New races brainstorming

Shatterfury

New races brainstorming

Post by Shatterfury » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:03 pm

Bear in mind that this is just speculation!

With the arrival of the High Elves and the Goblins the server got a huge boost, we were just playing a 18 year old game frozen in time, we were playing an update vanilla WoW, a what if the developers updated Vanilla, not go on to create large self contained expansions.

The High Elves surely pushed the balance even more towards the Alliance, but they are a welcomed and WANTED edition by the community. I am playing a High Elf Paladin now, Keldor, rater than my usual Troll Shaman.

I was thinking what race can actually make me seriously put my High Elf Paladin on hold yet fit with the Horde? The response came naturally: The Zandalari, the new ones I mean.
They are regal looking and their muscular, upright stance makes them badass looking.

Yes, I know, that the looks are a retcoon made in later expansions but the lore for the Zandalari being different is already there in vanilla.
Just like many things were hastily implemented in Vanilla WoW and placeholders were used: like no Forest and Ice Troll models, or the total absence of Dark Trolls altogether, or the total lack of Forsaken architecture.

In vanilla WoW the Zandalari are still the Thinker, Priestly Tribe that guides all other Tribes in spiritual matters and from the snipbits we have we know they have a thriving society that has flourished AFTER the Sundering separately from the other tribes, thus the argument for them looking different is very easy to make.

I know that copy pasting the high detail model from retail is out of the question, it would be out of place, but a new one can be made based on the Night Elf skeleton, if I am not mistaking in retail they use a modified Night Elf skeleton. If the theme of regal looking, upright standing troll is followed, a very interesting troll will appear, one that would think the boxes of Turtle WoW and fit into vanilla lore very easily.

You are part of a very large group, tens of thousands, of Zandalari Trolls who has left Zandalar driven by the Prophet Zul who wished to thrust the Zandalari society back into contact with the rest of the races of Azeroth.
In Zul`s opinion the Zandalari are too passive and stagnant even if their civilization is one that others look up to.
The Wayfarer Tribe, as they are liked to be adressed, broke from the rest of the Zandalari society after a heated argument between King Rastakhan and Zul erupted in small bloodshed.
Zul took his people and found companionship within the fledgling Horde who was still settling in Kalimdor, the Darkspears and the Raventusks all but sealed the deal.

You start on a small island off the coast of Zandalar but you can`t reach it by swimming. After doing a bunch of quests to prepare the ships to take your people to Kalimdor, you set sail After that you end up in Mulgore, You find the spiritual Tauren the most fascinating and welcoming of all Horde races.

I presented the Wayfarer Tribe as big Tribe to let the developers dot the map with their settlements as the need arises.
The Horde is in need of more, and bigger settlements.

I would very much like to see the Horde Trolls get their hands on parts of Azshara, that zone is underused and literally on the doorstep of Ogrimmar and the Horde has lack of quests at high levels.

Note that Zandalar itself is left as a zone to be quested at a later date and the Zandalari Tribe is left as it`s separate faction.

I would very much like to see Wayfarer Zandalari and Goblin quarters in Ogrimmar. That city is in dire need of love compared with all the other Alliance capitals.

The Alliance counterpart is none other then the Ashtongue Tribe of uncorrupted Broken, led by none other than Akama who settles in Darnassus with the help of Maiev. This ties in with the planned Outland mini-expansion.

The Wayfarer Zandalari can be Paladins, Battle Priests, as they are known in Zandalari society and the Broken certainly can be Shaman. :D

Thank you for bearing with me, folks!

Lahire

Re: New races brainstorming

Post by Lahire » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 am

I feel like Turtle has already enough races.
I would prefer the goblins to be polished (hair styles, missing animations, etc) instead of trying to do another race.
Main: Whitemare

Shatterfury

Post by Shatterfury » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks for the reply.
I get what you are saying, I am of the opinion that, for the moment, the Goblins and the High Elves are enough. And yes, they need polishing.

But my brainstorming, if taken into consideration in any shape or form, would be considered after Outland is released.

I was just trying to come up with a plausible, WC3 and Vanilla WoW lore friendly, justification for two additional races down the road, when the time comes that is.

Thank you again for the reply.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 am

This is a very good post, and I'd like to thank you very much for the time you put in it.

It will be taken into consideration, but the Horde already got new Trolls, the Revantusk skins we added thanks to our lord and saviour Kazgrim imply the Forest Trolls of Revantusk to be part of the Horde now and playable to the Horde, in truth the Horde pretty much got both trolls and goblins, although you could argue that so did dwarves with the wildhammer skins although the wildhammer lore hasn't been expanded at all yet.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Shatterfury

Post by Shatterfury » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:00 pm

Gheor wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 am
This is a very good post, and I'd like to thank you very much for the time you put in it.

It will be taken into consideration, but the Horde already got new Trolls, the Revantusk skins we added thanks to our lord and saviour Kazgrim imply the Forest Trolls of Revantusk to be part of the Horde now and playable to the Horde, in truth the Horde pretty much got both trolls and goblins, although you could argue that so did dwarves with the wildhammer skins although the wildhammer lore hasn't been expanded at all yet.
WoW, this went better then expected.

Forest Trolls, as we have them in Turtle WoW, are just a different skin as you said, and yes, I see the Forest Troll skins akin to the Wildhammer skins.

A further point that I could make for the Zandalari, in relation to the rest of the Horde trolls, is that they are comparable with the situation between the Night Elves and the High Elves.

If the Alliance can have two distinct elf races, so can the Horde have two distinct troll races.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:07 pm

Jungle Trolls and Forest Trolls - Darkspear and Revantusk xD?
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Shatterfury

Post by Shatterfury » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 am

Gheor wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:07 pm
Jungle Trolls and Forest Trolls - Darkspear and Revantusk xD?
Yep, those two. I should have used the Tribe names.

I am so excited for the Zandalari, even though you just said it would be taken into consideration. satisfied_turtle_head