A fresh server?

Tehslick

A fresh server?

Post by Tehslick » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:40 pm

Hello everybody

I recently heard about Turtle WoW and i'm very excited about all the cool changes and additions the team has made already.

Especially a lot of class changes coming soon - super impressive stuff.

My question/suggestion is whether it has ever been considered to make a new completely fresh server with all the existing changes and additions in play from the beginning?

It would be crazy cool to have all class changes and a fresh new realm coming together.

I also feel like it could boost the population a lot - seeing as Turtle WoW is at this point progressed all the way to Naxx,
So new players dont necessarily wanna start on the server as they feel like they are very 'behind'

The new and existing server could potentially allow for cross-realm BGs and the likes, so there is still an inherent advantage for people who choose to stay on the original established server, as they would have access to better gear.

Let me know what you think about it.. good or bad... :)

Pistol

Re: A fresh server?

Post by Pistol » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:49 pm

I see no reason to split an existing community just so new players can chase the fresh server high. What happens in two years, four? Does it just keep getting reset? This is also an RP server and I know many RPers don't enjoy leveling enough to level every character they have over and over again while also having to remake RP guilds over and over again.

The devs have repeatedly said no the question of a fresh server, including just a few minutes before I posted this reply.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:01 am

Tehslick wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:40 pm
Let me know what you think about it.. good or bad... :)
I don't like it. maintenance_turtle
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:06 am

Wouldn't be good in the sense that this is a project that will only end when circumstances dictate the the team move on to other things (in their lives, I guess). What I mean is, TWoW is like a living document. It keeps progressing because the team likes to build on the world and manifest creativity. So there isn't really a given or (at least that I know about) prescribed 'end point'.

Jump in and enjoy it.

Aomiaz

Post by Aomiaz » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:50 am

other people's gear does not bother me. other people's gear means alot to them.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:23 am

I've never seen the inside of naxx on turtle, really doesn't bother me what people have I'm here because I love the community

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:24 am

F R E S H

I don't like it either. Imo, the attraction of the MMORPG genre is to see a real community, like when you come to a new neighbourhood. In a neighbourhood, there are young and old people, there are rich and poor, there are newcomers and oldtownfolks. And it's this diversity that creates a communal atmosphere.

The attraction of "F R E S H" is something else, and is more like any other game than a MMORPG. Fresh also has the adverse effect of encouraging the "zoom zoom culture" (going as fast as possible to be "ahead of the curve"). While the ordinary mmorpg experience encourages chillness (there is no timer, no race : just pick flowers, kill some boars, or talk to T3 players hanging in town...).
Main: Whitemare

Velmerk

Post by Velmerk » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:05 am

I've never even gone beyond level 49 and I've been playing private severs for about two years now. I enjoy the adventure of level not raiding. Loving the HC community on this server. Most fun I've had playing the game since 2008
Velamir. Leveling warrior.

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:33 pm

Why would you want to take away everything from everyone ? I mean . . . how does that make sense ? for you its gonna be a fresh start. But why do others that came here b4 you bother you ? :o I am pretty sure most people would give up and not start over. On the other hand if you mean a fresh realm . . . halving a already small community is a terrible idea and why would anyone that spend years join the fresh realm ? I dont see any positive sides to this suggestion :s

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:33 pm

The one thing a fresh server would have going for it is that you'd have other people leveling with you, and thus you'd be more easily able to put together groups for elite quests and dungeons. This is probably a worse issue on Turtle since the leveling community is splintered between hardcore and non-hardcore. That said, I don't think that alone warrants creating a new server, and it's probably just best to focus on the one current server then create new ones. Personally, I'd like to have one established server that is always there than an endless cycle of fresh servers constantly resetting things, even if that means leveling alone.

Tehslicksfather

Post by Tehslicksfather » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:47 pm

I for one think this is a very good suggestion and the people that doesn't want to lose their stuff can just get some new on the FRESH realm? It's only items afterall.
I will bring this higher up and I got a feeling that the devs are behind me on this!

Merry Christmas!

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Mac wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:33 pm
The one thing a fresh server would have going for it is that you'd have other people leveling with you, and thus you'd be more easily able to put together groups for elite quests and dungeons.
It is already the case on TurtleWoW : the turtle glyph and the HC challenge create an environment where you'll always find people who are leveling for the challenge of it. Leveling on TWoW is very active despite its rather limited population.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:25 pm

Fresh's a no from me mate.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:09 am

No please dont drop all what i got
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:35 pm

I'm in support of a full reset, but I appreciate why everyone else isn't.

Fresh would right a few wrongs that have been done over the years.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm

Pfwg wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:35 pm
I'm in support of a full reset, but I appreciate why everyone else isn't.

Fresh would right a few wrongs that have been done over the years.
What do you mean?

Fin

Post by Fin » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Topic had run his course. Thread closed to prevent further degradation in discussion.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097