Changes to MELEE HUNTER

Raukodor

Changes to MELEE HUNTER

Post by Raukodor » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:41 pm

HELLO turtle Friends. Im very happy with new changes. BUT as a melee hunter player i think still needs a big update for being real viable

First of all. Melee hunter needs shoot. Even being survival melee is very few% of your damage

So if you wanna make it FULL melee and remove all shoot needs a big upgrade.

-wolf aspect: gives 120 ap but you cant shoot.
Low buff for losing all ranged damage. And melee hunter need dodge too.(that you get from monkey aspect)
Instead only 120 ap maybe a good buff to agility (wich guives +ap and +dodge). Wolf aspect Needs a BIG upgrade to be worth of losing all range capability. You are not a warrior. Maybe +100% agility so get enough ap and dodge to be strong enough (remember. You lose all ranged skill)

-buff melee skills: old.lacerate. mongoose and counterattack does crap damage and domt scale at all. Even if they crit. Need a buff damage or better scaling with ap

-more melee skills:melee hunter have very few melee skills. Most are situational and requires to dodge. Maybe turn your shoots into melee skills would be a good idea. (Serpent strike. Multi strike. Arcane strike.... And melee hunter mark)

-still not a real melee class. Admit it. Hunter is not a.pure melee class. And being survival dont fixt that. Maybe adding something like flurry (+attack speed when crit) or something that reduces the cd.of.melee.strikes (a survival hunter does almost same damage in melee than a Bm or MM.) Or even make survival hunter able to put traps in combat

Those would be my fixes to do a melee hunter more viable if wanna make a full melee class

In short: wolf aspect gives a good bonus to agility. Buff melee skills. Turn ranged skills into melee strikes and allow use traps in combat anz maybe give him flurry

What do you think??
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Augustfenix85

Re: Changes to MELEE HUNTER

Post by Augustfenix85 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:03 am

While I like the idea of traps in combat, it would have to be something like the Rogue’s Improved Sap in talents to be fair.
Maybe add it into the talent Trap Mastery

Also I can see serpent sting have a melee option: serpent strike
Duvall
Velissa
Calmore
Malcore
Splodax

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 am

You do realize you can instantly swap between aspects? Use normal ones till enemy gets close, activate Wolf till you murder it, and change Back to whatever other aspect you were using to shoot. Repeat o.o

What you are suggesting would overpower any other melee class.

Darreno

Post by Darreno » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:44 am

Augustfenix85 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:03 am
While I like the idea of traps in combat, it would have to be something like the Rogue’s Improved Sap in talents to be fair.
Maybe add it into the talent Trap Mastery

Also I can see serpent sting have a melee option: serpent strike
A melee hunter does cast Serpent Sting as part of a PvE DPS rotation in raids. But I understand what you mean.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 pm

But mana is not eternal. Changing froms aspect to aspect. And feinging death to cast trap.in combat will drain your mana

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:53 pm

And what about a temporary debuff that makes you unable to shoot when you change from wolf aspect

Melhist2

Post by Melhist2 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Since you lose all you range attacks, at least aspect of wolf should let you strike mongose bite without Dodge. And it wuld be good if mongose bite had weapon damage or some kind of scale.
Or raptor strike shuld be instant and not bind to autoatack

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:26 pm

Melee hunter attacks hits like my dead grandmother....need a real big buff and scale with ap

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:50 pm

And still a survival hunter most personal damage comes from shoots.

So wolf aspect needs a REAL upgrade to be worth of losing all ranged capability

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Hey can we get at least melee hunter skills scale with ap and cause +weapon damage? To do a significative damage