Forsaken models with a full set of skin

Silverleafeon

Forsaken models with a full set of skin

Post by Silverleafeon » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi all. I think it would be great if Forsaken had an option to have skin over their bones. The spine, elbows, knees, ribs, etc poking through their armor is a big deterrent for a lot of people. Plus, aren't there quite a few more Alliance players than Horde? This would help even things out a tiny bit.

Pistol

Re: Forsaken models with a full set of skin

Post by Pistol » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:08 pm

I want Forsaken that are just skeletons as well for the true Chads playing undead
Last edited by Pistol on Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 pm

Pistol wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:08 pm
I want Forsaken that are just skeletons as well for the Chads playing undead
I don't play forsaken but this is a cool idea

Silverleafeon

Post by Silverleafeon » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:37 pm

Pistol wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:08 pm
I want Forsaken that are just skeletons as well for the Chads playing undead
Honestly, I think this would be a great idea as well. I was thinking about that earlier, when I made my post. As gross as it sounds, players would be able to determine the amount of rot they want, lol. Did your character die yesterday, or have they been buried for the past year and a half? It's up to you to decide :D

Projecx

Post by Projecx » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:38 am

Yes, let's do both if possible.

I know doing full skin should be easy. The Chinese version of the original game required the models. So should just have to pull the models over from that version.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:00 am

Silverleafeon wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:48 pm
Hi all. I think it would be great if Forsaken had an option to have skin over their bones. The spine, elbows, knees, ribs, etc poking through their armor is a big deterrent for a lot of people. Plus, aren't there quite a few more Alliance players than Horde? This would help even things out a tiny bit.
Not a skin, but if you want it as a patch (in other words, it'll only be visible to you), here they are.

https://ulozto.net/file/k7bYgcHfFvxJ/ch ... 1-12-1-rar

These patches work with 1.16.

Silverleafeon

Post by Silverleafeon » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:22 pm

Mac wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:00 am
Silverleafeon wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:48 pm
Not a skin, but if you want it as a patch (in other words, it'll only be visible to you), here they are.

https://ulozto.net/file/k7bYgcHfFvxJ/ch ... 1-12-1-rar

These patches work with 1.16.
Hi, thanks for the link :)

Would be cool if this could get implemented as a regular part of the game.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Thu May 19, 2022 1:41 am

I know this is an old topic, but I'd like to see the "censored" version of the Forsaken added as a bonus skin or customization option, myself. I wouldn't think it would be hard to implement – the data's already there (sort of). Plus, the Forsaken are one of the three races without a skin variant, right now (the others being Night Elf (really?) and Goblin).

Just a thought.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu May 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:41 am
I know this is an old topic, but I'd like to see the "censored" version of the Forsaken added as a bonus skin or customization option, myself. I wouldn't think it would be hard to implement – the data's already there (sort of). Plus, the Forsaken are one of the three races without a skin variant, right now (the others being Night Elf (really?) and Goblin).

Just a thought.
I don't think both can exist side-by-side.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:28 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:54 pm
Jolikmc wrote:

Just a thought.
I think he means just adding the skin as an option like how you can choose different beards for dwarves and tusks for trolls; they would need to get the full skinned version from somewhere and at it to the set of options on the player creation screen

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sat May 21, 2022 2:48 am

Either that or as a Donation Shop thing, yeah.

Now, I can see why this wouldn't be a customization thing like it is in Shadowlands – a fact I only just learned as of late. The "boneless" Forsaken is its own model. The game simply isn't set up for using entirely different models as the player skin as only certain "NPC" races have the ability to equip armor. Even if it were added as a Donation Shop skin, it would still need to be added into the game's data files under its own category, I imagine. It's certainly not impossible, considering the addition of foxes, two new playable races, and the like, but even so… I can see why it might not be worth the hassle.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:01 am

Kanto123 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:28 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:54 pm
Jolikmc wrote:

Just a thought.
I think he means just adding the skin as an option like how you can choose different beards for dwarves and tusks for trolls; they would need to get the full skinned version from somewhere and at it to the set of options on the player creation screen
They are two different body types. Old versions of WoW don't support that, or at least I don't know if they do. It's even more complicated with how clothes/armor looks on the joints of Forsaken, because the original was made so that clothes/armor become invisible on their knees and elbows and their spines, hips and shoulders protrude from the armor.

Not having this is a separate body type and I don't think the developers can implement it, even more so, it's an effort not worth investing into, and finally, if Blizzard's vision is to be followed truly, Forsaken have to gradually decay even further, to the point where they become just skeletons. Obviously that kind of procedural technology wasn't available around 2004 so Forsaken were left in a semi-decayed state. Now Retail WoW has all these kinds of cosmetical options, but that's only because the developers have no more ideas how to milk the game and are expanding it horizontally with cosmetics of all kinds, not because it's lore-friendly, WoW stopped being lore-friendly when TBC launched.

So the only way to have this is to have each person install a custom patch.MPQ that adds the Chinese Forsaken models and it's a just per-user feature, not visible to those who don't have it.

I'd much rather the Turtle team focus on releasing the Class Update and announce what's coming in the near future in terms of actual playable content rather than some (mostly irrelevant) cosmetic stuff.

I think people need to understand something about Turtle WoW - it's main selling point is that it adds more gameplay elements on top of Vanilla WoW. This is what makes it stand out from other servers and why people are interested in playing here. Cosmetic additions to the game, like Dark Iron or Wildhammer or Amani skins are just an afterthought and the fact that they are available is because it's very easy to add those, but people need to understand that requesting all kinds of random features, especially useless cosmetics are not what Turtle WoW needs that much. Nobody is going to get psyched about playing here just because they have a Gnome with a skin where there is a birthmark right between his eyes that makes him look like The Buddha. People wanna play here, because they can be a Melee Hunter or an Arcane Mage or play in zones that were never in the game and do quests that never existed.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun May 22, 2022 3:31 am

No need to be hyper-defensive, friend. I was just giving my thoughts on the matter and, as you can read above your post, I came to the same conclusion about the models, myself. The paid skins are just that: skins. "Boneless" Forsaken goes a little beyond that scope, as would "Skeletal Forsaken", which is why I didn't also suggest that.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:06 am

I don't know where you picked up that I was being defensive, I was saying that the way forsaken models work is different from every other model.

My opinion is that cosmetics aren't what the server needs, they can always be added later, but it's not what drives people to play it.