Battleground Queue Rework

Pawpaw

Battleground Queue Rework

Post by Pawpaw » Thu May 12, 2022 12:15 pm

Greetings all,

I suggest we rework the battleground queue to only allow players to join on a 1 per 1 basis - meaning it only allows additional players to join when the teams are balanced in numbers.

(i.e. if there are 5 players in the battleground for each side with 10 players in the Alliance queue and 2 players in the Horde queue, only one players from each team will be offered an invitation to join. If both join, bringing each side up to 6, the next pair is offered an invitation)

Here on turtle we have always had some minor problems with people signing up their alts to get battleground queues to pop, leaving one side (particularly the less populated horde side) at a significant disadvantage.

This morning alone I saw a 5vs7 WSG, and two 1 vs 4 AB, all within 20 minutes. When I stopped queueing it was all 0 horde vs 2-4 alliance battles. It has gotten out of hand.

With this solution, at the very least, this would force the repeat offenders to actually join the battlegrounds and reveal their names so we can report them.

I hate that it has come to this, since I really like playing on turtle-wow, but battlegrounds is an important fun passtime for myself and many others, and it has become extremely unpleasant/demotivating/pointless thanks to this abuse.

Best regards