Temporary Hardcore Tomb

Lahire

Temporary Hardcore Tomb

Post by Lahire » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:14 am

Hi,

Would it be possible for a HC toon to drop a little tomb/grave on death? This tomb would be temporary (1 hour for example) and clickable (open a conversation reading "Here Lies Pancake, a valiant Gnome Warrior lvl 9. May their name be remembered" or something like that).

We talked about it in HC chat the other day and agreed it would be neat, and blizzard is doing the same (they are doing a bad copy of HC mode for SoM and you drop a 1 hour memorial orb when you die, but then can rez... it's not really HC).

What do you think about this cosmetic, fun and non-intrusive change?
Main: Whitemare

Sinrek

Re: Temporary Hardcore Tomb

Post by Sinrek » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:09 pm

For characters level 10 and above - sure, good idea.

I'd go even further with it.

Level 10+ — 1h Tombstone. (Simple wooden board object)
Level 20+ — 2h Tombstone. (Framed wooden poster object)
Level 30+ — 5h Tombstone. (Faction shield poor quality)
Level 40+ — 8h Tombstone. (Stone figurine)
Level 50+ — 24h Tombstone. (A small statue on a dias)
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

R4ndomization

Post by R4ndomization » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:05 pm

I am of the opinion that they should last much longer than both of you have suggested.

I would go even as far as to take Dark Souls as an example, so that players could leave a message intended for others as their tombstone. This would obviously be subject to moderation/banning/removal in case of too many deaths.

I suggest that the tombstones would differ each 10 levels, like suggested by Sinrek, but imo they should last longer than just days. I also think that there should be no tombstones below lvl 10 or 20, as to prevent an overwhelming mass of them at the usual starter death locations.
Sincerely yours,
Moohammood

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:48 pm

R4ndomization wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:05 pm
I am of the opinion that they should last much longer than both of you have suggested.

I would go even as far as to take Dark Souls as an example, so that players could leave a message intended for others as their tombstone. This would obviously be subject to moderation/banning/removal in case of too many deaths.

I suggest that the tombstones would differ each 10 levels, like suggested by Sinrek, but imo they should last longer than just days. I also think that there should be no tombstones below lvl 10 or 20, as to prevent an overwhelming mass of them at the usual starter death locations.
You don't want the server to be crowded with tombs. It has already enough lag spikes.
And you do not want a system that would create friction/work for the team, as they don't have a lot of GM. Custom message is just a door opened to bad manner and doesn't bring a lot more than a standard message.
Simplest is often best, in game design.
Main: Whitemare

Darreno

Post by Darreno » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 pm

a little RIP tomb is a great idea :P