tauren priests?

Augustfenix85

Re: tauren priests?

Post by Augustfenix85 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:13 pm

Tauren Rogue would be my preferred choice. But with the melee hunter addition coming I can settle for that.

If anything with a horde race getting priests I could see Orc only because of where they are from and maybe learning from the lost one Draenai
Duvall
Velissa
Calmore
Malcore
Splodax

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:58 pm

Please no, Spirit Walkers are shamans and tauren shamans gonna have spirit link anyway.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Spiritwalkers are not classical WoW shamans. They are mystics, which deal with the afterlife and the spirits of their ancestors. Classical WoW shamans deal with elemental spirits, forces of nature. They do not focus on communing with the dead, whereas Spiritwalkers do.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:48 am
if it were for me, i would make druids&paladins Alliance only while Shamans&Warlocks horde only.

Absolutely.

Inclusion-ism is overrated, under-perceived as to its capacity to dilute story, lore, gaming, etc.

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:42 am

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm
No.

We do not touch those atrocities committed by ActiBlizzurd.
God bless you Sinrek, you'll go to paradise i ensure you.
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 am

Augustfenix85 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:13 pm
Tauren Rogue would be my preferred choice.
Sure the 2m10 cow with big stomping hooves can be sneaky lmao.
Good joke.
Kazgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:56 pm
Spiritwalkers are not classical WoW shamans. They are mystics, which deal with the afterlife and the spirits of their ancestors. Classical WoW shamans deal with elemental spirits, forces of nature. They do not focus on communing with the dead, whereas Spiritwalkers do.
As WoW shaman is a fusion of the 3 WC3 spirit units, this aspect is present in the class too. WoW shaman isn't just elements, it also has a rez that references the Ancestors (Ancestral Spirit) ; it has the Ankh ; it has Chain Heal that resembles the Chain Link. And all the textbox in game about the ancestors, the spirit world, etc.
This aspect has been reinforced during retail (spirit form...), but it was ofc present since vanilla. This class is really a mash up :
- Totems are from the troll witch doctor
- Ancestral Spirit, chain heal, ancestral lore from the tauren spirit walker
- All the elemental stuff + purge from the orc shaman
- Ankh is from tauren chieftain
- the troll hero has the same thematic (chain heal and ward)

This thematic, which can be called "tribal magic", was a continuum during WC3 used to inspire more than 1 class (priest has parts of it). It's not 1 = 1, but most aspects of wow shaman come from this tribal theme.
Main: Whitemare

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:09 am

Augustfenix85 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:13 pm
Tauren Rogue would be my preferred choice. But with the melee hunter addition coming I can settle for that.
A tauren rogue isn't as completely, totally, 100% outlandish as some people might think given that Grimtotem bandits and Grimtotem ruffians are in game, although you could argue they aren't strictly rogues. So only, like, 99% outlandish.
Afaslizo wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:13 pm
Before I even consider Tauren priests I sooner consider Tauren mages because of the Tauren boss in Blackrock Depths. He might be Twilight Hammer but since that cult actually should prefer Shadow Priests it appears that Taurens are not able to become them else he would have been one. So in-game example dictates that arcane and elemental magic is far mor likely than priesthood.

I agree though that Tauren Mage is a bit silly. There is not really any additional existing class that fits with the Tauren race at the moment. If Turtle ever adds any custom classes that might change but I don't see that happen.
There's also Grimtotem sorcerers and Grimtotem geomancers in game to support tauren mages. Maybe we could get tauren mages and dwarf mages at the exact same time.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:55 am

Lahire wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 am
Yes, a WoW shaman is a jack of trades master of none. Whether you classify a spiritwalker as a shaman or a priest, it doesn't really matter because the spiritwalker is not entirely either. The term shaman, like you've pointed out, is ambiguous and is an umbrella term. When it comes to tribal races, a shaman and a priest are the same thing (until you make the distinction when it comes to communing with the elements) - which is why you often see people saying a troll shaman or priest can fulfill the role of a witch doctor.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29