Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

User avatar
Ugoboom
Posts: 35

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:06 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:28 am
Back on the topic though. Restrictions on weapon type are absolutely in line with PvP, lore and gameplay reasons. PvP shouldn't bring any advantage with transmogrification since some classes got a weapon type specs and weapon type perks within either class or talent trees. Same for armor. Rogue might look like he's wearing all those spell based gear or just have it transmogged to take advantage of your falsely based actions… Therefore type restrictions are necessary.
If this is the case, please remove noggenfogger and deviate delights from PVP, and remove any and all armor transmog. I can currently xmog my t3 into looking like t0 fresh 60 clown armor, and fake a player into thinking I'm not statted up.

But the staff won't, because that's silly, and so is your argument. The only weapon spec that actually has significant gameplay difference is mace spec, and the moment you get hit with a stun with the mace icon debuff, youll remember that guy has mace spec active and you'll just remember that of the guy. and it's not an issue at all. Sword axe and polearm spec don't really change how you approach and deal with a player, all 3 are capable of a low % chance of high burst. People will just prepare for the worst and expect sword spec, and all is fine. These are all tiny tiny implications in PVP that you are defending for massive disappointment for PVE and RPers.

I know it's a big ask for the technical implementation, but I'd settle for xmog disabled in PVP.

Just, whatever it takes, let the people enhance their enjoyment of RP and PVE, please, just as we were able to do 1.5 years ago.
Mac wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:39 am
The advantage you're scared transmogrification might give players in PVP can already be obtained through a turtle store bought illusion.
Illusions don't work in PVP, this isnt a good argument unfortunately
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Jeannine - Leveling Undead Warlock
Cenaria - Leveling Resto Dryad

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 937

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Sinrek » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:35 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:06 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:28 am
Back on the topic though. Restrictions on weapon type are absolutely in line with PvP, lore and gameplay reasons. PvP shouldn't bring any advantage with transmogrification since some classes got a weapon type specs and weapon type perks within either class or talent trees. Same for armor. Rogue might look like he's wearing all those spell based gear or just have it transmogged to take advantage of your falsely based actions… Therefore type restrictions are necessary.
If this is the case, please remove noggenfogger and deviate delights from PVP, and remove any and all armor transmog. I can currently xmog my t3 into looking like t0 fresh 60 clown armor, and fake a player into thinking I'm not statted up.

But the staff won't, because that's silly, and so is your argument. The only weapon spec that actually has significant gameplay difference is mace spec, and the moment you get hit with a stun with the mace icon debuff, youll remember that guy has mace spec active and you'll just remember that of the guy. and it's not an issue at all. Sword axe and polearm spec don't really change how you approach and deal with a player, all 3 are capable of a low % chance of high burst. People will just prepare for the worst and expect sword spec, and all is fine. These are all tiny tiny implications in PVP that you are defending for massive disappointment for PVE and RPers.

I know it's a big ask for the technical implementation, but I'd settle for xmog disabled in PVP.

Just, whatever it takes, let the people enhance their enjoyment of RP and PVE, please, just as we were able to do 1.5 years ago.
Mac wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:39 am
The advantage you're scared transmogrification might give players in PVP can already be obtained through a turtle store bought illusion.
Illusions don't work in PVP, this isnt a good argument unfortunately
peepoThonk

Perhaps it'd be more viable to make all morph disabled for PvP tagged players then, eh?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Valadorn
Posts: 197

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Valadorn » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:37 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:35 pm
Ugoboom wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:06 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:28 am
Back on the topic though. Restrictions on weapon type are absolutely in line with PvP, lore and gameplay reasons. PvP shouldn't bring any advantage with transmogrification since some classes got a weapon type specs and weapon type perks within either class or talent trees. Same for armor. Rogue might look like he's wearing all those spell based gear or just have it transmogged to take advantage of your falsely based actions… Therefore type restrictions are necessary.
If this is the case, please remove noggenfogger and deviate delights from PVP, and remove any and all armor transmog. I can currently xmog my t3 into looking like t0 fresh 60 clown armor, and fake a player into thinking I'm not statted up.

But the staff won't, because that's silly, and so is your argument. The only weapon spec that actually has significant gameplay difference is mace spec, and the moment you get hit with a stun with the mace icon debuff, youll remember that guy has mace spec active and you'll just remember that of the guy. and it's not an issue at all. Sword axe and polearm spec don't really change how you approach and deal with a player, all 3 are capable of a low % chance of high burst. People will just prepare for the worst and expect sword spec, and all is fine. These are all tiny tiny implications in PVP that you are defending for massive disappointment for PVE and RPers.

I know it's a big ask for the technical implementation, but I'd settle for xmog disabled in PVP.

Just, whatever it takes, let the people enhance their enjoyment of RP and PVE, please, just as we were able to do 1.5 years ago.
Mac wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:39 am
The advantage you're scared transmogrification might give players in PVP can already be obtained through a turtle store bought illusion.
Illusions don't work in PVP, this isnt a good argument unfortunately
peepoThonk

Perhaps it'd be more viable to make all morph disabled for PvP tagged players then, eh?


PvP players like to look cool too, tho :(

Mac
Posts: 171

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:35 am

Ugoboom wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:06 pm
Illusions don't work in PVP, this isnt a good argument unfortunately
Are they disabled in battlegrounds? Because illusions definitely work in world PVP.

User avatar
Ugoboom
Posts: 35

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:19 am

Mac wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:35 am
Ugoboom wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:06 pm
Illusions don't work in PVP, this isnt a good argument unfortunately
Are they disabled in battlegrounds? Because illusions definitely work in world PVP.
yep. obviously Wpvp isnt of any concern to actually balance at all, it is purely organic, so illusions, an ideal unrestricted xmog, anything else should be totally valid there
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Jeannine - Leveling Undead Warlock
Cenaria - Leveling Resto Dryad

Dokkababecallme
Posts: 3

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Dokkababecallme » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:15 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:35 am
This problem exists for people who end up with a sword designated Mainhand and onehand, those two won't let you xmog over eachother even though they are identical in model usage!
Agreed, this one's bizarre. Look at Dal'Rend's arms: the mainhand and offhand are identical except for colour. Under the current transmog system, they're completely different types from each other, and incompatible with onehand swords.

The durability reset thing is annoying too, so hopefully that gets fixed eventually.

User avatar
Qixel
Posts: 190

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Qixel » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:05 am

Bumping for awareness. I've seen a couple threads pop up in regards to few things I addressed, so I figured it'd be worth pushing this back up.

Highlordxenu
Posts: 1

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Highlordxenu » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:58 pm

The fact that you can't transmog vests to robes and back again - ITEMS IN THE SAME CATEGORY - is ridiculous!

User avatar
Coun
Posts: 15

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Coun » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:04 pm

Highlordxenu wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:58 pm
The fact that you can't transmog vests to robes and back again - ITEMS IN THE SAME CATEGORY - is ridiculous!
As far as I'm aware that is not an intentional choice, but a technical limitation.

User avatar
Qixel
Posts: 190

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Qixel » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:30 am

I can confirm that you were able to transmog non-robes to robes under the old system. I was running a native robe on my warrior.

User avatar
Stoogeville
Posts: 6

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Stoogeville » Sun May 01, 2022 12:30 pm

I'm throwing my lot in here.

A lot of the reasoning for these kind of restrictions, as many of the developer-choices toward similar restrictions, are overly pedantic. Further still, many of them are very specific, and absolutely arbitrary. Why does it seem like pedantry runs so close to the server design?


Like I've mentioned in the discord (and been clearly side-stepped), I cannot even transmog a cloth robe into a cloth chestpiece, or vice-versa - which is the exact kind of situation that transmogs are designed to address! Follow this with the fact that some items actually cross over: vests that have certain robes as transmog choices, for instance.


I understand the need to have lore- and aesthetic-friendly restrictions within the game, but here are two counter-points:
  • This is not a silly server. It is very uncommon for people to do this!. The vast, vast majority of players seem to want these options in order to make their mogs WORK, and look RIGHT; not to make clown mogs. If there was ever a server you could trust people to be smart with their mogging, Turtle WoW is it.
  • There are already plenty of lore-unfriendly, aesthetic-unfriendly things everywhere! Nogginfogger elixirs, disguises, illusions... You can be a human pirate or worgen running around Orgrimmar, an ogre in Stormwind, or a gnoll sitting in Redridge tavern! What exactly are we preserving, at this point?

Trying to force an aesthetic value on this community, at this point, is absolutely foolish. Just give the players the choice, for goodness sake. This isn't a Blizzard project - you have the freedom to let players do the things they want, and we ought to have enough faith in the server culture to let go of our anxiety over these things. I just wish I wasn't always seeing devs and particular naysayers arguing against the simple, inoffensive wishes of the broader community.

Post Reply