Missing Goblin Shamans

Gnatz

Missing Goblin Shamans

Post by Gnatz » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

i am wondering why there are no goblin shamans selectable at character selection? Does this have to be something with the lore? Can somebody pls explain? If no lore exists concerning this, can they be added? Would love o play a small healer...

Many thanks for explaining :)

Camanchaca

Re: Missing Goblin Shamans

Post by Camanchaca » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Goblin priest may be more interesting from a roleplay perspective...

Derikom

Post by Derikom » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:13 pm

Goblins are pretty unanimously known for exploiting and destroying the natural world, frankly even gnomes would make better shamans than goblins do and the only reason they were added in retail is because Blizzard needed to throw them another class for balance's sake, which isn't a problem t-wow has.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:08 am

If a goblin could meet a spirit, they would either kill it or enslave it, and then sell its body, dead or alive.
Goblins pollute nature as a business and a pastime ; they control the horde's oil production, deal with toxic wastes, etc.
Not really an attractive folk to connect to for spirits. Goblin shaman is one of the hundreds mistakes made by retail because they only care about "gamy balance" when they should care about rpg fantasy and world consistency.
Main: Whitemare

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:59 am

Goblin Shaman Lore:

I paid an elemental to do my biding.

----
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Gnatz

Post by Gnatz » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:49 am

I get it, I get -.-

too bad.... many thanks anyway

Ashigaru

Post by Ashigaru » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 pm

The lore around goblin shaman is they basically made deals/contracts with the elements to use their power which is just blizzard way of justifying the race/class combo bit of a joke.