Using a TBC Databse.

Jcarrill0

Using a TBC Databse.

Post by Jcarrill0 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:12 pm

So let me start off by saying this post is not me suggesting TurtleWoW actually use a TBC system.
When I joined Turtle WoW, it was a small RP-PvE server, the only one in fact, and the goal in mind was slow and steady race to level 60, enjoying the leveling process. We did RP events, and while it was a small group of us, I enjoyed it more then other Private servers where it was more populated and more toxic, plus they are all pretty much dead now and yet Turtle WoW still remains.
Special shout out to "The Rebirth" server where it was probably one of the best private server community I had ever experienced plus it was my first private Server community. Turtle WoW is a close second slowly becoming first
I have played on a TBC client before that only did Vanilla content (called Vanilla243), and it was small like Turtle WoW community that did it very best to revert the TBC changes back to Vanilla. Everyone account set to Vanilla, yet they had the ability to make the 2 new classes (Blood Elves/Draenei).
The idea made the game interesting to play. Later on they had custom changes, much like Turtle WoW does here.
Since the first day of launch, Turtle WoW has evolved, a lot! Some changes I don't particularly care for, but I have learned to adapt and accept. The community here is just really good, way better then even on Classic WoW, and I play on the RP server.
While I have left for awhile, The feel of making it Warcraft 3 lore made me come back. Torta and his staff has really captured the idea in mind which peaks my own personal interest to play once again on a private server (even more then my own personal server) because of what they offer. Thank you guys for doing this.

So while I have explained the background of what I have seen on other servers, and what I have been through with Turtle WoW, I just wanted to ask about a TBC Database.
Perhaps you guys have considered it, perhaps you guys plan to eventually do it? I have no idea. I wanted to ask since there has been a lot of new and interesting changes coming.

I have been wanting to ask since about why we decided to use a patched Vanilla client. They changes and the upcoming changes feel so much like TBC, that it just doesn't make sense why we are NOT using a TBC client. (patched TBC ofc)

Please continue to be awesome as Turtle WoW is still currently the only Private Server for wow that i choose to play on!