Draenei

Gheor

Re: Draenei

Post by Gheor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 am

Ah yes I wonder why we can't do that.

Oh wait, Rexxar is THE ONLY Mok'nathal in Azeroth.
A sheet of paper and a pen can give birth to many things.

Gheor

Kratos

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Gheor wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 am

We need to get him a gf asap to fix that problem

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 pm

Garish wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 am
i think that half ogre, rexxar like, is more appealing as the horde new race, "But half ogre is only a orc reskin"? yes, HE is just a slim human with long ears tho.

#swap goblins
It's oversimplification. In this case, dwarves are just bulky short humans, gnomes are very short humans, goblins are short tuskless orcs, etc.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:48 pm

Galendor wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 pm
Garish wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 am
i think that half ogre, rexxar like, is more appealing as the horde new race, "But half ogre is only a orc reskin"? yes, HE is just a slim human with long ears tho.

#swap goblins
It's oversimplification. In this case, dwarves are just bulky short humans, gnomes are very short humans, goblins are short tuskless orcs, etc.
Not only that but it doesn't work from a mechanical perspective.

High Elves are their own model/skeleton while Mok'nathal have the orc model/skeleton set at a 1.2 scale or whatever it was.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:15 am

Why not Lost One Draenei as an illusion purchasable from the Turtle Shop?

Zack32

Post by Zack32 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:55 am

Adding more races rather than giving the core existing races lore is a mistake. Besides why should the Zandalari join the Horde rather than remaining neutral?

Afaslizo

Post by Afaslizo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:36 pm

Zack32 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:55 am
Adding more races rather than giving the core existing races lore is a mistake. Besides why should the Zandalari join the Horde rather than remaining neutral?
Yeah, never understood that logic. Darkspear joining the Horde made sense because of the rescue story and their smallness. The Zandalari may not be at their height of power anymore as they need others to clean up Hakkar but they still have the spiritual authority above all Trolls and a city of solid gold while the Horde has tents and primitive buildings. Turning the Horde into a Zandalari client state would make more sense but at that level all ideas are outlandish.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:33 pm

Afaslizo wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:36 pm
Zack32 wrote:
Yeah, never understood that logic. Darkspear joining the Horde made sense because of the rescue story and their smallness. The Zandalari may not be at their height of power anymore as they need others to clean up Hakkar but they still have the spiritual authority above all Trolls and a city of solid gold while the Horde has tents and primitive buildings. Turning the Horde into a Zandalari client state would make more sense but at that level all ideas are outlandish.
I like the idea of Zandalari allying themselves with the Horde to have an influence on its politics in an attempt to make the Horde their buffer state. Zandalari are wise and ancient; there should't be a problem for them to take over the Horde's leadership.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 pm

Gheor wrote:
Why is there a word for a race that there's only one of? That's just weird.

Zack32

Post by Zack32 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:46 am

Bayanni wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 pm
Gheor wrote:
Why is there a word for a race that there's only one of? That's just weird.
Because the others are in Outland

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:32 pm

Well, Rexxar is the only one on Azeroth, and we don't know of any others yet so you're right Bayanni.
A sheet of paper and a pen can give birth to many things.

Gheor

Kratos

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:06 pm

If Ogres are added can Shrek be added as a skin?

Garish

Post by Garish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:50 am

Gheor wrote:

In azeroth... If we get draenei for the ally, and outland zone, we can get a new deep lore for the mok'nathal and a new good race for the horde.
There is a village in the blades edge mountain tho.

Bigspliffa22

Post by Bigspliffa22 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:45 am

Zack32 wrote:
What they should do is add different variations for already existing races. Like Wildhammer Dwarves, Reventusk and Amani Trolls, Zandalari Trolls, Kul Tiras Humans, Mag'har Orcs and more to add variety.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 am

Garish wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:50 am
Gheor wrote:

In azeroth... If we get draenei for the ally, and outland zone, we can get a new deep lore for the mok'nathal and a new good race for the horde.
There is a village in the blades edge mountain tho.
I am quite sure that giving the Horde a slightly upscaled Orc (model-wise) compared to Alliance getting an actual new race with new models will do absolutely nothing for Faction Balance which is heavily skewed towards the Alliance as it is.

Zuesgold

Post by Zuesgold » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm

People need to do their research before posting about stuff as I have seen several replies that are full of inaccuracies

First off Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have a lot to do with the Draenei as they were both The speritrual leaders of the eredar race alongside prophet velen.

The eredar were the original Draenei until Sargaras came and split the eredar Race Apart resulting in Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and half of the eredar race becoming Demons while Velen and the eredar who refused to follow Sargaras Became the Draenei

The Broken and the Draenei are also related Lore wise because the Broken are Draenei who become mutated due to exposer to fell energy on Draenor

All these posts that say the Draenei have nothing to do with the Broken or Kil'jaeden, Archimonde are completely false so I wanted to set the record straight

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:35 am

Zuesgold wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm
People need to do their research before posting about stuff as I have seen several replies that are full of inaccuracies

First off Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have a lot to do with the Draenei as they were both The speritrual leaders of the eredar race alongside prophet velen.

The eredar were the original Draenei until Sargaras came and split the eredar Race Apart resulting in Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and half of the eredar race becoming Demons while Velen and the eredar who refused to follow Sargaras Became the Draenei

The Broken and the Draenei are also related Lore wise because the Broken are Draenei who become mutated due to exposer to fell energy on Draenor

All these posts that say the Draenei have nothing to do with the Broken or Kil'jaeden, Archimonde are completely false so I wanted to set the record straight
People are generally against the whole Whale-Faces were really Space-Goats thing because not everyone reads the books and extended lore, and the presentation of them in TBC was straight out of left field for a lot of people. Couple that with a lot of people actually wanting Whale-Faced stealthibois as a playable race and never getting it, instead getting something we haven't really seen represented in the games before (depending on your lore knowledge), and it's bound to turn out this way.

Personally, I'd want to know the timeline for the draenei being turned into the broken and if that was well before TBC or just a little before, because on the surface it seems like a retcon for the sake of class balance in their expansion rather than something they've had established for a while. Retcons in generally are very frowned upon, and this one happened to a somewhat loved bit of lore from the direct prequel to WoW.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:00 pm

Zuesgold wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm

You know that's TBC lore, right? And before that, even in Vanilla, there were zero sources mentioned that Eredars and Draenei are connected. There were no such things as "Broken" in Vanilla lore, too: Akama and his creepy yet charismatic brethren were only draenei in the world.

Sure, you can say that it's all irrelevant now - but, for better or worse, Turtle-WoW has its own lore based on WC3 & Vanilla information that contradicts heavily with Chronicles and/or any other later source.