High Elven district in Stormwind

Dickeradieschen

High Elven district in Stormwind

Post by Dickeradieschen » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:49 am

Since the harbour was added to Stormwind, there is now a perfect spot, right above cathedral square, for an elvish district.

Maybe in the future, we could help building it?

Gheor

Re: High Elven district in Stormwind

Post by Gheor » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:41 am

Little Silvermoon already exists, although true, very little.

Who knows, maybe.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Thanerus

Post by Thanerus » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:14 pm

I actually like this idea a lot. Gives them a bit more room to breathe. Nothing too fancy just make little silvermoon over there and add some more buildings and npcs.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:34 pm

The area where currently the High Elves reside could be slightly expanded, maybe get a basement level, because there is already nothing there and there is already a pretty large empty space between Stormwind's floor and where the actual ground is.

Or another idea - the Park or whatever it was called that they added in Cataclysm, which was a relatively open area behind the Docks and Dwarven DIstrict could be given a slight makeover and some High Elven architecture, with its own Inn, Mailbox, and other basic services to make it a desirable point for Hearthstone and add a little bit of variety as opposed to everyone setting their Hearthstone to the Trade Disctrict.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:09 am

I would honestly just prefer for the NPCs to get names. It messes with the immersion a bit to see every non-guard human with a name and then 5 people in a row named "High-Elf Refugee".

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:28 am

The would be neat. Could be like an overcrowded slums-type area since they're supposed to be refugees, sort of like the Elven Alienage in Dragon Age, but with magical elements mixed in.

I'd also like to see the blank zone north of Stormwind, south of Dun Morogh become a real zone if possible. I think it's called Stormwind Mountains or something like that according to the tabletop games.

Jubling

Post by Jubling » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Gheor wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:41 am

Who knows, maybe.
I actually was a little disappointed to see Little Silvermoon, that alleyway was always a great RP hub, especially for clandestine meetings e.g. defias or similar criminal/rogueish RP, and it's now chock full of NPCs.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:07 am

Jubling wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:07 pm
Gheor wrote:

Who knows, maybe.
I actually was a little disappointed to see Little Silvermoon, that alleyway was always a great RP hub, especially for clandestine meetings e.g. defias or similar criminal/rogueish RP, and it's now chock full of NPCs.
What stops you from using the one in the Old Town?
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:48 am

Perhaps they could be given an area in the stormwind harbor, that would solve both increase high elf presence in the city as well as solve the issue of the barren harbor

Jubling

Post by Jubling » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:04 am

Gheor wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:07 am
Jubling wrote:
Gheor wrote:

Who knows, maybe.
Nothing, I'm just saying that historically it was a very useful area. The Alley Little SIlvermoon occupies was always completely empty, the alley in Old Town holds a quest NPC and sees a bit more through traffic of people not actively RPing.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:18 pm

Jubling wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:04 am
Gheor wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:07 am
Jubling wrote:

Nothing, I'm just saying that historically it was a very useful area. The Alley Little SIlvermoon occupies was always completely empty, the alley in Old Town holds a quest NPC and sees a bit more through traffic of people not actively RPing.
The future Is now, old man. Let the high elves live in peace.