near the graveyards could be a better option)

4. Funerals similar to the social gathering under tents

For the sake of immersion and roleplay, there could be something implemented to be able to have funerals as hardcore players, like a living player could collect the remains that would be at the place of death, and deliver them to an NPC that is a spiritual leader of the race of the deceased (an orc shaman, an undead shadow priest) at a graveyard, then the NPC would say a script with the name of the dead one replaced like in quest texts, perhaps other replaceable info like what caused the death or where, then a tombstone appears in the graveyard like in the previous suggestion, then a little feast would appear nearby. The time spent on the funeral would provide a minor buff or something like a tent xp boost to incetivize socializing. Of course the players can already organise such activities with a little bit of imagination but I think this would be a memorable activity and make the perma death feel more significant in the community.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Arthos777

Re: Hardcore "tent-party" Funerals, Ghosts, Tombstones, Passing on

Post by Arthos777 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:05 pm

I love these ideas. I would have loved to stayed around for a little while talking to others and sharing the details on how I died.

Arthos777

Post by Arthos777 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:15 pm

Hey, you might consider also posting these suggestions in the Hardcore Lounge.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:11 pm

These sound fun, I'm in support of this

Tamamo-no-Bae

Post by Tamamo-no-Bae » Tue May 17, 2022 11:16 am

Those are some good ideas, yeah I support this!

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Wed May 18, 2022 12:18 am

I support this amazing idea :D

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Thu May 19, 2022 2:42 pm

The player who would collect the remains of a deceased hardcore player could receive honor points for delivering them to the funeral NPC.

It makes sense RP-wise that such activities would increase ones honor, not only killing enemy players.

(Perhaps the collection should be restricted to the players of the same faction and some other limits like the amount of honor being symbolic, so there is no incentive to get someone killed in order to gain honor for delivering the remains.)
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB