Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Imagician

Re: Please lower or remove the restrictions on transmogrification.

Post by Imagician » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 pm

I fully agree with this. The ONLY counter-argument to not revert this is because of PvP.
For one - This isn't a PvP Server
Second - It's practically the same as using Noggenfoggers/Deviate Delights to already hide your gear, which is a thing in PvP.
I have a ton of Transmogs I can't do; Red Defias Mask has no item type, and the 'Hidden' items from when transmog used to be a thing a long time ago ONLY allows you to learn ONE of the 'hidden' items. (I have the full set, but because I learned the chest first, it's not allowing me to learn the other parts)
Fix items without an armor-type, aswell as lift the weapon/off-hand restrictions for transmog
Zoomer/Zoomies - 60 Rogue/Hunter

Drax

Post by Drax » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:27 pm

Yes to the lifting the restrictions. It stops you from creating your perfect transmog or makes you try to search for crappier pieces just because your gear is X and can't use Y in tmog. Stops you to RP as barbarians, just because your gear is plate and the no chest is cloth. Its stupid. Warriors are literally mix of Barbarian and Fighter classes from DnD. WoW's Warriors don't care what they wear as long as it works. Plate? Mail? Leather? Cloth? They don't care, aslong as it works for them in battle, 0 care.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:54 pm

[/quote]

What also breaks immersion is looking like an absolute clown when we should be some of the finest geared adventurers going up against old gods and scourge citadels.

[/quote]

Totally agree. AQ sets are mighty but ugly as hell. Same happen with some Epic weapoms
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Saurug

Post by Saurug » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Up.

Jubabuba

Post by Jubabuba » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 am

Yeah let anyone look how they want! if I see a warrior in cloth armor charging at me I would assume it is just a transmog and give my best and if he really wears just cloth then RIP brother. There a lot of simple addons that show the class color of your oponent thats all people have know in PvP most of the time.

Chnams

Post by Chnams » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:36 pm

Up, stop it with the "but muh PvP" argument, this is not a PvP server.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:15 am

Upping because I agree.
There's no reason for transmog to be as restrictive as it currently is, on an RP server no less.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 pm

You can tell what class a person is by mousing over them.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:57 am

Mac wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 pm
You can tell what class a person is by mousing over them.
Agreed, having classes dressed up in a specific way is stupid to begin with. Players are not children who need colors to tell them red is bad and blue is good.

A Warrior wearing cloth armor can be possible provided they can transmogrify their plate into cloth, but a caster, who can't wear anything other than cloth doesn't have that freedom and it sucks.

Restrictions are pointless if they don't benefit anything.

Toirto

Post by Toirto » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:32 pm

Hello this is Vargash
Ilmane told me to tell you that Ilmane approves and supports this post

Sincerly Vargash

PS: I support it too :)

Witch101

Post by Witch101 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:49 pm

Another benefit to having this is that this will encourage more dungeon runs happening. People will find more and more items that they want to get for a certain look. So will farm dungeons and raids repeatedly til achieved. Which will help the other players who just want the gear from them.

Badling

Post by Badling » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:52 pm

I also agree that a much more lenient approach to transmog would be more fun, and will make it more of a used system, as of now you can't do too much I feel and i agree completely with Engie on this point.

I would especially draw attention to weapons, the main hand offhand vs onehand restriction, There is no reason for it as far as i am concerned.

My next point on weapons is that i feel like you should be able to transmog weapon types freely aslong as your class can use them, an orc that wants to be a sword master or just loves swords but has to use them axes because of it's imba racial, same with a human who is stuck using swords but fancies them being an axe weilding berserker

And the last one, perhaps a way to unlock tier looks from other classes as a last resort, Female gnomes looks absolutely dashing in t2 paladin just so you all know!

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Cytonek

Post by Cytonek » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:48 pm

I approve as well, not as many low levels can transmog due to the high restrictions. Would be nice to be able to pay for mogs with silver!

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:15 am

Definitely agree with the above. I was shocked when I checked the quest requirements at near max level.

Coun

Post by Coun » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:52 am

Let me start with saying that we have seen your complaints and this topic has also been discussed a lot within the team. What I can say at this time is that transmog restrictions will be reevaluated at some point in the probably-not-so-far-future (just as everything else that we receive feedback on). Please keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily mean they will also be changed.

That said, I would like to make clear that the discussion features at least three components that can and should be treated separately because they differ in controversy:

1) Armor type restrictions
That means the +1/-1 armor type restriction that is currently in place. It does not mean that you cannot transmog armor of a type your character isn't able to equip. The latter will very likely never change. Instead, removing that restriction would allow e.g. shamans to transmog mail pieces with cloth or paladins to transmog their cloth pieces with plate.

2) Weapon type restrictions
This means that weapons can only be transmogged with weapons of the same type. From what I can tell, this is a lot more controversial than armor types due to various reasons. If weapon type restrictions would be removed, however, this would only allow the following cross-type transmogs: 1H-Axe<->1H-Sword<->1H-Mace and 2H-Axe<->2H-Sword<->2H-Mace. The reason for this is that those are the only types that share the same swing animations. To be more specific: You wouldn't be able to transmog a dagger with a 1H-Sword or a polearm with a staff, because those have different swing animations.

3) Transmog costs
This means the money/time invest needed for a single transmog coin.

If you could give your opinions on each of those points separately, I think that would be very helpful.

Monmothma21

Post by Monmothma21 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:20 am

Spark wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:52 am
If you could give your opinions on each of those points separately, I think that would be very helpful.
1)Allowing to transmog X-type in to Y-type is ok for as long as your character can wear those types. You should be able to transmog in to everything your character has proficiency to wear. It will limit some classes alot in what they can do, but, meh? You can try and add more transmog-specific gear later to compensate for it. Like some kind of lvl 1 cloth gear made specificly for transmoging purposes, with unique model. Or, if you can/want/have means to, add a way to convert some of the existing equipment in to transmog material by breaking it? It could even be its very own dedicated profession?

2)Are there some kind of hard technical limitations in this client that prevents you from doing/forcing changes anyway? Or it will just look silly? Ive seen transmog on other servers where they force animations to change, depending on whatever your weapon is transmog-ed in to. Some times it works, some times it uses wrong animations, but in my experience it looked ok. If there is some kind of technical limitations that will break the game if you force it, they yes, limiting it would be the only way. But if it will just look silly - imo, let it happen.

3)For as long as its not (in any way or form) gated by donor shop - im personaly up to whatever. A lot of servers make it in to pay-to-get feature, which is understandable but sad. Having the ability to get them by playing the game is great.
English is not my first language, not even second or third. Brace yourselves. sad_turtle

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:23 am

Spark wrote:
Let me start with saying that we have seen your complaints and this topic has also been discussed a lot within the team. What I can say at this time is that transmog restrictions will be reevaluated at some point in the probably-not-so-far-future (just as everything else that we receive feedback on). Please keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily mean they will also be changed.

That said, I would like to make clear that the discussion features at least three components that can and should be treated separately because they differ in controversy:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread. I hope that the eventual decision will be favorable.
1) Armor type restrictions
That means the +1/-1 armor type restriction that is currently in place. It does not mean that you cannot transmog armor of a type your character isn't able to equip. The latter will very likely never change. Instead, removing that restriction would allow e.g. shamans to transmog mail pieces with cloth or paladins to transmog their cloth pieces with plate.
The old system allowed for transmogging your armor to anything you had, and it posed no issues. It enabled lots of really fun ideas, from overhauls of expectations like offensive spell casting paladins, to a hood that fit the color scheme of a warrior's outfit. The idea that this "cannot" happen is flawed, to me, seeing as we already had it, and it was good. My position is to allow people to wear whatever they have. If we must discriminate against clothies, I would propose the ability to spend fashion coins (or even just like a bunch of gold) to unlock items you cannot equip as a work around.
2) Weapon type restrictions
This means that weapons can only be transmogged with weapons of the same type. From what I can tell, this is a lot more controversial than armor types due to various reasons. If weapon type restrictions would be removed, however, this would only allow the following cross-type transmogs: 1H-Axe<->1H-Sword<->1H-Mace and 2H-Axe<->2H-Sword<->2H-Mace. The reason for this is that those are the only types that share the same swing animations. To be more specific: You wouldn't be able to transmog a dagger with a 1H-Sword or a polearm with a staff, because those have different swing animations.
I feel that allowing people to transmog weapons that share an animation would be a great thing. For those unaware of what shares animations, the animation groups are as follows: [One Handed Sword/Mace/Axe], [Two Handed Sword/Mace/Axe], [Fist Weapons], [Daggers], [Polearms/Staves], [Guns/Crossbows (albeit they use different ammo)], and [Bow].
3) Transmog costs
This means the money/time invest needed for a single transmog coin.
Now that you can earn more than one coin a week, I feel that this is in a good spot. However, I would add back the ability to earn transmog coins at all levels. I will also reiterate my idea to spend transmog coins or gold to unlock appearances of items you cannot equip if we must limit the options of clothies.

Toirto

Post by Toirto » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:29 pm

Hello this is Vargash
Just have to say it is absolutely ridiculous that Holy Paladins can't transmog cloth to plate

Sincerly Vargash

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Toirto wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:29 pm
Hello this is Vargash
Just have to say it is absolutely ridiculous that Holy Paladins can't transmog cloth to plate

Sincerly Vargash
this tbh
E.R.

Chnams

Post by Chnams » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:17 pm

Spark wrote:

1) I personally think anyone should be able to transmog to any piece that they can equip. So a mage will only be able to transmog cloth, but a warrior can transmog everything from plate to cloth. I think it just makes the most sense.
2) I'm personally completely fine with mogging weapons into other weapons, and if the reason why some weapons
can't transmogged into others is animation issues, then there's not much we can do about it. Otherwise, weapons definitely should be moggable into other weapon types, as far as the animations will allow.
3) I think the cost for fashion tokens is very steep and it just gets higher and higher as you level. I think it'd be nice if it worked like DMF coupons, where you can turn in a few low level items for 1 coin, higher level items for 2 coins, higher still for 3 coins, etc. Cap it at 5 coins for a collection of lvl 50-60 items. Basically, with better materials you get more coins, but obviously those materials can be harder to find because they're higher level, just like the darkmoon faire tokens. Hopefully I'm not being too confusing with my description :D