Northrend and other possible new regions

Robertand7erson

Northrend and other possible new regions

Post by Robertand7erson » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:53 pm

With talk of Northrend being added into Turtle wow I felt compelled to brainstorm some ideas as far as content and dungeons/ Raids

First off a Quest chain that will revolve around players learning the History of the helm of domination and frostmorne

This quest chain will be comprised of about 10 quests and will lead directly to the final confrontation with the lich king himself

Another idea I had for a Quest chain was one revolving around the Azjol-anak and the servants of the old god Yogg-Saron

The living nerubians known as the Azjol-anak managed to retake the inner kingdom of Azjol-Nerub under the leadership of Kilix the Unraveler

Unfortunately the corruption influence of the old god Yogg-Saron fills the inner kingdom and managed to turn half of the
Azjol-Nerub including Kilix into mindless Servants of Yogg-Saron

The few Nerubians who managed to escape the inner kingdom now seek the aid of the alliance and horde in Removing the old god's influence from Azjol-Nerub

Dungeons

I've come up with 3 dungeons

The Frosthold- Home of the Frostborn dwarves who consider the alliance and horde to be outsiders and attack them on sight

Velog Icebellow serves as the end boss for the dungeon

Azjol-Nerub the outer kingdom- the outer kingdom of Azjol-Nerub is held by the Scourge who are lead by the Death Knight Muradin Bronzebeard following his Death at the hands of Prince Arthas

Baelgun Flamebeard also a death knight serves as Muradin's second in command while Muradin serves as the dungeon's end game boss

Azjol-Nerub the inner kingdom- the inner kingdom of Azjol-Nerub is held by the minions of the old god Yogg-Saron

Kilix the Unraveler serves as the dungeons and boss and players must reach exalterd with the uncorrupted Azjol-Nerub before the dungeon becomes available

I've also come up with 3 raids as well

Acherus: The Ebon Hold- the Death knights of Acherus are overseeing the Scourge attacks on the Alliance and Horde from within the walls of this massive necropolis

Highlord Darion Mograine is the raids end boss

the pinnacle of Icecrown- the area directly outside of Icecrown glacier that contains the 4 Icecrown Obelisks that bar the way to the lich king's inner chamber

Player's goal in this raid will to to capture the 4 Obelisks and gain entry to the frozen throne. Anub'arak will serve as the raids end game boss

Icecrown glacier- the final raid of Northrend where players face off against the strongest Scourge forces

The Lich king himself awaits at the vary top and serves as the final boss for Northrend

Azjol-Nerub the upper kingdom, Azjol-Nerub the inner kingdom, the pinnacle of Icecrown and Icecrown Glacier should all be Based off of what they looked like in Warcraft 3 the frozen throne

I also would like to see the Darkspear Islands , Mount Hyjal and the broken isles added in later on as their own zones which I will cover more in detail in a separate post