Dungeon Idea: Oracle Caverns

Arduron

Dungeon Idea: Oracle Caverns

Post by Arduron » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:03 pm

In the WC3 Campaign for the Orcs, they explore a mystical cave up on stonetalon's peak where an Oracle once lived according to the Tauren. although Medivh seems to have used the rumors to get the Alliance and Horde leaders there, it would still be a cool dungeon/area to explore.

It had old ruins which might be night elven there, what with Azsune being there and could have other denizens in it that have been lurking in there. The Peak is fairly bare and could have an entrance placed in an area safe for both factions to enter.

You could have both Tauren and Night Elves interested in the old site with maybe some Explorer's league/Sparkwater Goblin interest thrown in for quest givers.

You'd enter in and it's a fairly normal cavern area like Wailing Caverns but it opens up into the split pathways and could have either Lower Oracle Caves & Upper Oracle Caves ala BRS, or maybe make it a where a 10 man group splits up for the first part and have to activate switches that open up doorways so the groups can rejoin to finish the dungeon. A 5 man could do it, but just have to double back to the path they didn't go down to unlock the gate.

On one path you'd have elementals going wild with a large one as a boss. Could be stone or fire. After that you'd have a Venture Co team of goblins and maybe kobolds who are trying to get into the Oracle chambers. You defeat them to get to a dynamite plunger to blow some doors open.
On the opposing path you'd have Harpies and a cool arena could be a cave opening out onto a cliff where the harpies have made their nest overlooking stonetalon or the veiled sea. Past them would be perhaps the Cult of the Dark Strand trying to take control over the Oracle for the Shadow Council and they've raised the spirits of the dead and you have to defeat them to turn the spirit bridge on. Beyond that you have the Statue of Azsune as the boss to protect the oracle chambers which are now night elf ruins inside the mountain past the outer cave area. If not her then perhaps a dragon trying to reclaim her stone heart.

After you get through her area you find the actual oracle room where medivh met the leaders and the original oracle the legends spoke of is there in a place of pools, like the Pools of Vision in Thunder Bluff. Perhaps the Oracle was never a person or being but the pools themselves and the final boss is a slime monster that the corrupted oracle waters have become that you have to defeat to cleanse it.

I dunno I just feel like the Oracle Caves should be a thing in Stonetalon, since it's still a fairly lonely zone with not too much going on but it's where the Alliance and Horde came together for the first time.

For level range, my idea was low-mid 40s? as perhaps a Kalimdor counterpart to Uldaman?

Pistol

Re: Dungeon Idea: Oracle Caverns

Post by Pistol » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:50 pm

I think it'd be great to have a Kalimdor counterpart to Uldaman, particularly one based off a map in WC3. If I were to have any suggestion, perhaps there could be a Harpy Rookery near one of the Entrances as I believe there were some in the WC3 map.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:51 pm

Man i loved this scenario. Sadly was a abandoned idea

A cool underground cavern filled with kobolds. Fire Salamanders and darker stuff in the deepest part (revenants and undeads)
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Pinacoolada

Post by Pinacoolada » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:05 pm

+1
The more the merrier

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:39 am

I agree, I don't know much as I didn't read most of the post, but I agree.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:54 am

Very good suggestion. Everything related to the epics of Warcraft 3 is a welcome addition in my opinion - as long as it is done well, goes without saying.

I agree that dividing the dungeon into two dungeons would be a good idea. They should be bound together in the same way as with the Scarlet Key (you have to dungeon A to complete dungeon B). The 5 man dungeon should, in my opinion, be a lvl 50-60 instance (at lvl 50 dungeons are few and far between - only The Sunken Temple is really a thing until BRD.)

The second dungeon would be the 10 man raid as you suggest, but, I'd suggest, with a lvl range of 56-60 instead of UBRS' 58-60.

I think the design should be varied with several different biotopes (just as in WC3): forest, mushroom forest, lava, and the ruins with traps that Cairne and Thrall encounter at the end.

Exerty

Post by Exerty » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:43 am

Sounds really good i am always up for more WC3 inspired stuff.

Atazs

Post by Atazs » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:44 pm

Pistol wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:50 pm
I think it'd be great to have a Kalimdor counterpart to Uldaman, particularly one based off a map in WC3. If I were to have any suggestion, perhaps there could be a Harpy Rookery near one of the Entrances as I believe there were some in the WC3 map.
That should be under the Bael Modan dig in the Barrens. There is even an instance portal of sorts there behind a door.

Anyway it should be 40-50 as only SM Cathedral and ZF is 40-50...

Lorencor

Post by Lorencor » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:35 am

+1
Fixxer

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:26 am

+1

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:50 pm