High elf racial

Nerasw

High elf racial

Post by Nerasw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:35 am

1 and only aspect of current state of racial ability i hate is energy regen.
It is useless. Energy as a resourse is all about constant recovery and spending during battle. But to use this ability u need to channel it for five seconds. U would recover same amount (or even more) just standing still.
Standing and not attacking is not what rogue should do in pve or can do in pvp. Just imagine using gouge or blind to recover energy u just had spend on gouge just right not... For what?

I suggest to add a buff u would get for fully channeling that ability:
Duration - 6-8 seconds
Tooltip - Next N* abilities will not spend rage or energy for using them.

Reason:
Now it just not good for any non-mana user (u wont get rage for not hitting enemy while channel... Nor get any pros as rogue right now
(*)2 for rage using class/ 1 for energy based cause they will regain resourse naturally while channeling ability/nothing for mana users cuz they gain resourse they cant reliably recover by itself so it already strong for them.or may be lower the initial recovery of mana from 2% to 1.25%(10 -> 7.5 for the channel part) but after u fully channeling it and get the buff u regain another 5% of max mana as a reward for completion of
Channel part.

Lahire

Re: High elf racial

Post by Lahire » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 am

That would be so broken.
All racials don't have to be overpowered you know. Half of them are here for the flavour alone. Like the troll's +5 on throwing weapons.

And it is common to have a racial disabled because of your class. For example the orc's bonus to pets works for 2 classes and that's it. Orc's blood fury only augments melee damage: it is useless for demonist. The tauren stomp doesn't work for druid shapeshifted. The gnome +intel on a warrior equates to nothing. Etc. That's just normal for vanilla design. All races are not the best at all classes and that's a good thing. It avoids homogenizing the game.

If I'm being truthful, I find very odd that a mana regen ability can regen rage or energy. I'm pretty sure if the original designers would have concieved this racial, it would have only regen mana and do nothing for manaless classes. Because from a fantasy point of view (which was always first during design) it makes no sense that a high elf can produce rage or energy. They are a manatide race.
Last edited by Lahire on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alt: Whitemare

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:17 am

Lahire wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 am
That would be so broken.
All racials don't have to be overpowered you know. Half of them are here for the flavour alone. Like the troll's +5 on throwing weapons...
good point the racial would be much more powerful than anything else available.

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 am

So u compare active ability of helf with passive abilities... Nice point. Troll's berserker totally useless for thinking of.

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:04 am

Yutilk wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:17 am
Lahire wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 am
That would be so broken.
All racials don't have to be overpowered you know. Half of them are here for the flavour alone. Like the troll's +5 on throwing weapons...
good point the racial would be much more powerful than anything else available.
How about undead? They have 1 ability to regen hp, 1 passive for dmg(could be wrong) and 1 active for cc break. Great for rp i guess)

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:39 am

Nerasw wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 am
So u compare active ability of helf with passive abilities... Nice point. Troll's berserker totally useless for thinking of.
Have you read the post ?
Alt: Whitemare

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am

Lahire wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:39 am
Nerasw wrote:
Have you read the post ?
I've red it. NGL that was stupid enough. U started that silly comparison between active abilities and passives. So i wont argue with u seriously cuz i said nothing related to helf's bow spec or any passives that ofc cant be for every1 cuz race must be unique.

for eny1 else: just think what is this ability is all about. If we just copy and paste Belf's one then WHY would it be related to mana. BE living in desert in terms of mana, so it make sense that they can get it from creatures around them (silencing them). BUT if Helfs not adapted yet to what happened to sunwell then WHY would they get mana from any source instead of have ISSUES with it.If they did adapted like BE (idk how im not lore professor) then from where they get mana? BE sucking it from around(one of the 1st quest is about use racial on mana-thing). So afaik strange move in terms of lore.

if we have nothing related to rp about this ability so what about fun? is it allowed? Look at undeads. they get 2nd racial from passive to active cuz it was OP af. Trolls has just speed, orks not smart to boost SP, ok. Every thing from books must be translated to game using game own MECHANICS. SO if we have SMART race, what smart in regenerating energy while u regen it naturally? or get rage instead of striking and get it NATURALLY. nothing. if one would ask what smart in regen mana cuz we can naturally regen it, yes, its not stupid cuz we regen less without it ability. So either we have more numbers from it for rage\energy or it is useless at all - then should be fixed to remove anything but mana.

so it all about what aspect we respect more: fun or lore? fun not allowed -ok. Lore wise - this is strange and has no background i could understand(could be wrong, if so - let me know - im always up for become smarter than before)

Paw

Post by Paw » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:55 am

Nerasw wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am
Lahire wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:39 am
Nerasw wrote:
Have you read the post ?
I've red it. NGL that was stupid enough. U started that silly comparison between active abilities and passives. So i wont argue with u seriously cuz i said nothing related to helf's bow spec or any passives that ofc cant be for every1 cuz race must be unique.

for eny1 else: just think what is this ability is all about. If we just copy and paste Belf's one then WHY would it be related to mana. BE living in desert in terms of mana, so it make sense that they can get it from creatures around them (silencing them). BUT if Helfs not adapted yet to what happened to sunwell then WHY would they get mana from any source instead of have ISSUES with it.If they did adapted like BE (idk how im not lore professor) then from where they get mana? BE sucking it from around(one of the 1st quest is about use racial on mana-thing). So afaik strange move in terms of lore.

if we have nothing related to rp about this ability so what about fun? is it allowed? Look at undeads. they get 2nd racial from passive to active cuz it was OP af. Trolls has just speed, orks not smart to boost SP, ok. Every thing from books must be translated to game using game own MECHANICS. SO if we have SMART race, what smart in regenerating energy while u regen it naturally? or get rage instead of striking and get it NATURALLY. nothing. if one would ask what smart in regen mana cuz we can naturally regen it, yes, its not stupid cuz we regen less without it ability. So either we have more numbers from it for rage\energy or it is useless at all - then should be fixed to remove anything but mana.

so it all about what aspect we respect more: fun or lore? fun not allowed -ok. Lore wise - this is strange and has no background i could understand(could be wrong, if so - let me know - im always up for become smarter than before)
Hi! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! Energy channeling is stupid. However Lahire is right!

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:31 am

Nerasw wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:17 am

BUT if Helfs not adapted yet to what happened to sunwell then WHY would they get mana from any source instead of have ISSUES with it.
That's a really interesting point. If I can elaborate, the racial could be a buff to spell crit: they have issues with mana, so they adapted by learning to spend it more precisely

(As for the buff you propose originally, I think it's just too complicated for the engine to provide; the current racial is already a crutch: initially it was planned to be either regen mana OR self-heal for non-mana classes, but it seems the engine can only do "no IFs, no ORs" spell, so now it has to regen mana AND rage AND energy just in order to actually regen particular class' type of power)

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:42 am

Id like to add, what everyone is forgetting is that 25% stun resist for orcs is good for any class

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:28 pm

Tortuga wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:31 am

they have issues with mana, so they adapted by learning to spend it more precisely

Yep, that would be great, i even think we should find the way to remove energy\rage regen completely and just add things on top like %crit or even give them something (un)like NElfs have

for EX: if NElfs have stealth and bonuses to avoidens(dodge) HElf's abilities could praise the SUN to add %crit\hit or even blind enemy with "Sunwell Smite" for 4 seconds (in pvp not so much to be op, in pve Useless but we still have mana regen)
btw all i know about BElfs lore is they wanted to recover their industrial potential and so do a lot of unions with different creatures. But for now HElfs mostly refuges and not forget their pride yet (thus invert human buff for rep)

thanks for yr attention