A Cure for Undeath

Aquino

A Cure for Undeath

Post by Aquino » Thu May 12, 2022 11:23 am

Hello, it's my first time here in the forum so i am not sure if this is the right place for this post. Anyway, I will tell what it is about.

During my questing as Forsaken and Troll Shaman, also my readings about vanilla lore, I noticed that the Forsaken joined the Horde because some tauren druids and the Earthen Ring thought they should help them with their conditition and cure the land they now live in. Though this is represented in Horde, especially shaman, quests like the Water totem and the one the Crossroads druid send you to silverpine to help his friend, on the Forsaken side it completely not there. I don't understand why no one in their society is interested in curing their horrible condition, even to just keep appearences to the Horde. My suggestion is a solution for 2 problems.

1- Adding some quests of Forsaken interested in finding a cure by working with the druids and shamans. That would add diversity to the faction, akin to shamans and warlocks in orc society having their place even if it generates intrigue.

2- There is a gap in the questing on Lordaeron that forces you to go to the Barrens or Ashenvale at arround lvl 25. Simply there is not enough quests until you hit 30. I think leveling would go smother lorewise if the forsaken player is "introducet" to the Horde only in the Arathi Questing. So my suggestion is the added countent i mentioned should be arround lvl 25-30 to fill this gap.

That's it. Comment bellow if you like my idea. If you do we can discuss how these quests would be :)

PS: That could even be a justification to add a shamans trainer somewhere in the Forsaken territory. If not, you could add them on Hammerfall or in Revantusk Village. But in my opinion, a shaman guy in Undercity with unique dialogue and a brief history would be very cool.

Allwynd01

Re: A Cure for Undeath

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:29 pm

It's a good idea.

Augustfenix85

Post by Augustfenix85 » Fri May 13, 2022 3:13 pm

Sounds like a great idea. There are very little Shaman or Druid interaction with the forsaken . Having to go back to Kalimdor over and over in between from questing in the Eastern Kingdoms gets tiring.
Duvall
Velissa
Calmore
Malcore
Splodax

Kaporalhart

Post by Kaporalhart » Fri May 13, 2022 3:59 pm

In WoW lore, undeath = you're fucked forever, including in the afterlife. That's the whole shtick with sylvanas by the way, when she dies for the second time, she goes to the maw in the shadowlands and realises that the afterlife once you've been undead sucks HARD.

But we don't have to follow the lore here. Right now, sylvanas is still an opportunist that sees the forsakens as "arrows in her quiver". She's using them. It could be cool to have quests showing that she actually cares for her people, and not only herself, so we can have an actual grey area.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:33 am

Kaporalhart wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:59 pm
In WoW lore, undeath = you're fucked forever, including in the afterlife. That's the whole shtick with sylvanas by the way, when she dies for the second time, she goes to the maw in the shadowlands and realises that the afterlife once you've been undead sucks HARD.

But we don't have to follow the lore here. Right now, sylvanas is still an opportunist that sees the forsakens as "arrows in her quiver". She's using them. It could be cool to have quests showing that she actually cares for her people, and not only herself, so we can have an actual grey area.
But that's not really canonical. Activision has been developing lore around time sink and grinding mechanics, the story of Warcraft ended with Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. Nobody knows what happens after that. Vanilla WoW is the first and last version of WoW that is canon-friendly (to some extent), nothing after it should be taken as remotely true.

Aquino

Post by Aquino » Sat May 14, 2022 12:55 pm

Kaporalhart wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:59 pm

Well, they don't need to actually make progress on it, just try. I mean, would be very cool and would make much sense for an race of people plagued by the worst disease on game history to try to cure it. Like leprosy back then, we struggled with it for thousands of years before a guy came up with a simple cure. The cure for undeath doesn't need to be achieved in the game lore but not looking for it makes 0 sense to me. And it would be damn cool to be a Horde race actually doing quests to help the poor wretches.