Draenei

Galendor

Re: Draenei

Post by Galendor » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:47 pm

Shatterfury wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:16 pm
I stand by my suggestion done a long time ago: Draenei, the ones from WC3, with some minor model modification can work.
For the Horde we need the Zandalari Trolls, but with the new models. The lore from WC3 and Vanilla WoW that we have paints the image of working society based on learning, they are the Priestly and Caster faction of the whole Troll race.
The Ogres will not cut it for the Horde, they fit lorewise, but they will not bring any big number of Horde players. There was a big unbalance before the addition of the High Elves and the Goblins, it was exacerbated after that.

So the Alliance could use an ugly race and the Horde, well NOT an ugly race. The new model of the Zandalari has rough but noble appeal to it.

Hack, if the Zandalari would have been in the game, I would have one as a main, not a High Elf.
I agree with your point about Zandalari. Guess that night elf model with troll head can work for them(as a basis, of course).

But, from another side, what's the point for Zandalari to join the Horde?

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:32 pm

Galendor wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:47 pm
Shatterfury wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:16 pm
I stand by my suggestion done a long time ago: Draenei, the ones from WC3, with some minor model modification can work.
For the Horde we need the Zandalari Trolls, but with the new models. The lore from WC3 and Vanilla WoW that we have paints the image of working society based on learning, they are the Priestly and Caster faction of the whole Troll race.
The Ogres will not cut it for the Horde, they fit lorewise, but they will not bring any big number of Horde players. There was a big unbalance before the addition of the High Elves and the Goblins, it was exacerbated after that.

So the Alliance could use an ugly race and the Horde, well NOT an ugly race. The new model of the Zandalari has rough but noble appeal to it.

Hack, if the Zandalari would have been in the game, I would have one as a main, not a High Elf.
I agree with your point about Zandalari. Guess that night elf model with troll head can work for them(as a basis, of course).

But, from another side, what's the point for Zandalari to join the Horde?
The Zandalari model from retail wow is a bit too detailed to fit in with the lower quality vanilla wow content, but if the troll head, hands, and feet were placed on the body of a night elf then that may work so I think you're onto something

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:21 pm

The Zandalari were poorly written in BFA.

*Leaves.*
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:21 am

Galendor wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:20 pm
Kanto123 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm
Afaslizo wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:52 am

Furbolgs would be Alliance and Ogres Horde of course. Being based on the RTS Furbolgs are closer to Night Elves than any Horde race.

I think the Alliance needs races that have a more civilized and human-like nature to them; the Furbolgs I think are far too feral in their appearance and primitive in their culture to fit in.

I think there is an inherent difficulty in the aesthetic of the two factions, it's easier to add races to Horde than Alliance. The Horde needs anything that has a barbaric nature to it, which opens the doors for a wide variety of options. Quilboars, Ogres, Furbolgs, and Gnolls would all fit the design philosophy of the Horde. However, for the Alliance, there just aren't as many options like that. The races that fit the civilized aesthetic are already members of the Alliance. The only other race I can think of would be Pandaran, because despite being animals in appearance they have a more developed culture being based on China. My only problem with them is that they are goofy and hard to take seriously. As for Worgen, if anything I think they'd be a better match for the Horde but still I think that's not quite right.

I understand the issues people have with the Draenei, both Lore and Sci-fi reasons, but since there aren't other races that are a good fit who aren't already in the Alliance the Turtle developers are at an empasse where adding new races isn't very viable.
Although there is a difference between aestetics of the Alliance and the Horde, I can't agree with the statement that Furbolgs don't fit to the Alliance. The Night elves do not fit basic human vibe at all - but somehow this primal (in good meaning) race find a way to collaborate with industrial races of the Alliance (including tech-folks aka gnomes). And Furbolgs are, in common, good friends of kaldorei. Those who don't fall the victims of the corruption, are still allies of the elves. Of course, TBC isn't really correct example in Turtle-WoW, but I still should remember the Stillpine tribe that collaborate with new neighbours from Azuremyst.

The Horde, definitely, has much more freedom in accepting new races in their ranks without breaking "the vibe", but the Alliance has the right to non-human folks too, and Furbolgs are those rare people from Vanilla lore that perfectly fit to this role.

That doesn't mean, of course,that Furbolg race should be a real thing in Turtle-WoW. But if one day it comes true, they have a right to be among the races of the Alliance.
Spoke to someone I know that has been playing Wow since 04 and he confirmed Furbolgs fit better for Allaince, so ill concede that

I think Worgen would be a good fit to add for Horde. At first I was somewhat against it, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. As long as they are always in their wolf form, it would be nice to have another horde race in Eastern kingdom. They aren't ugly like Ogres, so it would better draw players to the faction

Garish

Post by Garish » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 am

i think that half ogre, rexxar like, is more appealing as the horde new race, "But half ogre is only a orc reskin"? yes, HE is just a slim human with long ears tho.

#swap goblins

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 am

Ah yes I wonder why we can't do that.

Oh wait, Rexxar is THE ONLY Mok'nathal in Azeroth.
-

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Gheor wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 am

We need to get him a gf asap to fix that problem

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 pm

Garish wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 am
i think that half ogre, rexxar like, is more appealing as the horde new race, "But half ogre is only a orc reskin"? yes, HE is just a slim human with long ears tho.

#swap goblins
It's oversimplification. In this case, dwarves are just bulky short humans, gnomes are very short humans, goblins are short tuskless orcs, etc.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:48 pm

Galendor wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 pm
Garish wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 am

#swap goblins
It's oversimplification. In this case, dwarves are just bulky short humans, gnomes are very short humans, goblins are short tuskless orcs, etc.
Not only that but it doesn't work from a mechanical perspective.

High Elves are their own model/skeleton while Mok'nathal have the orc model/skeleton set at a 1.2 scale or whatever it was.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:15 am

Why not Lost One Draenei as an illusion purchasable from the Turtle Shop?

Zack32

Post by Zack32 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:55 am

Adding more races rather than giving the core existing races lore is a mistake. Besides why should the Zandalari join the Horde rather than remaining neutral?

Afaslizo

Post by Afaslizo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:36 pm

Zack32 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:55 am
Adding more races rather than giving the core existing races lore is a mistake. Besides why should the Zandalari join the Horde rather than remaining neutral?
Yeah, never understood that logic. Darkspear joining the Horde made sense because of the rescue story and their smallness. The Zandalari may not be at their height of power anymore as they need others to clean up Hakkar but they still have the spiritual authority above all Trolls and a city of solid gold while the Horde has tents and primitive buildings. Turning the Horde into a Zandalari client state would make more sense but at that level all ideas are outlandish.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:33 pm

Afaslizo wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:36 pm
Zack32 wrote:
Yeah, never understood that logic. Darkspear joining the Horde made sense because of the rescue story and their smallness. The Zandalari may not be at their height of power anymore as they need others to clean up Hakkar but they still have the spiritual authority above all Trolls and a city of solid gold while the Horde has tents and primitive buildings. Turning the Horde into a Zandalari client state would make more sense but at that level all ideas are outlandish.
I like the idea of Zandalari allying themselves with the Horde to have an influence on its politics in an attempt to make the Horde their buffer state. Zandalari are wise and ancient; there should't be a problem for them to take over the Horde's leadership.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 pm

Gheor wrote:
Why is there a word for a race that there's only one of? That's just weird.

Zack32

Post by Zack32 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:46 am

Bayanni wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 pm
Gheor wrote:
Why is there a word for a race that there's only one of? That's just weird.
Because the others are in Outland

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:32 pm

Well, Rexxar is the only one on Azeroth, and we don't know of any others yet so you're right Bayanni.
-

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:06 pm

If Ogres are added can Shrek be added as a skin?

Garish

Post by Garish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:50 am

Gheor wrote:

In azeroth... If we get draenei for the ally, and outland zone, we can get a new deep lore for the mok'nathal and a new good race for the horde.
There is a village in the blades edge mountain tho.

Bigspliffa22

Post by Bigspliffa22 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:45 am

Zack32 wrote:
What they should do is add different variations for already existing races. Like Wildhammer Dwarves, Reventusk and Amani Trolls, Zandalari Trolls, Kul Tiras Humans, Mag'har Orcs and more to add variety.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 am

Garish wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:50 am
Gheor wrote:

In azeroth... If we get draenei for the ally, and outland zone, we can get a new deep lore for the mok'nathal and a new good race for the horde.
There is a village in the blades edge mountain tho.
I am quite sure that giving the Horde a slightly upscaled Orc (model-wise) compared to Alliance getting an actual new race with new models will do absolutely nothing for Faction Balance which is heavily skewed towards the Alliance as it is.

Zuesgold

Post by Zuesgold » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm

People need to do their research before posting about stuff as I have seen several replies that are full of inaccuracies

First off Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have a lot to do with the Draenei as they were both The speritrual leaders of the eredar race alongside prophet velen.

The eredar were the original Draenei until Sargaras came and split the eredar Race Apart resulting in Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and half of the eredar race becoming Demons while Velen and the eredar who refused to follow Sargaras Became the Draenei

The Broken and the Draenei are also related Lore wise because the Broken are Draenei who become mutated due to exposer to fell energy on Draenor

All these posts that say the Draenei have nothing to do with the Broken or Kil'jaeden, Archimonde are completely false so I wanted to set the record straight

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:35 am

Zuesgold wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm
People need to do their research before posting about stuff as I have seen several replies that are full of inaccuracies

First off Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have a lot to do with the Draenei as they were both The speritrual leaders of the eredar race alongside prophet velen.

The eredar were the original Draenei until Sargaras came and split the eredar Race Apart resulting in Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and half of the eredar race becoming Demons while Velen and the eredar who refused to follow Sargaras Became the Draenei

The Broken and the Draenei are also related Lore wise because the Broken are Draenei who become mutated due to exposer to fell energy on Draenor

All these posts that say the Draenei have nothing to do with the Broken or Kil'jaeden, Archimonde are completely false so I wanted to set the record straight
People are generally against the whole Whale-Faces were really Space-Goats thing because not everyone reads the books and extended lore, and the presentation of them in TBC was straight out of left field for a lot of people. Couple that with a lot of people actually wanting Whale-Faced stealthibois as a playable race and never getting it, instead getting something we haven't really seen represented in the games before (depending on your lore knowledge), and it's bound to turn out this way.

Personally, I'd want to know the timeline for the draenei being turned into the broken and if that was well before TBC or just a little before, because on the surface it seems like a retcon for the sake of class balance in their expansion rather than something they've had established for a while. Retcons in generally are very frowned upon, and this one happened to a somewhat loved bit of lore from the direct prequel to WoW.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:00 pm

Zuesgold wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm

You know that's TBC lore, right? And before that, even in Vanilla, there were zero sources mentioned that Eredars and Draenei are connected. There were no such things as "Broken" in Vanilla lore, too: Akama and his creepy yet charismatic brethren were only draenei in the world.

Sure, you can say that it's all irrelevant now - but, for better or worse, Turtle-WoW has its own lore based on WC3 & Vanilla information that contradicts heavily with Chronicles and/or any other later source.

Hawkknight

Post by Hawkknight » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:17 am

So pretty much the TBC Draenei are the New Alliance High Elf Race demand now in the Turtle Forums?

Another Cycle begins.

Junvahlok

Post by Junvahlok » Tue May 17, 2022 3:56 pm

In my opinion, the Eredar to Draenei connection is not a bad idea lorewise. Having a reason for the Broken being broken is cool and giving some backstory to the Eredar is cool. However, I think that's where things start to go off-course with the TBC Draenei lore.

I think Draenei would be an awesome race to add in, but they could be taken in a different direction that makes more sense. I like the "space goat" model of the Eredar myself and I personally think the best thing about it is that lots of people like it and it will be popular. But, just don't do the whole "space" part. Keep the goat, throw out the space.

I would say make the Draenei more tribalistic and give them to the Horde. No holy light, no naaru, no spaceship. But same character model as was in TBC. Yes, you could make Draenei the traditional Broken model, but I think the problem is that this won't help player count or faction balance. It's the same problem as with Ogres... it may make sense lorewise but they would be hard to implement and probably nobody would even play them. This is a big problem with most people's "lore-accurate" race suggestions. They simply would be a nightmare to add, they'd stick out as awkward and then nobody would play them anyways (or they make even less sense lorewise than Draenei). Draenei would be the opposite -- the model already exists and is liked.

Putting TBC character model Draenei on the Horde would probably immediately help balance the factions though and it would probably be a draw for more players. Just like High Elf is a big draw. Like it or not, TBC races were super popular and beloved. A rewritten Draenei story and a Draenei-Horde redemption arc could be a fun area to explore for storytelling and creativity.

Though, I'm not sure if more races are even wanted or needed. But this is just my opinion about the Draenei question for the sake of discussion.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue May 17, 2022 10:35 pm

Explorers discord posted Screenshots of a house in nowehrre with a fox and two anime girls.

Yes anime.

Add that alliance pls.

They are already in game anyway

I mean this unironically

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Wed May 18, 2022 9:33 pm

Chad wc3 draenei > virgin tbc draenei
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Thu May 19, 2022 1:20 am

So. According to some post-WoW lore, the Draenei apparently crash-landed on what would later become "Outland" 200 years before The First War. They were the ones who named the then-unnamed planet "Draenor". Apparently, they became acquainted with the orcs, exchanging shamanistic rituals, but mostly kept to themselves. Then after a bit, Gul'Dan corrupted the orcs into bloodthirsty savages, and those savages decided to slaughter the Draenei.
Thanks to the tainted magics surrounding the newly-made "green orcs", most of the Draenei survivors of the slaughter mutated into the Broken and Lost Ones, but a small band of them hid on the outskirts of Draenor, led by Prophet Velen. And then, uh, I guess nothing of consequence happened until the Alliance stepped through The Dark Portal and Ner'Zhul, in a fit of panic, tore open many more portals and accidentally ripped the planet apart. After that, though? The Blood Elves arrived, freed Illidan, met Akama, took over Tempest Keep, and even had time to sabotage the Exodar's trans-dimension warp drive… apparently. And that led to, you know, the Exodar crash-landing on Azuremyst Isle and permanently ruining it.

If we're talking strictly about pre-WoW lore – as in no ret-cons or re-writes – then there are no "space goat" Draenei. There is simply Akama and his ilk – the "Lost Ones" – whom have pledged loyalty to Illidan.
According to in-game lore, the Draenei and the Fel Orcs have been battling for "centuries", which was ret-conned with what I mentioned above. There's no mention whatsoever of the "uncorrupted" Draenei, or that such a thing even exists. As far as the Frozen Throne lore is concerned, but as pointed out by someone else here, Warcraft II stated that the draenei "had been present on Draenor since nearly five thousand years."
In that vein, according to the Warcraft RPG Manual of Monsters – which pre-dates The Burning Crusade by 5 years – Draenei lived with orcs on Draenor for "countless generations", but most of them died in the Dark Portal explosion. Some survivors wandered through the Dark Portal after that and called themselves "Lost Ones", and most of those eventually settled in the Swamp of Sorrows. It also mentions they mostly keep to themselves and mourn their former world, but also hate and kill orcs "whenever the opportunity arises", though no real reason is given in this context.

Now, all that being said… I don't think there's really any place in this game for either "version" of the Draenei to become playable. The lore-rending "space goat" version could be re-written to fit simply by focusing less on the "Draenei" angle and more on the "exiled ones" plot point, but they would have to either keep to themselves or become an Alliance race due to the deep hatred for the Fel Orcs and Blood Elves. Meanwhile, the pre-WoW version only served Illidan out of necessity and teamed up with Kael'thas and Lady Vashj for the same reason, but once they were able to settle their score with the orcs, Akama and his clan seemingly disappeared. (They were optional in "Curse of the Blood Elves" anyway…) But if that's not enough, here's a practical reason: there is no female model for the "Broken" Draenei. There was a model being worked on in the retail game, but it was just half of an untextured, modified female Tauren.

So, yeah. I guess if this were a vote, I'd say no to any form of Draenei becoming playable.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Thu May 19, 2022 3:54 pm

Let's use female draenei model as a base for female satyr model and make satyrs great again... I mean playable.

Aquino

Post by Aquino » Thu May 19, 2022 8:02 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:20 am
So. According to some post-WoW lore, the Draenei apparently crash-landed on what would later become "Outland" 200 years before The First War. They were the ones who named the then-unnamed planet "Draenor". Apparently, they became acquainted with the orcs, exchanging shamanistic rituals, but mostly kept to themselves. Then after a bit, Gul'Dan corrupted the orcs into bloodthirsty savages, and those savages decided to slaughter the Draenei.
Thanks to the tainted magics surrounding the newly-made "green orcs", most of the Draenei survivors of the slaughter mutated into the Broken and Lost Ones, but a small band of them hid on the outskirts of Draenor, led by Prophet Velen. And then, uh, I guess nothing of consequence happened until the Alliance stepped through The Dark Portal and Ner'Zhul, in a fit of panic, tore open many more portals and accidentally ripped the planet apart. After that, though? The Blood Elves arrived, freed Illidan, met Akama, took over Tempest Keep, and even had time to sabotage the Exodar's trans-dimension warp drive… apparently. And that led to, you know, the Exodar crash-landing on Azuremyst Isle and permanently ruining it.

If we're talking strictly about pre-WoW lore – as in no ret-cons or re-writes – then there are no "space goat" Draenei. There is simply Akama and his ilk – the "Lost Ones" – whom have pledged loyalty to Illidan.
According to in-game lore, the Draenei and the Fel Orcs have been battling for "centuries", which was ret-conned with what I mentioned above. There's no mention whatsoever of the "uncorrupted" Draenei, or that such a thing even exists. As far as the Frozen Throne lore is concerned, but as pointed out by someone else here, Warcraft II stated that the draenei "had been present on Draenor since nearly five thousand years."
In that vein, according to the Warcraft RPG Manual of Monsters – which pre-dates The Burning Crusade by 5 years – Draenei lived with orcs on Draenor for "countless generations", but most of them died in the Dark Portal explosion. Some survivors wandered through the Dark Portal after that and called themselves "Lost Ones", and most of those eventually settled in the Swamp of Sorrows. It also mentions they mostly keep to themselves and mourn their former world, but also hate and kill orcs "whenever the opportunity arises", though no real reason is given in this context.

Now, all that being said… I don't think there's really any place in this game for either "version" of the Draenei to become playable. The lore-rending "space goat" version could be re-written to fit simply by focusing less on the "Draenei" angle and more on the "exiled ones" plot point, but they would have to either keep to themselves or become an Alliance race due to the deep hatred for the Fel Orcs and Blood Elves. Meanwhile, the pre-WoW version only served Illidan out of necessity and teamed up with Kael'thas and Lady Vashj for the same reason, but once they were able to settle their score with the orcs, Akama and his clan seemingly disappeared. (They were optional in "Curse of the Blood Elves" anyway…) But if that's not enough, here's a practical reason: there is no female model for the "Broken" Draenei. There was a model being worked on in the retail game, but it was just half of an untextured, modified female Tauren.

So, yeah. I guess if this were a vote, I'd say no to any form of Draenei becoming playable.
I agree with you. Not to mention that they are not modeled for any type of armor. In my opinion, no playable race should be added. Let the Twow devs focus on worldbuilding, modeling new zones, factions and mechanics. There is no reason to have new races. I am for adding more variations to existing ones, like Kul Tirans and Guilneans or even the TBC forest troll model if possible. But what i really want is expansion of quests and zones. A reworked Outland, the addition of Quel'thalas as a warzone between Alliance High Elves and Forest Trolls with Vereesa and Zul'jin as leaders, Silvermoon for the alliance and Zul'aman for the Horde. Thats the kind of stuff we really need, not some massive work for adding controversial new races. I don't know about others, but i am in this server for Lore, good lore, not gameplay tools.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 pm

Aquino wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:02 pm
Jolikmc wrote:

I agree with you. Not to mention that they are not modeled for any type of armor. In my opinion, no playable race should be added. Let the Twow devs focus on worldbuilding, modeling new zones, factions and mechanics. There is no reason to have new races. I am for adding more variations to existing ones, like Kul Tirans and Guilneans or even the TBC forest troll model if possible. But what i really want is expansion of quests and zones. A reworked Outland, the addition of Quel'thalas as a warzone between Alliance High Elves and Forest Trolls with Vereesa and Zul'jin as leaders, Silvermoon for the alliance and Zul'aman for the Horde. Thats the kind of stuff we really need, not some massive work for adding controversial new races. I don't know about others, but i am in this server for Lore, good lore, not gameplay tools.
How do you think Outland should be implemented? I think they should take the zones from TBC, and alter any mobs/quests that are incompatible with vanilla/warcraft 3 lore; then, adjust the questing ranges to be within the 20-60 range.
i.e.
hellfire peninsula: 20-30
zangarmarsh: 30-40
terokkar forest 40-45
nagrand: 45-50
blades edge mountains: 50-55
shadowmoon valley 55-60
netherstorm: 55-60

Aquino

Post by Aquino » Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 pm

Kanto123 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 pm
Aquino wrote:
Jolikmc wrote:

How do you think Outland should be implemented? I think they should take the zones from TBC, and alter any mobs/quests that are incompatible with vanilla/warcraft 3 lore; then, adjust the questing ranges to be within the 20-60 range.
i.e.
terokkar forest 40-45
shadowmoon valley 55-60
I agree with you, but i think it should be for lvl 60, the entire zone. Would be cool, it would give a feel that thee planet is only for experienced heroes because it is very dangerous. It is basically what it is on TBC. But yes, it would be needed to have some reworked stuff to fit in the lore. Shattrat could be a neutral city ful of refugees like in TBC but not Draenei led. Just a "refugee city state" with a council of representatives of the races that live there. The Mag'har should remain the same at TBC. About Illidan and Vashj I think the way it went on TBC was fine, just expand a bit more on their reasons. About Kael and the blood elves, they could either be enemy to Horde and Alliance or neutral, just trying to survive in their new home after breaking with Illidan for some reason. A couple factions of neutral draenei in different zones too (not the space goats of course, the original ones). But I have one opinion that maybe its controversial: I think that there shouldn't be an invasion by the Horde and Alliance. We could somehow "slip" into Outland, be it for contact between Azeroth and someone there or something else. Would be cool if the Horde and Alliance that we help there are the original ones of the Second War, Sons of Lothar and Horde of Draenor. You see, the Fel Horde is a TBC retcon. There is no need to follow that path, we can go there and have nice green Bleeding Hollow clan leading a war of the surviving corrupted orcs agains the Sons of Lothar in a decades long conflict on this shatered world. And when we go there they are surprised to see us and welcome the help of this weird adventurer that got there somehow. That's not even a far stretch, Illidan and his boys got there by another portal, not the Dark Portal.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:24 pm

Aquino wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 pm
Kanto123 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 pm
Aquino wrote:

i.e.
terokkar forest 40-45
shadowmoon valley 55-60
I agree with you, but i think it should be for lvl 60, the entire zone. Would be cool, it would give a feel that thee planet is only for experienced heroes because it is very dangerous. It is basically what it is on TBC. But yes, it would be needed to have some reworked stuff to fit in the lore. Shattrat could be a neutral city ful of refugees like in TBC but not Draenei led. Just a "refugee city state" with a council of representatives of the races that live there. The Mag'har should remain the same at TBC. About Illidan and Vashj I think the way it went on TBC was fine, just expand a bit more on their reasons. About Kael and the blood elves, they could either be enemy to Horde and Alliance or neutral, just trying to survive in their new home after breaking with Illidan for some reason. A couple factions of neutral draenei in different zones too (not the space goats of course, the original ones). But I have one opinion that maybe its controversial: I think that there shouldn't be an invasion by the Horde and Alliance. We could somehow "slip" into Outland, be it for contact between Azeroth and someone there or something else. Would be cool if the Horde and Alliance that we help there are the original ones of the Second War, Sons of Lothar and Horde of Draenor. You see, the Fel Horde is a TBC retcon. There is no need to follow that path, we can go there and have nice green Bleeding Hollow clan leading a war of the surviving corrupted orcs agains the Sons of Lothar in a decades long conflict on this shatered world. And when we go there they are surprised to see us and welcome the help of this weird adventurer that got there somehow. That's not even a far stretch, Illidan and his boys got there by another portal, not the Dark Portal.

What would be the purpose from a gameplay perspective? If everyone is already max level then it would be difficult to find enough important things for them to do to fit Outland, unless we limit it to Hellfire Peninsula; I suppose the purpose of questing in outland for lvl 60 players could be for gathering gold, but still the incentive isn't quite as high as it is for gaining experience while leveling

(I also am of the opinion that Northrend should be turned into leveling zones)

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Fri May 20, 2022 6:57 pm

The Fel Horde itself isn't something TBC created from scratch. Fel orcs and their organizations were a thing in TFT. Remember Illidan's war against Magtheridon? Yep, that's where players confronted fel orcs in Outland. So I believe that the Fel Horde exists even here, in Turtle wow.

Aquino

Post by Aquino » Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 am

Galendor wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:57 pm
The Fel Horde itself isn't something TBC created from scratch. Fel orcs and their organizations were a thing in TFT. Remember Illidan's war against Magtheridon? Yep, that's where players confronted fel orcs in Outland. So I believe that the Fel Horde exists even here, in Turtle wow.
Yes, but its never implied that the entirety of the Horde of Draenor became Fel Orcs. I think the most rational hipotesys is that some did and some didn't. But by the time we get there, there is no single green orc on the planet. In my opinion we could have both the Horde of Draenor and the Fel Horde presented in WC3.