Bloodsail Buccaneers Retreat

Daemonicas

Bloodsail Buccaneers Retreat

Post by Daemonicas » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:05 pm

I like being a rebel. I like the pirates life. I like to get drunk and sing songs or shove a shiv into someone's back when they try to steal me wench. I don't mind being wanted Kill on Sight by the hypocrite wussies of the Steamwheddle Cartel. Its the price you pay to live truly free without the constraints of law or government.

That being said, the Bloodsail Retreat is lacking the proper infrastructure to truly be independent. We have no profession trainers (a big deal if you need recipes from Steamweddle allied towns). No flight path (a pirate forced to swim is embarrassing)! No mail box, auction house, bank (there's an anvil but no forge)?!? Lastly I'm a Captain of a ship that cannot go anywhere. Allowing this ship to show up unexpectantly at ports and vanish just as fast would be great for the lore of piracy.

I can see what the developers are trying to do and I applaud that. Please keep us sea rats in mind and consider these humble additions along with more quests in the future to truly realize what it is to be a Bloodsail Buccaneer!

Captain Daemonicas

Exerty

Re: Bloodsail Buccaneers Retreat

Post by Exerty » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:07 pm

Ay aye captain. We need more booty and a bottle of finest rum.

Daemonicas

Post by Daemonicas » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:40 pm

Aye. We don't even have a quartermaster. What good is rep if there's no booty to show fer it?!?

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:51 am

You have a Quartermaster, he's just not by the ship.

The ship won't teleport anywhere, and the content for it it's not fully done yet, there's more plans for that area.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 pm

Seeing as we, by joining the faction, sacrifice several major transport routes, I second that there should be an FP or other means of transport for members of the faction to the Retreat.

EDIT: an alternative would be to add a sneaky way to the Flight points in Booty Bay. Perhaps allowing the player to jump down on the roof through a narrow mountain path above Booty Bay. That would be cool! It would be nice if the Bruiser standing next to the flight masters was moved somewhere else as well.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Gheor wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:51 am

The ship won't teleport anywhere, and the content for it it's not fully done yet, there's more plans for that area.
Sorry for double posting, but, Gheor, can you say anything regarding the transport additions? If the devs add nothing, the faction will remain forever useless as will any additional content added to it, sadly. (except for a few qs while lvling).

Furthermore, the dialog with Vil'do One-tusk should just, plain and simple, be removed as it more than implies that there IS an option to set sail for Feralas. I am sorry but I am kind of annoyed by the fact that the Devs think it's ok to ruin all access to Steamwheedle for zero gain or alternatives.
The least that could be done is a redemption quest, which allow the player to become neutral with Steamwheedle by slaughtering Bloodsail leaders again.
After all, we kill ONE agent for Bloodsail (Morgan) and suddenly everyone hates us, while killing hundreds of bloodsail is what reverses it.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:06 pm

It still on my list of priorities, I will take your suggestion to heart and present the issue to the rest of the narrative team so we can find a workaround for it, thank you for sharing your concern.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:13 pm

Thank you, and sorry if I came across as a bit rude. I know you guys gave a lot of work to do already :-)

Daddydeath

Post by Daddydeath » Thu May 09, 2024 6:43 pm

Gheor wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:06 pm
It still on my list of priorities, I will take your suggestion to heart and present the issue to the rest of the narrative team so we can find a workaround for it, thank you for sharing your concern.
Did literally anything ever come from this? Or are we still SOL 2 years later?
Edit: Sorry for necro. Didn't see the point of making a new post that essentially would just be a copy-paste of this one.

Goblinlover

Post by Goblinlover » Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 pm

Daddydeath wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:43 pm
Gheor wrote:
Edit: Sorry for necro. Didn't see the point of making a new post that essentially would just be a copy-paste of this one.
no

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Thu May 09, 2024 9:51 pm

Gheor wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:51 am

There is a quartermaster but no way to get to exalted without getting banned for farming quest givers. Pls add some turn ins like run or gunpowder for rep. The quartermaster has lvl 45 blue Helms at exalted. Lol? You need to farm lvl 62 elites in booty Bay for the rep. This is kinda out of touch

Daddydeath

Post by Daddydeath » Fri May 10, 2024 12:59 am

Goblinlover wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 pm
Daddydeath wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:43 pm
Gheor wrote:
no
Damn. Was really hoping they would've at least come out with ANY news.