Lack of stuff to do once max level is reached

Diademuertos

Lack of stuff to do once max level is reached

Post by Diademuertos » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:01 pm

One of Turtle wow's main downsides is the lack of stuff to do once players reach 60 and complete all the content, dungeons and raids

Besides PVP and doing the same old dungeons/raids over and over there really isn't anything to keep players attention until new content is released

I feel a good way to tackle this problem is to Create 2 separate content creation teams with one team specialized in PVP and the other specialized in pve content

Each week both teams will release a series of brand new World events for a entire week with one event per each day of the week

Doing this will ensure that maxed out level players will never run out of things to do

Pistol

Re: Lack of stuff to do once max level is reached

Post by Pistol » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:57 pm

That sounds great but I don't know how they'd have the numbers to do that without having paid employees.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:21 pm

That's asking an unrealistic amount of work from an unpaid and non-full time team.
We should already be glad they are outputting an extreme amount of work right now. 1.16 is notably big for an unpaid and voluntary team.
Main: Whitemare

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:14 am

Diademuertos wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:01 pm
One of Turtle wow's main downsides is the lack of stuff to do once players reach 60 and complete all the content, dungeons and raids

Besides PVP and doing the same old dungeons/raids over and over there really isn't anything to keep players attention until new content is released

I feel a good way to tackle this problem is to Create 2 separate content creation teams with one team specialized in PVP and the other specialized in pve content

Each week both teams will release a series of brand new World events for a entire week with one event per each day of the week

Doing this will ensure that maxed out level players will never run out of things to do
Let me suggest to you an idea some folks found interesting to try. It was almost half a year back I think.

Get to your bank and empty all your bags. Vendor EVERYTHING except your mount and Hearthstone. Vendor all your gear trinkets and weapons. Buy some bis vendor gear and progress again. Do not die.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Mantigora

Post by Mantigora » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:26 am

Or make an alt.
I hear Female dwarven and Tauren are not that high in numbers.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am

According to statistics Mr. Rosh has been posting Goblins seems to be a very much minority…
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:05 am

Diademuertos wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:01 pm
While I think that's exacerbated to a degree by the low priority on PVP content development, this is a chronic problem with MMOs as a genre. At some point, the 'expansion' (version) is exhausted for content, and the player has to get creative (an example given above by Sinrek).

This has never been fully addressed, and I am unsure it really can be. It was the business model for Blizzard and other MMO developers to make expansions. That's just how it works.

There is a life to it, in general, and it's finite. Which is why so many think FRESH is the savior to any given server's state of being played out. It really just restarts the cycle, and some people are happy to play that same cycle over and over.

TWoW is enhancing the game, but no one will change the fact that a server can get played out.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:32 am

Do like any sandbox mmo community does : create your own fun.
- Organize community events (like a AB or AV at a decided time, or a fashion week contest).
- Explore what you haven't do yet (another class, other zones, other activities, etc).
- Meditate on the absurdity of life while fishing.
Or any other self-assigned goal, or community event.
Main: Whitemare

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:58 am

Lahire wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:32 am
Do like any sandbox mmo community does : create your own fun.
- Organize community events (like a AB or AV at a decided time, or a fashion week contest).
- Explore what you haven't do yet (another class, other zones, other activities, etc).
- Meditate on the absurdity of life while fishing.
Or any other self-assigned goal, or community event.
Yeah, if you want to see events on this server, nothing really stops you from creating and hosting them yourself. This server has had player-run events in the past. Just plan plan plan and advertise advertise advertise, and be willing to work with others to get the event going.

With Christmas coming up this month, you (or really anyone) could easily do a Winter Veil party a few days before Christmas.