RP/PVP > RP/PVE - My honest pov

Qesley

RP/PVP > RP/PVE - My honest pov

Post by Qesley » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:41 am

I understand the motive behind making this server RP/PVE - You wanted to attract the PVE and RP population of wow but server growth seems to have come to a slow down. I think we can pick it up but it will be an effort consisting of making a lot of posts on reddit.

On the other hand I feel like switching to RP PVP might make the growth aspect much easier. Firstly the most popular vanilla server (LH) is pvp and has recently switched to much faster raid progression than it was first designed for, plus the server will not be around for much longer. They said they would close it as soon as classic came out.

Switching to RP/PVP might attract players who want to find a permanent vanilla home and in my view it rings truer to a RP server. Why would horde and alliance walk past each other without ever fighting?
Last edited by Qesley on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pigglebee

Re: RP/PVP > RP/PVE - My honest pov

Post by Pigglebee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:31 am

I'm glad I finally found a WoW pserver where I am not constantly ganked when I enter a contested zone. I want to PvP when I want to and not when others want to. This server provides me that.

Northdale is a toxic PvP hell. I'd rather not see that come over here. It's about questing at turtle pace after all, not constantly watching your back while doing it.
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Broglin

Post by Broglin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:32 am

I would be concerned that it will attract those players that don't care about level gaps, that will get their fun killing the opposition. I have been on plenty of servers where pvp is the norm (and there are servers for those players still) and can honestly say that it can kill the urge to play when you want to quest and someone just kills you over and over making your resurrection time longer and longer. I find no fun in that aspect. I hope we stay as PvE over PvP, I know if it goes towards the 'ganking' decision then myself and family will be off elsewhere.

Qesley

Post by Qesley » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:22 am

Good points Pigglebee and Broglin. I agree the LH PvP was toxic as hell but its also important to note that the server was unnaturally huge. Actually its notoriety as the most popular server means it attracts the most hardcore PVP'ers so a server like Turtle wow wont have to worry about that kind of ganking.

Another point I think is important is that the server could explicitly state high level ganking of lowbies is not allowed, and with player made reports this could be enforced. Again,this server wont be massively huge so this feat should be entirely doable and I dont think much enforcement would be required anyway when there will be such explicit warnings.

How would you feel about the PVP if the criteria I listed were met?

Pigglebee

Post by Pigglebee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:07 am

It would still not solve the problem that if I want to quest in STV and not be involved in PvP, I cannot do so. Because any moment someone of the other faction sees me at low health and can kill me at a whim. Or a group of them feels I am in their quest zone. So then I have to get my own group or go quest somewhere else.

It's just no fun for PvE-players. It takes time & effort . It's just not for everybody. I've played on PVP, RP PvP most of my WoW career and a very small part on PvE. And now I've decided to stick to PvE.

If this server is turned to PvP, I will leave. Maybe it will attract 10 PvPers for every PvEer leaving. But maybe it won't.

But there's this PvP toggle you can turn on if you want to be open to world PvP. Solves most problems. Why don't you do that and see what happens? Since the population is so low, I'm sure it's easy to promote enabling that flag no? Roll an alt on the other side and go /4 to organize some world PvP.
[Pickles, lvl 60 Tauren druid]

Solanus

Post by Solanus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 pm

If this server is turned to PvP, I will leave. Maybe it will attract 10 PvPers for every PvEer leaving. But maybe it won't.
THIS.

I come to this server with some friends because i don't like PvP. Well, as someone say more upwards, i want to do pVp when i want to and not when a higher level wants to kill lowies. I know it is part of the rol but i don't buy it :D

Sorry for my english, i'm from Spain and i'm learning.

Jimase

Post by Jimase » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 pm

well you can do everything, just do a PVPPVERP you have it all together and for those who don't want pvp, disable it and you good

Xdrazen

Post by Xdrazen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Sorry, but I feel the same, leave us quest and pve in peace and not paranoid with the world pvp... If you ran you can enable it or go bgs

Broglin

Post by Broglin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:23 am

I'll just say this, I came to this server because it was PvE and RP based, I'm sure I'm not the only one, and I'm hoping that includes you Qesley, so why the hell would we want the thing that attracted us to change? Are we low population compared to other servers? Yes. Did I expect it to be so? Of course, the server model is going to appeal to a certain style (and age) of player. A small population like this means we become a community and that leads to friendship and a fun time spent online. And that is why I am here.

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am

To me, it seems that most pservers are PVP only because the original server-cores had it hardcoded by default, and the next generations of developers could not figure out how to toggle this feature.
There's still plenty of PVP servers for any expansion, so why make Yet Another One?

"If you want a bloody curry, go to bloody India; and this is bloody Cornwall", as an old friend once said to me.

PVE FTW!

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 pm

transition to PvP simply won't happen.

These guys made server exactly as they wanted. Such topic is probably discussed trillion times before the idea to start the server was officially on the table.

IF... IF... it ever becomes a thing, it's gonna be new server launch with RP/PvP label, but I have serious doubts these guys have ambitions to grow that HUGE.

That lack of ambition can be costly and I think they should always strive for more, but even if they start working on server reputation and promotion I don't think we will see pvp labeled realm here anytime soon.

Discussing this topic here, without any offense to anyone, is pure waste of time and energy.

It
won't
happen
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Ironpanda

Post by Ironpanda » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:31 am

Also, keep in mind, from a lore perspective at this point in the game, the horde and alliance aren't technically at war. There are skirmishes and there is fighting going on yeah, but it's more like a cold war until Cataclysm. From an RP perspective at this point in time, I'd say go the other way entirely. Make it so that you can communicate with members of the other faction, but not be able to group up with them of course, that's too much of a difference.

But from there, if you see an orc crossing your path, you could be just as likely to trade insults with them and fight to the death, or even work together for a common goal against a more immediate threat if one exists.

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:07 pm

PvE servers never had sense in my book.

I will never understand the logic behind it and none will ever get me to say "yes, it's good". It's not and it's stupid. Period.

There is reason why in WoW movie horde FIGHTS alliance and not walking past it saying : "Cmon dude, type /pvp
on smiling_turtle_head "

I do understand the need for such servers commercially, as not everybody is willing to cope with world pvp and proper man's gameplay which this game is designed for. I understand this RP/PvE label to some extent, maybe staff guys just want to cater to such players... maybe.

I see it as small lack of ambition too, as pvp label would probably get around 300 players so far. But that doesn't have to be the case.

PvP community can get toxic but that's the part of vanilla community. War is toxic shit and vanilla is all about world pvp.

Server label + some of it's immersion breakers were the biggest drawback for me and it took me long time to make myself start a character here.

I'm pure pvp player, even tho I'm far from most skilled guy out there, yet I play here on pve realm. Why?

- super hardcore leveling rates (biggest and best feature that got me here)
- unique scrapped professions (disguise, khadgar's unlocking and what's about to come)
- pure FACT that RP/PvE label will attract mature and friendly players with 99% certanity... (there are always exceptions like that beeeep xdrazen)

Those three mentioned above are what's gonna keep me here even though I despise pve realms.
I walk with /pvp on 100% of time and I encourage every single pvper to make a /pvp on macro and just click it when you log in. Simple, easy and fights for our "pvp rights" hiding_smth_turtle_head

Conclusion... complain and suggest as much as you want i think TurtleWoW will never be pvp realm. For me it's "Take it or leave it."

just my 546 cents...

EDIT: I just realized someone fkn necroed this topic. Good to see that my opinion hasn't changed happy_turtle
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link